Old 2 Sep 2004, 02:01 (Ref:1084350)   #26
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Heidi
WRC drivers are the best drifters on the planet.
Ain't that the truth!
Old 2 Sep 2004, 02:32 (Ref:1084365)   #27
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by nsxr
oh yeah what did drifting do to you guys? it's a youth sport. drifting been here for years folks it's not new. why do you guys look down on it?
Hi nsxr, can you please stop labeling everybody in the thread by saying "you guys" all the time. If you have a different opinion then another member(s) then use their name(s) in your post.

Last edited by Dov; 2 Sep 2004 at 02:34.
Old 2 Sep 2004, 06:10 (Ref:1084427)   #28
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Snrub
I know there are those people out there, but I think they are the minority. I would go so far as to say that people interested in Zs and to a certain extend 240SXs are far more likely to be interested in performance and racing and are fertile soil to become CART fans.

BTW: I have no idea what an R31 wagon looks like...and how much did it cost to import that thing?!?
Fair enough, I suppose you're right, I remember back in schol how many people said the 'carX is fully sick' but they didn't know a whole lot about the mechanicals of cars, at least it might help attendance.

There was two R31s, the Jap built and the Aussie built, Unfortunatley the didn't get the IRS of the Jap models, and build quality isn't quite as good, and we got different engines. That's all the main differences, luckily most the jap stuff goes right on apart from the IRS. any RB engine will fit, complete dashes, panels, taillights...
It doesn't sound so impressive now does it but that wasn't the point, we're 'Import People' even though our cars were assembled in Aus, and there is quite a few Import R31s going around..and it's a Nissan...so imports are out thing

Last edited by StuiE; 2 Sep 2004 at 06:20.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 2 Sep 2004, 07:20 (Ref:1084451)   #29
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cool - just learned that a Swede, Samuel "The Crazy Swede" Hübinette won the 2004 Formula D Championship last Sunday, driving a Viper CC
Old 2 Sep 2004, 07:23 (Ref:1084454)   #30
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
^^ He was on Wind Tunnel last week.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=58718

Last edited by Dov; 2 Sep 2004 at 07:26.
Old 2 Sep 2004, 07:39 (Ref:1084461)   #31
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am glad that Champ Car is trying to market themselves to the youth. They are the future consumers and race fans, meaning that they will buy tickets to races.

I have always felt that Champ Car needed young blood to re-energize the series. I hope that I am right in this assumption.
Old 2 Sep 2004, 11:03 (Ref:1084643)   #32
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the obvious isn't it?
think of the only way modern hot rod guys can make their cars faster anyway...turbos mostly as the availability of a new 350 whatever is hard to come buy in the market place for under 20G's
turbo lovers, drifting and the ultimate turbo -the Ford cosworth XFE in a lola or reynard if you fancy, sounding and going like no car spinning in the parking lot could ever.
what would it take to shoe horn an XFE in my Nissan? it is rear drive.
Old 2 Sep 2004, 14:28 (Ref:1084849)   #33
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
nsxr: Ofcourse drifting requires skill, but you one has to admit that it's certainly different from traditional motorsports. For one it's a judged event. I don't think it's disrespectfull to characterize the average north american drift fan, just like it would not be unfair to characterize fans of bull riding. Bull riding takes skill, but I'd guess that most people here prefer CART racing and are of a different demographic.
Old 2 Sep 2004, 15:45 (Ref:1084925)   #34
Uesque
Racer

Ukraine
Pittsburgh, PA
Uesque should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by nsxr
this has to be the biggest insult to racing ever. not that drifting will support cart but some of you. you guys know nothing of what you speak. {those of you who are open minded please go on.} drifting is SKILL!!!!!BASED!!!!!! if you thing it's just matting the gas then you think NASCAR uses stock cars. it requires more skill then you can even comprehend.
Skill, like proper capitalization, punctuation, and grammer? No need for anger, I was merely highlighting my lack of interest in or knowledge of the sport. At no point did I say that there was a lack of skill involved. If you look carefully, I noted how such activities developed better vehicle control. I also mentioned the low traction hi-jinks that most of us enjoy(ed) to show the appeal of the sport.

If your response is typical of the Drifting crowd, perhaps I have given them too much credit. My apologies for that.
Old 2 Sep 2004, 16:20 (Ref:1084975)   #35
Uesque
Racer

Ukraine
Pittsburgh, PA
Uesque should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gtr69
Not necessaraly..well Honda people maybe, the US seems to be full of Import owners just wanting to be cool.
That would be the p&*ped out Honda Accord that I pass every morning with the big "Made in Japan" written down the side. I know Pittsburghers don't get out much, but Marysville, OH, is a little far from Japan.