Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 24 Oct 2004, 07:44 (Ref:1133468)   #1
oziengineer
Racer

oziengineer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 2004 Should I by It?

I have been thinking about this one for a while, because I am considering switching to playstation. Is this a good game and is it worth it?
Old 24 Oct 2004, 14:27 (Ref:1133864)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, buy it. NOW!
Old 24 Oct 2004, 14:52 (Ref:1133887)   #3
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's alright, but I still think the best modern F1 game about right now is F1C on the PC.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 15:00 (Ref:1133896)   #4
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree completely Down Force. If you've got a PC, F1C and loads of mods, F1 04 can't rival it. So much I'm selling it together with my PS2.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 15:01 (Ref:1133897)   #5
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What about Grand Prix 4?
Old 24 Oct 2004, 15:06 (Ref:1133903)   #6
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
GP4 is supposed to be good, but I haven't played it myself. You could pick it up for a fiver these days.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 15:53 (Ref:1133945)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The combination of GPL and F1C really means that no other racing sim gets a look in for me......
Old 24 Oct 2004, 18:08 (Ref:1134022)   #8
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have GP4 an it's the best F1 game I have ever played.

Much better than f1 2002 also on pc.
Old 25 Oct 2004, 00:00 (Ref:1134377)   #9
KevinS
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
KevinS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On Dutch TV driver Tom Coronel always does a lap of the track F1 is racing that weekend in a 'simulator' with F1 2004.

Just the looks of this game make me not want to try it. It looks like the car is 3~4' wide and the wheels are directly attached to the nose, no suspension.

Usually I'm not a graphics freak, but they at least have to get the shape of the car right.
Old 25 Oct 2004, 07:34 (Ref:1134597)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There has to come a time when they can't get the graphics any better, I'd say. Apart from producing new liveries with the right drivers, there's little or no point to GP3, GP4, GP5, F12003, F12004, F12005...... The mods for these catch up with the drivers and team changes anyway......
Old 25 Oct 2004, 10:54 (Ref:1134812)   #11
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
GP4 is the biggest load of shyte that has ever transcended on to these mortal plains!
I would not want to be seen dead playing this heap of garbage, no chance in hell!

Buy F1C for the PC, it has a much more vivid modding community at places like racesimcentral and such, and on top of it it's a much, MUCH better game than GP4...

I should know, i have both of them...
Old 25 Oct 2004, 12:17 (Ref:1134919)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I can't speak about any of them except for F1C and I don't drive modern F1 cars in that anyway. But its surely worth every penny for Proto C, the McLarens, Turbos and the SCC mods anyway......
Old 25 Oct 2004, 19:01 (Ref:1135496)   #13
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The thing I found about F1 04... the carshapes were lacking badly. In the Spanish version Alonso obviously appears in the cover and the nose of the R24 looks more like a Benetton B200... Also what's with Button's helmet having the Mild Seven stripe 2 years after he's left Renault??
You can fix these if it happens in a computer game, but in a PS2...
Old 25 Oct 2004, 19:06 (Ref:1135500)   #14
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Yeah, and Sato still has his Jordan stripe as well.
Old 25 Oct 2004, 19:56 (Ref:1135567)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's diabolical attention to detail, isn't it?
Old 25 Oct 2004, 23:41 (Ref:1135836)   #16
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Re: F1 2004 Should I by It?

Quote:
Originally posted by oziengineer
I have been thinking about this one for a while, because I am considering switching to playstation. Is this a good game and is it worth it?
If you like arcade games, you will love it. If you like simulators, you wil play it twice, throw it in a draw and wonder what else you could have spent the $80 on like me.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 09:20 (Ref:1136164)   #17
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
That's diabolical attention to detail, isn't it?
It really is, but surely in a sport as detailed as F1, the helmets and the carshapes should be alright, shouldn't they?
Old 26 Oct 2004, 10:31 (Ref:1136239)   #18
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Yeah, you would expect the best from an offical game.

Best thing to do is to get F1C, download the 2004 mod. I give F1 04 a go last night and I suspect that could be the last time I play it for a while.
Old 29 Oct 2004, 18:56 (Ref:1140114)   #19
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to concur that buying F1C and downloading the new '04 mod is the way to go if you want the best sim. The only downside is there isn't a Bahrain circuit and the Shanghai one is still a little patchy.

Also, the vast majority of mods for the game are outstanding - Prototype C and Sportscar Challenge especially.
Old 2 Nov 2004, 21:59 (Ref:1143347)   #20
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I actually like 04. The career mode is exciting and the gameplay is good also.
Old 2 Nov 2004, 22:45 (Ref:1143405)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
But have you tried F1C and the mods......... ?