Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 8 Nov 2004, 09:38 (Ref:1147277)   #1
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VW Beetles

Having not raced for too long (over a month now), I got bored and was wondering whether would it be possible to run one of the old "Big Boys Toys" VW Beetles in the VW Cup. (My first track experience was thrashing my Beetle 'round Oulton Park). If they can make Caddy vans reasonably competitive, an orginal Beetle could be up there. There must be a fair few sitting in barns...
Old 8 Nov 2004, 11:14 (Ref:1147363)   #2
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Theres one on ebay at the moment - cheap too
Old 8 Nov 2004, 14:00 (Ref:1147520)   #3
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How much? (no, no, no - I don't need another race car...)
Old 8 Nov 2004, 19:45 (Ref:1147849)   #4
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I used to do all the race reports/pics for Volksworld mag when the series ran-great it was too! A old Beetle Cup car would be well off the pace for the current VW Cup macines-and would guess the entry fees/series entry fee's would make a fun weekend out not worth thinking about. There must be some race series though where you could have fun at a decent price and with a class where you could run. I would sugest look at the SEMSEC club (Lydden mostly and the odd Brands) or contact Rod Birley who has his fingers on the pulse.
Old 9 Nov 2004, 12:06 (Ref:1148438)   #5
Grahame West
Racer

Scotland
Fife
Grahame West should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about the northern sports and saloons series?

Great variety of cars in there and it'd be great to see a VW bettle in there cahallenging for class wins and the championship.
Old 9 Nov 2004, 12:43 (Ref:1148464)   #6
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Baz how about some vee reports in there?
Old 10 Nov 2004, 00:01 (Ref:1149117)   #7
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
SS...already been done mate! Though must admit I need to talk to the Ed' as an article I did on the Irish Vee drivers this year never seemed to get aired...I'll see what I can do.
Old 10 Nov 2004, 08:47 (Ref:1149272)   #8
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Snapper Baz
There must be some race series though where you could have fun at a decent price and with a class where you could run. I would sugest look at the SEMSEC club (Lydden mostly and the odd Brands) or contact Rod Birley who has his fingers on the pulse.
There were a couple of Beetles that turned up for some of the SEMSEC rounds this year - they were entered in 2 races each if memory serves me right. There's usually a class somewhere in SEMSEC for just about anything to get a race.
Old 11 Nov 2004, 10:02 (Ref:1150196)   #9
Spinner
Racer

Spinner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grahame, I wouldnt mind bringing my Beetle up to race, do you have any more events this year? Oh it is a new one from VW Cup.
Old 13 Nov 2004, 22:14 (Ref:1152719)   #10
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
Upside Down Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget a Beetle once won the SEMSEC Modified Saloon Car Championship. It was 1995 and who was driving.......?

Would love to see more coming out to play. I know Johnny Ace is planning on racing most of 2005 at SEMSEC.
Old 14 Nov 2004, 23:25 (Ref:1153547)   #11
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
I beat the "Ace" at a karting meeting so what does that make me??????
Old 15 Nov 2004, 08:34 (Ref:1153738)   #12
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Herbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Upside Down Bug
Don't forget a Beetle once won the SEMSEC Modified Saloon Car Championship. It was 1995 and who was driving.......?

Would love to see more coming out to play. I know Johnny Ace is planning on racing most of 2005 at SEMSEC.
We are lucky enough over here to have a Herbie replica (#53 of course) racing in historics, goes and handles well!!
Old 15 Nov 2004, 09:33 (Ref:1153767)   #13
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
personally I binned most of the beetle bolted the leftovers to an old Porsche chassis and bing I went Vee racing! (well it was a bit like that anyway)
Old 26 Nov 2004, 20:08 (Ref:1165134)   #14
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best thing for it. Give the body to a bunch of kids with BMX bikes, much better use for it.

Rob.