Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 May 2005, 04:27 (Ref:1303424)   #1
FPRXR-6
Racer

FPRXR-6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Radisich joins Morris for enduros

In MNs it says that Paul Radisich and Paul Morris will both drive the #67 Sirromet Commodore in the enduros.
Alan Gurr and and John McIntyre will team up in the TKR car.
Old 18 May 2005, 05:45 (Ref:1303439)   #2
jaytor
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
jaytor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We all know who will carry that car across the line......the Rat
Old 18 May 2005, 06:18 (Ref:1303448)   #3
hrt_rulz01
Racer

Australia
Australia
hrt_rulz01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
god help radisich if he crashes! morris will be all over him like a rash!
Old 18 May 2005, 06:24 (Ref:1303453)   #4
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So when does Mr Gurr change his nationality?

Johnny Mac is a good pick up. If he drives the TKR thing nearly as well as he the Tracer BA, then that car would be half a shot at a top 10.
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 18 May 2005, 09:27 (Ref:1303583)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hmm.. anyone would think this is similar to what I have been saying all year.....

Sadly we can only give MN a 75% mark for their work on this occassion... a Kiwi is certainly leading the driving talent in the #021 car... his name is John... but its John Faulkner, not John McIntyre.....

Youth and experience for the TKR franchise, the tortoise to the #67 Sirromet car's hare....

With full house Draper engines aboard come Bathurst, this should be a feared combination
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 18 May 2005, 09:52 (Ref:1303600)   #6
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So Johnny MacIntyre misses out on a Bathurst drive from WPS, then gets mis-linked to TKR......?
Old 18 May 2005, 09:58 (Ref:1303604)   #7
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Youth and experience for the TKR franchise, the tortoise to the #67 Sirromet car's hare....

Ummm, without being too rude, you might have your hares and tortoises a wee bit confuddled just looking at the points situation.....

Oh well, all is well in the land of smoke, mirrors, and Diet Coke
Old 18 May 2005, 10:02 (Ref:1303609)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The driver pairings are the tortoise and hare analogy...

Mr Faulkner & Mr Gurr will take the conservative approach (the tortoise), Mr Radisich and Mr Morris will be the gun car... (the hare)

The 2 chassis are identical, built mere weeks apart from one another.. so whichever one the teams choose to place the hares in, it will be quick enough to be more than competitive....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 18 May 2005, 10:43 (Ref:1303630)   #9
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think both cars will be somewhere in the top 10 or 15 all day.

Having spent some time with Alan Gurr a year ago, I hope he does well. He's a genuine nice guy and I think he'd be a good talent to foster for a permanent drive in a top team.
Old 18 May 2005, 22:50 (Ref:1304154)   #10
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the Mr Falkner is true it is a sad for TKR as it would have been good to let some one drive that has been racing in Nz like a Mr Booth or some one from the NZV8 championship or evan a young up and comer from the toyota series even Matt Haliday who has shown he is quick
Old 19 May 2005, 03:08 (Ref:1304227)   #11
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck
If the Mr Falkner is true it is a sad for TKR as it would have been good to let some one drive that has been racing in Nz like a Mr Booth or some one from the NZV8 championship or evan a young up and comer from the toyota series even Matt Haliday who has shown he is quick
How short some of your guys memories are both McIntyre and Booth had been provided the opportunity to work their way up to the fulltime supercar drive with TKR yet both Booth and McIntyre shot themselves in the foot. McIntyre was provided his first ever fulltime drive by TKR after several years of doing only one off events due to a lack of funds, he was employed fulltime by the team to provide him an income and he was also provided with his first ever V8 Supercar drive with TKR at the Queensland 500 yet McIntyre demanded more money from the team. As for Booth TKR provided him with his first NZV8 touring car championship win, he then decided to join another team ending his chances of further Supercar opportunities within Team Kiwi Racing. if either Booth or McIntyre had shown the same commitment to the team as the team had to them they would have been in the ideal position to be driving fulltime this year in the Supercar as when Bairdo left TKR for WPS TKR had no other driver lined up as Bairdos decision was out of the blue. As for providing the opportunity for an up and coming driver from the Toyota Series I think you are misunderstanding how much of a jump V8 Supercars are compared to even the NZV8 Touring Cars are despite who the driver is.
Old 19 May 2005, 04:21 (Ref:1304243)   #12
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I presume that they will race the sirromet car. How do the TKR sponsers fel about this? Will they have some signage from each camp on each car?
The ambrose/ingall comination had problems here due to sponsers requirements and they are in the same team.
How do the TKR and PMM teams get around this?
If the PMM car finishes high up the order and gets alot of TV coverge, will the TKR sponsers feel they had value for money?
Old 19 May 2005, 04:37 (Ref:1304244)   #13
flyingduck
Veteran

