Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Dec 2004, 23:21 (Ref:1175753)   #76
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen

Just for the record Red Bull offered AD a 2 year race contract, but as with Williams it was unacceptable to BAR and subsequently (after the first testing session without AD) to Honda too.
So maybe he shouldn't have signed such a restrictive contract with BAR/Honda in the first place?
It seems to be coming back to bite him now at every opportuntity..(from an outsiders view)
Old 10 Dec 2004, 00:23 (Ref:1175792)   #77
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BAR Honda are protectin their investment. However, neither partner seems too concerned about what Ant wants. Rennen made it obvious that we dont know the whole story but I still think it sucks. I support Honda but I just dont like the politics. I am sure any other team would have done the same but it still does not make it right.

I think the team owes him big. Hopefully for his sake it works out in his best interest; a race seat and a shot at the WDC.
Old 11 Dec 2004, 10:49 (Ref:1176902)   #78
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Keeping any driver to test when that driver can get a seat in another top team is the typical dog in the manger attitude. Hs this ever happened to any other race driver in F1? I think not, but maybe someone can let me know.

Well Rennen, if you can't post the story here, maybe you could pm me. I just feel really frustrated and dejected about all this.
Old 12 Dec 2004, 06:18 (Ref:1177412)   #79
oziengineer
Racer

oziengineer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This really sux. First they say they will let him go if he has a chance of a full time drive, then the BAR bogans block him. Davo is an awesome driver, so maybe they realise losing him to the likes of williams would be a big blow.
Old 20 Dec 2004, 07:58 (Ref:1183646)   #80
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Davidson can leave BAR of his own free will if they cannot provide him with a drive in 2006.
Old 20 Dec 2004, 11:46 (Ref:1183824)   #81
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85
Davidson can leave BAR of his own free will if they cannot provide him with a drive in 2006.
And I suppose Frank Williams will kick Nick Heidfeld out of his team to give the Ant a drive? Let's face the facts: the Ant has missed the chance of a lifetime through BAR/Honda's intransigience.

In fact, if Nick can prove himself, there will probably be no offer on the plate at Williams for Bunsen either. This is the once in a lifetime chance for Nick, and he should grasp it with both hands.
Old 21 Dec 2004, 13:03 (Ref:1184945)   #82
muzza4ever
Racer

England
Grim up North, UK
muzza4ever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
In fact, if Nick can prove himself, there will probably be no offer on the plate at Williams for Bunsen either. This is the once in a lifetime chance for Nick, and he should grasp it with both hands.
But as we've seen with Jenson already this year a contract is a contract and BAR are certainly all about ensuring drivers stick to them.

I think it would be silly for F1 to go down the football route where a contract isn't worth the paper it's written on, but I suppose Ant has been caught out by a bad confluence of events what with DR been ousted and Honda coming in.

This really is a shame but another year's testing is all the more practice, scant consolation I know but at least he is still in F1.
Old 21 Dec 2004, 13:05 (Ref:1184947)   #83
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think NH is a perfect tester for Team Willy...If a seat doesn't become vacant at BAR in 2006, who in F1 will remember ADs 2004 Friday performances!?...No one is my forlorn view...what a waste of a racer!

'Valve' email me your address via Ants web-site if you want a copy of Ants 'Road to F1' DVD.
Old 21 Dec 2004, 13:51 (Ref:1184996)   #84
muzza4ever
Racer

England
Grim up North, UK
muzza4ever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh Of course BAR cant run 3 cars this year can they? Forgot about that.

