Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 16 Oct 2004, 08:06 (Ref:1125781)   #26
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Rob,

You say about more modern engines but that is not always the way to go, many modern engines are totally tied in to compurised systems and are built with economy and immissions in mind where as take my 1953 desugnd Chevrolet small block, you can buy anything you want for it and get an easy 500bhp for less than 4 grand in fact you can buy something brand new with off the shelf from Real STeel with close to 400bhp, can never understand why more people dont give them a go in club racing, the only extra expense is fuel and I recon to get 4 to the gallon rasing and I know some of the real top end Fiestas did not get much more than 8 or 10 so what are we talking about, an extra tenner a meeting.

I think the turbo cars are the real fly in the ointment as they are a bit hard to police. I am surprised that guy gets his Rover going so well as we had a 220 I think it was and some very powerful Maetro turbos and all they were good for was smoking tyres out of bends. I wrote the shell off on the 220 when he just sat on the grid with the wheeels spinning and I had just unleashed about 550bhp to the rear wheels of the Camaro and hit him up the backside. THe camaro's polyeurthene nose deformed in the impact but come the end of the race (I continued) it had all popped it'self out and was left with hardly a scratch where as the poor guy in the 220 had to reshell!
Old 16 Oct 2004, 09:21 (Ref:1125822)   #27
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Gerry the driver of the Rover?? Would have thought it was some sort of oil surge problem through the quick right handers.. through Church he was smoking like a bandit, but it was clearing when he charged up yhe hill towards the chicane.

Williamson was changing down just before Church, but he didn't seem to slow down much!
Old 16 Oct 2004, 17:09 (Ref:1126074)   #28
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Yes thats Gerry he also runs the Racing Saloon Car Club now.
Old 16 Oct 2004, 20:29 (Ref:1126176)   #29
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
topwelshman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where can I find details on the Combe & Toyo series, or are they the same?
Old 16 Oct 2004, 22:21 (Ref:1126239)   #30
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
They are slightly different, here is the Toyo link www.rscc.co.uk
Old 18 Oct 2004, 10:29 (Ref:1127166)   #31
Steve Burns
Racer

United Kingdom
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Steve Burns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Information and regulations for the National Mobile Windscreens Castle Combe Saloon Car Championship can be downloaded at www.brscc.co.uk/championships
Old 22 Oct 2004, 15:46 (Ref:1132095)   #32
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve;why is their an age limit for cars in the combe championship?i know grid levels have been good over the past few years but don't you think the champoinship is really only aimed racers who can afford to to build newer cars,a friend of mine who is on a tight budget was gutted when he found out he could no longer race at combe as his car was out of date?
Old 22 Oct 2004, 17:08 (Ref:1132172)   #33
refoman
Rookie

refoman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cant overtake at quarry??????????

who said you cant overtake at quarry?its a quality place to overtake cos its amazing how many leave the door wide open not expecting it!!!
talking of the prebble/wyatt incident,i was the first car on the scene after they went off as id just been lapped before camp and have to say was a bit unnerving seeing a driver stood nearly on the racing line on the way out,but these things happen i guess in the heat of the moment.

it is kind of a weird thing championship wise where some champs are getting full grids and some are struggling to get to double figures,maybe its about time the organisers get together to try and have a look at the regs to get them closer.i race in the 750mc stock hatch series and we get at least 50 to each round!i only do combe as i only live 30 mins away but am looking into ways of getting my 205 a bit quicker for combe,even if it means bolting some carbs on just for there.then i mite get meself a bit closer to the rest of the class b cars
i just wish it had been wet for the race,got to within a second of the 206gtis from class A in qually and reckon i couldve found that extra time,bearing in mind id never driver combe in the wet and was only my 2nd time out at the circuit

talking of the regs again,the 205 was meant to have finished at end of this year but being as most of class b and a 3rd of class A are 205's there now being allowed till end of 2008
Old 22 Oct 2004, 18:46 (Ref:1132255)   #34
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think the person who posted that reply has never been to combe for a race meeting,quarry and also tower are the best places to overtake by far.Get the exit from camp right ang get the tow up avon rise and its a dive down the inside as mr prebble and mr wyatt found it does not always work,think this chap needs to pay a visit in 2005 he'll be amazed how often the "dive" takes place
Old 23 Oct 2004, 09:15 (Ref:1132743)   #35
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
topwelshman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers, might join you guys next year