Evo I think you are wrong how may times have we seen the Aussie Formula Ford champion thrown in a car at bathurst and done very well. There is so much talent in New Zealand now why are you going for an ex pat as the only Kiwi Driver on the Team. Is this showing us what your NZV8 team is going to look like. Both these driver have money is that what it take or is it talent. Evo I understand the McIntyre story as he wasn't happy in the merchandise tent and maybe boothy let you down but what about Henshaw or any other top driver I have supported team Kiwi this year as I have been a patch fan from back in the 80's but I won't support Faulkner and Gurr both part part time driver with little or no Nz history.
Old 19 May 2005, 04:40 (Ref:1304247)   #14
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood
I presume that they will race the sirromet car. How do the TKR sponsers fel about this? Will they have some signage from each camp on each car?
The ambrose/ingall comination had problems here due to sponsers requirements and they are in the same team.
How do the TKR and PMM teams get around this?
If the PMM car finishes high up the order and gets alot of TV coverge, will the TKR sponsers feel they had value for money?
I don't believe I have confirmed or denied the driver combos Has anyone seen a press release? No? Thats because there hasn't been one.
Old 19 May 2005, 04:45 (Ref:1304249)   #15
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Evo I think you are wrong how may times have we seen the Aussie Formula Ford champion thrown in a car at bathurst and done very well. There is so much talent in New Zealand now why are you going for an ex pat as the only Kiwi Driver on the Team. Is this showing us what your NZV8 team is going to look like. Both these driver have money is that what it take or is it talent. Evo I understand the McIntyre story as he wasn't happy in the merchandise tent and maybe boothy let you down but what about Henshaw or any other top driver I have supported team Kiwi this year as I have been a patch fan from back in the 80's but I won't support Faulkner and Gurr both part part time driver with little or no Nz history.
I repeat I don't believe that I have confirmed or denied for that matter the drivers for the enduros. So its a moot point until it is announced.
Old 19 May 2005, 04:49 (Ref:1304250)   #16
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would appear a few of us, me included, have overlooked the fact that this has not been formally annouced.
I will repost my question if the annoucement confirms what we have been led to believe.
Old 19 May 2005, 04:50 (Ref:1304251)   #17
flyingduck
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evomike
How short some of your guys memories are both McIntyre and Booth had been provided the opportunity to work their way up to the fulltime supercar drive with TKR yet both Booth and McIntyre shot themselves in the foot. McIntyre was provided his first ever fulltime drive by TKR after several years of doing only one off events due to a lack of funds, he was employed fulltime by the team to provide him an income and he was also provided with his first ever V8 Supercar drive with TKR at the Queensland 500 yet McIntyre demanded more money from the team. As for Booth TKR provided him with his first NZV8 touring car championship win, he then decided to join another team ending his chances of further Supercar opportunities within Team Kiwi Racing. if either Booth or McIntyre had shown the same commitment to the team as the team had to them they would have been in the ideal position to be driving fulltime this year in the Supercar as when Bairdo left TKR for WPS TKR had no other driver lined up as Bairdos decision was out of the blue. As for providing the opportunity for an up and coming driver from the Toyota Series I think you are misunderstanding how much of a jump V8 Supercars are compared to even the NZV8 Touring Cars are despite who the driver is.
Evo I was merly responding to your above quote and now you seem to be tell us that nothing is confirmed you have told us above it won't be a Toyota driver or booth or McIntyre I know you have some inside knowledge but surely you can still debate the different possible drivers with out confirming anything or was the points I and blue blood made a little to sharp for you
Old 19 May 2005, 05:15 (Ref:1304257)   #18
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dunno, maybe it's a bit precious but the it's the big show for V8's and I guess it's the one time a year when a lot of "part time" V8 fans tune in.. having a couple of no-name Aussies in the car just kills the vibe a little.

