Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jun 2005, 20:03 (Ref:1335017)   #51
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
Should he put on a pair of antlers and announce "when I'm wearing antlers, I'm joking, but when I'm not, I'm not"???
For the sake of this thread, yes
Old 20 Jun 2005, 20:12 (Ref:1335032)   #52
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Xpunk75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dude Relax you Crazy Brit

Look even if that comment about the "Women are Appliances" was a joke he still said that a Women could never make it F1 which I don't agree with at all, and even if it's True he shouldn't have said it or the joke. As the president of Commerical Side F1 when you in public you need to handle yourself with dignity not a Large EGOED Pompus Rich British Ass. (It's Just polite.) He new she had alot of fans their and he purposely said it cause he is an ******* and anyone who doesn't think he and Max Mosley are *******s who are ruining F1 and their image then your living under a rock or hiding you head in the sand.

I for one cannot wait till he and Mosley are long gone and out of the way for some new people to run this sport the correct way.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 20:36 (Ref:1335060)   #53
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It wasn't very clever

That's basically it, IMO. Stop the idiotic trans atlantic bickering boys. Don't defend it as a british sense of humour, as that's an insult to a long tradfition of clever and funny british comedians.

It was dumb.
I don't know what he was thinking....
He probably doesn't care.

Lead balloon of a joke Bern...
Old 20 Jun 2005, 20:55 (Ref:1335089)   #54
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpunk75
Look even if that comment about the "Women are Appliances" was a joke he still said that a Women could never make it F1 which I don't agree with at all, and even if it's True he shouldn't have said it or the joke.
Where did he say that? Actually SAY it, not journalistic spin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpunk75
As the president of Commerical Side F1 when you in public you need to handle yourself with dignity not a Large EGOED Pompus Rich British Ass.
Bernie has been accused of many things, racist (OK, only on this thread), sexist, Mr Big behind the Great Train Robbery, politically incorrect, biased. He has never been accused of pomposity.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 21:18 (Ref:1335112)   #55
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejester
It wasn't very clever

That's basically it, IMO. Stop the idiotic trans atlantic bickering boys. Don't defend it as a british sense of humour, as that's an insult to a long tradfition of clever and funny british comedians.

It was dumb.
I don't know what he was thinking....
He probably doesn't care.

Lead balloon of a joke Bern...
Nice post jester-I think you're right.
What's the point in arguing anyway? It's not like _this_ comment cost thousands of fans their tickets or anything like that....
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 20 Jun 2005, 22:40 (Ref:1335226)   #56
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well-said, Xpunk.

The huge divide between Britons on Americans is very odd. Virtually every American in this thread thinks his comment was not positive while virtually every Briton in this thread is defending him. The lone Canadian in this thread also sided with the position Americans have embraced. Is there really so much of a difference between Britain and the US, and probably also Canada, on such issues? I was surprised to see such a gulf on this and such unanimity between the two sides on this Can we have outside parties intervene and decide the matter?
Old 20 Jun 2005, 23:18 (Ref:1335277)   #57
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Dutch chap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleneuveTracy
Can we have outside parties intervene and decide the matter?
OK, you asked for it. So here’s my vote from Holland. You know Holland? Must be like Sodom or Gomorra for you.

I think you and others who seem to share your feelings are way over the top of being hysterical PC. Just imagine this: because of the simple fact that EVERYONE in Western Europe knows, not feels but KNOWS, that apart from the physical difference between men and women there is no other difference and therefore accepts these remarks as humorous. When someone makes these kinds of remarks we know he’s joking and don’t have to question that. No reason to get hysterical about it. It was a joke. May not be a good joke, you may not like the joke, but fact remains that it was a joke.

BTW good luck with your economy, your healthcare, your abortion numbers, your education level and your foreign policies.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 23:28 (Ref:1335286)   #58
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I think it's ridiculous that this thread has gone this political.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 23:31 (Ref:1335290)   #59
nkh
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
nkh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well, this is the F1 forum afterall
Old 20 Jun 2005, 23:34 (Ref:1335295)   #60
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Quote:
Suppose you are right and I should not have posted that last line, but hey, he asked for it.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 23:41 (Ref:1335303)   #61
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
You know Holland? Must be like Sodom or Gomorra for you.
No, I am a progressive (liberal) Democrat.

Quote:
because of the simple fact that EVERYONE in Western Europe knows, not feels but KNOWS, that apart from the physical difference between men and women there is no other difference and therefore accepts these remarks as humorous.
Do you believe there is zero, or virtually no, sexism in Western Europe? It exists everywhere, only to varying degrees. It is significant in every country, and is reflected in the disproportinately small percentage of women holding elected and appointed government posts, leadership positions in large corporations, their representation among the "professions," etc. Like the famous song says, we've come a long way but we still have a long way to go to eliminate sexism.

Quote:
good luck with your economy, your healthcare, your abortion numbers, your education level and your foreign policies.
Thanks, with total Republican rule we will need it.

nkh

Quote:
Suppose you are right and I should not have posted that last line, but hey, he asked for it.
It was a Briton who invoked the nation card, not me. I merely responded. Moreover, I didn't call an entire country increasingly dumb and was very diplomatic in my response.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 23:58 (Ref:1335312)   #62
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleneuveTracy
No, I am a progressive (liberal) Democrat.

I suppose you'd still be considered right wing over here, but OK, let's leave that.
Do you believe there is zero, or virtually no, sexism in Western Europe? It exists everywhere, only to varying degrees. It is significant in every country, and is reflected in the disproportinately small percentage of women holding elected and appointed government posts, leadership positions in large corporations, their representation among the "professions," etc. Like the famous song says, we've come a long way but we still have a long way to go to eliminate sexism.

OK, I was exeterating (bad spelling I think, sorry) and speaking more or less for, let's say, the UK, Holland, Belgium, the Scandinavian countries and Germany. You'll find no disproportinal differences there; that's my point. You may be right when we look at the southern European countries.

Thanks, with total Republican rule we will need it.

nkh

And good luck to you!

It was a Briton who invoked the nation card, not me. I merely responded. Moreover, I didn't call an entire country increasingly dumb and was very diplomatic in my response.
Ah, but it was you who started with this 'superior' economic thing.
Will meet you in Parc Fermé when you're ready (just another 30 posts or so). Better skip this going off topic in the F1 forum.

It's 2 in the morning here, so I'm off now.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 00:10 (Ref:1335318)   #63
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
This thread has lost its way. Parc Ferme is a good place for a discussion of this type. Closed