Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 6 Oct 2005, 17:39 (Ref:1425550)   #1
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anybody tried...........

any body tried,
total imersion racing
rally fuision
monaco gp racing simulation
stuntman?
Old 6 Oct 2005, 20:03 (Ref:1425680)   #2
Paul V
Racer

Paul V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got TIR, it is graphically quite good, but the gameplay is a little lacking.
The x-factor in this game is the addition of rivalries - if you annoy the other drivers then they 'retaliate' in the next races.
You get to try-out for teams at the end of the season.
Sound effects are good.
Old 7 Oct 2005, 07:02 (Ref:1426059)   #3
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
handling is terrile
Old 7 Oct 2005, 14:04 (Ref:1426483)   #4
Grandprix
Rookie

Grandprix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've played Stuntman. It's okay, nothing really outstanding. There are a few glitchy bits that makes getting 100% in each movie difficult. A couple of the film levels are good fun but I'd say the majority are more frustrating than enjoyable.

Once you finish it, there isn't much replay value but seeing as you could probably pick it up dirt cheap now, it might be worth a look.
Old 7 Oct 2005, 18:37 (Ref:1426725)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rally Fusion is very good. Not the most realistic game, but damn good fun.
Old 7 Oct 2005, 19:54 (Ref:1426782)   #6
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have stuntman, it's okay but get's rather frustrating after a while of trying to get the harder scenes right, then just don't bother anymore...
Old 8 Oct 2005, 00:27 (Ref:1426892)   #7
Markules
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Markules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Rally Fusion is very good. Not the most realistic game, but damn good fun.
Yup, agreed - a much underrated little title that, and the only one of the list I'd *really* recommend.

The others are ok, but there's nothing there that other titles haven't done considerably better.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 19:53 (Ref:1427584)   #8
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least Total Immersion Racing had the panoz GTR batmobiles
Old 8 Oct 2005, 20:30 (Ref:1427602)   #9
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've always liked the look of Total Imersion racing, never tried it though, also GTR.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 01:19 (Ref:1428947)   #10
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stuntman - I agree with what's been said before, very amusing for a few days, then gets frustrating and too hard to be bothered with. Worth a rent.

TIR - I actually quite enjoyed this. Although it was a bit easy to complete. Definitely try.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 17:44 (Ref:1429845)   #11
P.Cummins
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
P.Cummins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Total Immersion Racing - Graphics are ok. Handling isn't great but can be a bit of fun. Car selection is quite good with different classes too. Sounds aren't great and your pit manager has a very annoying accent although the way that you can progress up a ladder in your career is quite enjoyable and the drivers emotion feature isn't bad either. Its very cheap these days and worth a buy for a bit of time passing. Its very easy though

Rally Fuision - I hate the handling. The game itself is similiar to the old Rally Masters title. The graphics are very cartoony and the game is very arcadey. The navigator is an annoying ponce! Its very cheap but I wouldn't reccomend it, even if they do have a nice selection of cars (ie Opel Manta).

Monaco GP Racing Simulation - I played a demo of this. There is nothing on offer from this game. Boring handling and its really "Just another game". Nothing appealing.

Stuntman - As said before, it can be a bit of fun at the start. And theres something nice about the handling in this game. The stunts are actually well put out but as you keep failing, it gets frustrating and the more frustrated you get, you just keep doing worse. Thats what happened to me somewhere in the middle of the game where you have to play a part in a race through India. Your driving a little taxi/cart thingymabob. They are fun to drive but you get p*ssed off after a while.