I guess if it's a money thing then what better way to pay for a chunck of the season.. fair call (if it does indeed go that way).

Otherwise, I was thinking why (if they are teaming up) Morris and Radisich wouldn;t use the TKR car? Surely TKR are the team with the greater sponsor commitments? Or maybe that's part of the Morris/TKR partnership deal?
Old 19 May 2005, 05:21 (Ref:1304260)   #19
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There is so much talent in New Zealand now why are you going for an ex pat as the only Kiwi Driver on the Team. Is this showing us what your NZV8 team is going to look like. .

flyingduck, with the exception of the top four place getters in the NZV8 championship, the 'so much talent' you are talking about in NZ just isn't there.
The close racing that we get further down the field, is only because they are ALL average or below by international standards. Only the top four stand out as possiblities to move up.

As for getting drivers from the Toyota series to jump straight into a Supercar, no way.

Brent Collins may have stood out on that series (and a couple of others, maybe) but to go from that to Bathurst seems a little unrealistic don't you think considering TKR have a real chance of a top placing.

The keen money would surely be on John McIntyre.
His drive last year at Bathurst in that s**tbox WPS thing was outstanding.
Old 19 May 2005, 05:38 (Ref:1304273)   #20
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland

I've just had a horrible thought...Considering that Evo hasn't ruled out Johnny Mac for the drive, (or anyone else) and if he did get it, would this mean that Johnny is going to leave the Ford camp in the NZV8 touring cars and return to TKR.
As a Ford fan I hope not.
Old 19 May 2005, 06:05 (Ref:1304286)   #21
flyingduck
Veteran

Well Winterbottom Whincup and Adam Macrow came straight from formula ford into it 911 and I would say they did well. So why could toyota drivers not step up
Old 19 May 2005, 06:12 (Ref:1304293)   #22
flyingduck
Veteran

I forgot to mention that Rick Kelly drove for HYL after driving in Formula holden do you rate that as a better series than our toyota series 911. I understand not putting a driver in if it was a top car but the TKR car seems to be a 2nd car this year with 2nd tier drivers why not give the up and commers a go. Look who was in the series not just brent collins you had wade cunningham, chris pither, andy knight, tim edgell, daniel Guant a few of these drivers are being thrown up for the A2 series and you don't think they are good enough for bathurst in a second tier car you must be joking.
Old 19 May 2005, 07:28 (Ref:1304319)   #23
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911
I've just had a horrible thought...Considering that Evo hasn't ruled out Johnny Mac for the drive, (or anyone else) and if he did get it, would this mean that Johnny is going to leave the Ford camp in the NZV8 touring cars and return to TKR.
As a Ford fan I hope not.
Hes out
Old 19 May 2005, 07:36 (Ref:1304324)   #24
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Just got off the phone from an overseas call and we all might get a surprise who TKR have actually been in discussions with for the enduros.

Second tier car or driver combination, I do not think so!!!!!!!.
Old 19 May 2005, 07:45 (Ref:1304330)   #25
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
The drivers you mention , Winterbottom, Whincup, Adam Macrow, had at least driven on Australian tracks before moving up.
"Formula holden do you rate that as a better series than our toyota series 911" the answer to that is yes.
If I were an up coming driver, I wouldn't be wasting my time in NZ doing the Toyota series.
I'd be in Australia learning all the tracks in either a formula ford or formula holden. (or what ever they call it this week) while trying to catch the eye of a supercar team
No Supercar team is going to give a drive to someone that hasn't competed in a few of the local races on Australia soil without being some kind of exceptional talent
Look at Cameron Mclean when he came out to NZ last month to compete in our NZV8 championship. He's an extremely good driver, but changing formula's and without local knowledge,he turned out to be just average.
Still, he was better than 80% of our drivers even though he was in unfamilar surroundings.
Lastly, NO, I don't think Wade Cunningham, Chris Pither, Andy Knight, Tim Edgell, Daniel Guant, and a few others are anywhere near good enough to drive a second tier car at Bathurst. (or a third tier car for that matter)
If you think they are, then YOU must be the one joking.
Not one of the names you mention will ever be close to getting the A1 seat.
If they do I'll eat my hair.