Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Apr 2005, 22:35 (Ref:1273726)   #1
cat1
Rookie

cat1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
help!!

I need an idiot proof guide to fia gt! I'm an avid F1 and DTM fan but my latest boyfriend is an fia gt freak and I haven't a clue what its about. Can anyone help me....pleeeeeeeeeeease??
Old 8 Apr 2005, 23:00 (Ref:1273736)   #2
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You've come to the right place! Is there any in depth guides to the championship?

Quick guide - It's more exciting than F1 and more exotic than DTM. It's not about sprints or number of laps - it's about distance covered within a given time. The cars are basically 2-door supercars, big loud brutal GT cars which are probably kinda expensive!

GT's are split up into 3 classes - GT1 for the biggest and fastest, usually around 600bhp or so, for example Saleen S7 or Maserati MC12, but they generally remain not a million miles away from their road-going models. For GT2 it's around 450bhp, and it's nearer to it's road-going counterpart, for cars like Ferrari 360 and Porsche 911. Then there's GT3, which is mainly only in national championships, particularly British GT, and they're very similar to road going models, like Lotus Elise and Vauxhall VX220 etc.

Other quick stuff is that FIA GT races are either 3 hours or 500km - which ever occurs first (but I've never known 3 hours go so dam quickly!).

There's a heck of a lot more to it but I hope I've generally covered the very basics alright. But there's people with infitely more knowledge about the subject than myself in this forum who could help with any particular details!
Old 9 Apr 2005, 04:19 (Ref:1273785)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
The FIA-GT website could help too...
Old 9 Apr 2005, 06:30 (Ref:1273800)   #4
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
playing GTR might help too .
you can also try this book. http://www.fiagt.com/newsitem.php?key=536

you'll learn much about it just by watching it . hope you have Eurosport 2

Last edited by Dani Filth; 9 Apr 2005 at 06:31.

Ciao Marco