Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Sep 2005, 22:34 (Ref:1414367)   #376
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
laser: CAMS sanctioned championship is then the assumption in that statement is it not?
Old 22 Sep 2005, 22:46 (Ref:1414371)   #377
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally, the penny has dropped after two pages of hot air.

There's nothing wrong with AMRS running as a AASA event. Most people probably wouldn't no the diff and even fewer really care.

But what becomes of F3 and the Aust. GT Championship? Form their own series ala Brit F3/GT?

Stranger things have happened........
Old 22 Sep 2005, 22:49 (Ref:1414372)   #378
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hml2777
There is no reason why they can't run under AASA, I am sure AASA won't turn them away. It is about racing in case anyone has forgotten.
CAMS have already made it quite plain via their mouthpiece in Victoria, Gary Grant, that they will have nothing to do with AASA - let's face it, CAMS have even gone to the extraordinary lengths of trying to tell competitors and officials that their CAMS licences are not able to be used at a race meeting held under any other authority thatn CAMS (which is not true and, if CAMS attempt to sanction anyone from having used their licence at a AASA event, will find the ACCC already has the paperwork ready for filing in court).
Old 23 Sep 2005, 01:46 (Ref:1414436)   #379
roger ward
Rookie

roger ward should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kerri ,

if the categories and CAMS could leave ego at home and all parties worked in the interest of the sport and get some stability into it we all be happy After all the boys just want to go racing .Laser is right there is more to come .
Old 23 Sep 2005, 03:18 (Ref:1414467)   #380
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
This will be extroadinarily divisive. It's easy for TCC and F4000 to jump to AASA, the former is unloved by CAMS, and the latter is so struggling for air that any change is worthwhile exploring.

Everyone else however... and these are my predictions only

I can't see Sports Sedans jumping ship, there are too many cars at State level in non-AASA states that would be effectively abandoned, that and Thunder split of the mid 90s which advantaged nobody in the end, will have taught the absolute folly of splitting a cateogry in half. And if that isn't lesson enough look at CART/IRL.

A production sports car series could easily happen after how shabbily treated the Tattersals series was this year with CAMS forcing series organisers 'though shalt not have a series title', which was one of the most pointlessly self interested decisions seen in some time.

Commodore Cup could shift - it's largely been its own ship now for a good long time. Saloon Cars will not, having worked so long for their national title to throw it away at the first hurdle. Production Cars are unlikely to shift either. Porsche Drivers Challenge probably would not having seen the GT series join themselves to the Porsches at the hip to survive.

Advertising Historics? What a rival to the Biante Series? There is some overflow from the grid limited Biante Series, but not a whole grids worth. If it's not a Group N style series, and is historics of all classes then it smacks of 'please come and race with us and help us fill up some numbers!', and I shudder and what cars might be asked to run together because of safety issues.

I have heard unconfirmed rumblings of massive cost increases for CAMS 2006 plans over the organisational costs of 2005 for AMRS. If this can be curbed then CAMS can take the wind out of AASAs plans almost in an instant.

But that's just me.
Old 23 Sep 2005, 03:40 (Ref:1414484)   #381
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
One of the initial CAMS costs the AMRS were slugged with was the CAMS insitence on a National Series title and therefore an almost three-fold increase in the permit fees for each event in the series.

Some may have noticed that the AMRS in 2005 was a two day event - one of the biggest problems this year was F3's insistence on being officially timed on Friday's, thus turning (or attempting to) the event from a two to a three day meeting. The AMRS directors basically flatly refused to pay for any additional permit fee because of this leaving the costs to be borne by F3.

Whether CAMS have pushed this as an issue for 2006 isn't currently know - although you would have to say this is the way CAMS normally work - offer a cheap fee to start off with and then gradually bung it up over the next few seasons citing 'workloads' needed to cater for the series.

It has worked in the past with them - no reason they wouldn't be trying it again.
Old 23 Sep 2005, 06:13 (Ref:1414516)   #382
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seeing a separate thread has been started for the AMRS going to AASA maybe we should leave this thread to discussing the 2005 AMRS.

Gee I'm sounding like a moderator, better stop doing that....
Old 23 Sep 2005, 06:53 (Ref:1414525)   #383
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
You can add anothier title to your already impressive list then? But yes - that was why I started the other thread as it pertains to 2006 onwards.
Old 23 Sep 2005, 07:09 (Ref:1414531)   #384
Silent Number
Racer

Silent Number should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
everybody pak up an move NOW
Old 23 Sep 2005, 08:18 (Ref:1414571)   #385
roger ward
Rookie

AMRS directors have been very quite apart from the AA news . I know that they have had a promise of support from Bob Jane but similar promises were made to resurface AIR to the Power Tour , but their reputation may have had some thing to do with it not happening .

