Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 8 Dec 2004, 18:26 (Ref:1174552)   #1
extreme
Rookie

Canada
Edmonton, AB
extreme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Edmonton Champcar Race Offical Launch

The promoters for the Edmonton Champcar race had their offical launch party yesterday.

Here is an article for the one of the local papers

as well here is a link to the Edmonton Champcar Website

And from everything that i heard on the radio, it was a first class launch. Even Paul Tracy said that it was the best launch party that he had ever been to.

Things are looking good in Edmonton, and tickets are now on sale.
Old 10 Dec 2004, 14:57 (Ref:1176227)   #2
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm really looking forward to this event and since I was planning on taking a trip out west this summer, i'm hoping that I can attend the race.

Old 10 Dec 2004, 16:00 (Ref:1176283)   #3
extreme
Rookie

Canada
Edmonton, AB
Well there is a good part and a bad part for me this year. As you can tell i live in edmonton so that is the great part. The problem that i have is that my sister lives in Vancouver, and was planning on getting married next summer. I was trying to convince her to have her wedding sometime around the molson indy. Now im hoping that she hasnt made plans for that weekend. I really dont want to miss her wedding but i will not miss the race in Edmonton. So heres to hoping that she pickes another weekend.
Old 10 Dec 2004, 16:06 (Ref:1176292)   #4
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme
I really dont want to miss her wedding but i will not miss the race in Edmonton. So heres to hoping that she pickes another weekend.
hahahahaha champcars before a wedding what a suporter of the series !!! well done mate i admire that, fans like you are the reason this championship is still running
Old 10 Dec 2004, 16:24 (Ref:1176312)   #5
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd take a Champ Car race over a wedding any day of the week! Hope things workout for you, extreme.
Old 13 Dec 2004, 20:40 (Ref:1178644)   #6
Cowboy
Racer

Canada
Alberta, Canada
Cowboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can someone explain this to me: I went on the internet to order my tickets from Ticketmaster just like I always did for the Vancouver race but this time when it showed my verification of order there was no SEAT NUMBER. So I did not buy my ticket yet, actually it will turn out to be about 30 tickets thanks to me driving my buddies crazy with stories of the sights, sounds and smells at a live race. So naturally I need some clarity as to where 30 of us are going to sit in the golds.
I even was even in the city this weekend and stopped by Ticketmaster to pose my question only to given an "I don't know" answer.

Has anyone else bought their tickets for the Edmonton race? Did you get assigned a seat number?
Old 13 Dec 2004, 21:18 (Ref:1178689)   #7
extreme
Rookie

Canada
Edmonton, AB
They dont have a confirmed seating arangement yet. So that is why you werent able to get a seat number. What you are getting when you buy a ticket is a priority number from which you will be able to select your ticket. I have not gotten my ticket yet but that is what i have read about it. Once they announce the layout of the track then you should be able to pick your spot. However if you wait until the you might not be able to get good seats. However if you buy them now you will theoritically have the same choice that you would have had today if you were able to get a seat number today.

Hope that helps.. If its not too confusing
Old 14 Dec 2004, 00:02 (Ref:1178807)   #8
Cowboy
Racer

Canada
Alberta, Canada
Cowboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, I'd buy that for a dollar.

Thanks Extreme.
Old 14 Dec 2004, 00:54 (Ref:1178827)   #9
extreme
Rookie

Canada
Edmonton, AB
Then i will be waiting for your chegue in the mail Cowboy =P Your welcome
Old 14 Dec 2004, 21:31 (Ref:1179533)   #10
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
From the CC website:
Quote:
...ticket sales and business interest has exceeded all forecasts in the first weeks of availability. Event sales began less than one week ago and the phones have been ringing off the hook ever since the December 7 launch.

"The response has been absolutely beyond our wildest imagination," said Edmonton Grand Prix General Manager Greg MacDonald. "We had 40 suites forecast in our original budget but we will have 80 sold by next week. Ticket sales have been great and we haven't even started selling general admission passes yet. The three-day ticket packages have been flying out of here."

Race organizers will have grandstands to seat 48,000 fans erected around the City Center Airport layout. The track layout has been designed with those seats in mind, providing fans with the ability to see as much as 95 percent of the action at any time.
Old 14 Dec 2004, 23:09 (Ref:1179602)   #11
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well this is better tyhan i expected- no hoope for Vancouver as well?
oh laguna oh Road America
as someone pointed out that champcar may go to france, it is best it does make it self the Open wheel of americas and go from Juneau to Tierra del Fuego, then worry about the rest.
although Spa and Surfers....