Oh dear I hope Ant finds something but agree Rennen it could well be the first and last shot at a race seat in 2006. Truly a waste.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 10:26 (Ref:1185738)   #85
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
The only way that I can see the Ant getting a decent race drive next year is if Honda fired Sato, and that is as likely as Japan would stop hunting whales.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 16:58 (Ref:1186038)   #86
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Heresy I know...but I'm pinning my hopes on that without the advantage of a Friday driver to help dial the race cars in next year, JB won't be within the performance clause in his contract and will want to leave at the end of the year to pastures new (or should that read greener?) hehe!
Old 22 Dec 2004, 21:33 (Ref:1186263)   #87
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
There is some light at the end of the tunnel. There is a possibility that DC might retire at the end of the year, and hope upon hope that SchM would also retire. That would free up a couple of seats in the teams and the Ant might make it as a race driver somewhere.
Quite honestly, I cannot see Nick doing so badly that Williams will fire him after next year. I don't think Pizzonia will be racing next year.
Old 23 Dec 2004, 09:52 (Ref:1186591)   #88
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Heresy I know...but I'm pinning my hopes on that without the advantage of a Friday driver to help dial the race cars in next year, JB won't be within the performance clause in his contract and will want to leave at the end of the year to pastures new (or should that read greener?) hehe!
Ah come on Rennen - nobody doubts the quality of the job that Ant did in 2004, but what you're saying there is part-way to suggesting that Jenson's achievement was all down to your boy - which is stretching things more than slightly! If Sato had been anywhere close then what you say would follow a little more sensibly.
Old 23 Dec 2004, 20:07 (Ref:1187012)   #89
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
Ah come on Rennen - nobody doubts the quality of the job that Ant did in 2004, but what you're saying there is part-way to suggesting that Jenson's achievement was all down to your boy - which is stretching things more than slightly! If Sato had been anywhere close then what you say would follow a little more sensibly.
Maybe its not all down to Ants driving but if Ant was not that essential to the team they would have let him go. Obviously there is something he has that they want to capitalize on. I feel if Sato is not pulling his weight this year he will be gone. Honda is in F1 to win. I know they try to push Japanese talent but they also will remove sub par racers. Sato was outclassed by JB last year. Yes, he is more exciting but that is not enough. Maybe its Brazil that has clouded my memory but he did not seem special.
Old 23 Dec 2004, 20:16 (Ref:1187015)   #90
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I cant believe that Honda would want to make themselves so unpopular. Do u think this will deter drivers from wanting to join the team as they may not be allowed to leave unless they are not wanted and or needed. I think its a terrible blow for Ant. But as they say. Thats racing!
Old 23 Dec 2004, 20:26 (Ref:1187022)   #91
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Fielden
I cant believe that Honda would want to make themselves so unpopular

I dont believe this is something any other team would not do. Williams are trying to get their #1 driver and their (future) driver too! Again, we don't know the whole story. Ant is the loser in the equation though. All racers want to do is race. It must be just heartbreaking, but as I said previously, they owe him big. I wonder what they told Ant, or what they promised him? I mean really, he seems to be taking things as they come and not complaining too much. It could be him being PC or maybe he knows something we dont!

F1 is a never ending soap opera... sex, lies and videotapes.
Old 24 Dec 2004, 01:29 (Ref:1187180)   #92
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilap
I dont believe this is something any other team would not do. F1 is a never ending soap opera... sex, lies and videotapes.
Well, I have never come across any team that has refused to let their test driver race for another team. Has anyone else here seen this before?
Old 24 Dec 2004, 02:09 (Ref:1187200)   #93
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Wasn't the issue that Williams wanted to have an option on AD for 2006 that if BAR didn't want him back, then they had first call on his services?
Old 24 Dec 2004, 11:15 (Ref:1187349)   #94
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't believe people are still talking about this...No team wanted to train AD for 2005, only to give him back to BAR, match fit, in 2006. Honda wouldn't give up their investment so thats the end of it.
Davidson hasn't been "hard done by". he signed the contract in the first place.
What else is there to say?
Old 24 Dec 2004, 13:34 (Ref:1187446)   #95
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Full of the Christmas spirit again I see JR! Hahahaha!
Old 24 Dec 2004, 18:48 (Ref:1187589)   #96
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
Quote:
Full of the Christmas spirit again I see JR! Hahahaha!
Bah! Humbug!!

Merry Christmas Rennen...and the rest of you!

Joe
Old 25 Dec 2004, 08:26 (Ref:1187763)   #97
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe rossi
Bah! Humbug!!

Joe
I don't think you're supposed to brag about yourself !!