F3 GT Porsche Challenge production cars Saloon cars will surely run together . I think that Tranzams will not have the numbers . At Oran Park a certain Phillip PR identity was telling them that CAMS would let them run with the AMRS unless they had 20 cars while at the same time was making it clear that a new series would accept smaller numbers and that he was looking for a Gig with the new series I thought he was working with the AMRS directors to make 2006 happen , he should have been anyway .

Maybe the 2006 AMRS/AASA might look like ,

Touring Car Challenge (without current spec Super Cars ) that was the orginal idea .

A new category for the AUs Vs not elgible for the HDS or what ever it is in 06

Formula 4000. I sure that they will lift the number , plenty of good ideas in the offering .

Production Sports cars who knows . Good for their profile .

There has to be heaps of Porsche's around looking for a date .

FIA N-GT this has heaps of potenial and the sad part is that the GTCup / Porsche challenge refused to allow a BMW M3 from competing this year . There is one brand new shell with all the bits in a garage in the Hunter just waiting to be finished .

The Ferrari , Lambo , Mustang , Honda running in the GT Cup Porsche Challenge , how much longer will they be allowed to race as more and more Porsche race cars miss out on the main game and want a spot on the grid .Porsche/CAMS relationship will support this .It will be driven by dollars$$

I think if they can keep CAMS at bay (big Task- Big Dollars ) AMRS 06 might make it . I do hope so.

Come on AMRS Directors lets hear from one or both of you.
Old 23 Sep 2005, 08:41 (Ref:1414589)   #386
XW GT
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
XW GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Roger,

A certain Phillip PR identity? R.Mc?
Old 23 Sep 2005, 08:54 (Ref:1414601)   #387
XW GT
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
As you can see I am a new contributer to the forum. I have been reading it regularly and I am astonished that GTR Magic has not commented on the current "hot topics" i.e. AMRS/AASA. Has he "passed on", or is he just kicking back (holidays) with a cool drink and sand between the toes? I miss your comments GTR Magic.
Old 23 Sep 2005, 09:05 (Ref:1414610)   #388
silver 2
Racer

silver 2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been watching all this with interest. Fact from fiction equals APDC ( Porsche Drivers Challenge) had nothing to do with rejection of BMW. Decision was ultimately made by CAMS and all eligibility questions. Only the idiotic initial concept of a little lacking in foresight also rejected BMW. Worth noting that BM was not the only one affected.
For the record Porsche have no interest in superceded models ( that is every car that is not new or current ) . The owners of these cars have a problem working out how they just went from a chocalate to a boiled lolly in the flash of a new model.Lots of cars needing places to race in the future as CAMS also have no sense of responsibility to people that invest in race cars built to a regulation so heavy handedly imposed by them ( CAMS) when time moves on marginally those owners(fill in 1/2 dozen classes ) find they own an expensive pile of bits. Any wonder the climate is ripe for alternatives.
It could well be that CAMS would be quite happy for all these recalcerint owners did dissappear to the AASA. Problem is it might genuinely create an alternative!
Old 23 Sep 2005, 09:29 (Ref:1414623)   #389
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by XW GT
As you can see I am a new contributer to the forum. I have been reading it regularly and I am astonished that GTR Magic has not commented on the current "hot topics" i.e. AMRS/AASA. Has he "passed on", or is he just kicking back (holidays) with a cool drink and sand between the toes? I miss your comments GTR Magic.
I am here... watching the informed, and uninformed comment....

The AASA move to be an operator operator of motorsport events in many ways appears to be an insurance play, where the insurers/underwriters/agents of the CAMS events were the same ones that existed since the dawn of time, and each year rolled over into the next.

The real problem with a scenario like this, is where the costs increase on insurance on a significant level (like the past few years) and being in a monopolistic position as CAMS enjoys, the full costs were passed onto organisations trying to run race meetings.

Some meetings obviously stopped/went ahead/went AASA, but the underlying issue in the beginning was that the CAMS problem was an inflexible and unsuitable insurance plan that did not suit the categories using their services.

We wander into thefuture, after many months of debate about the AASA doing this or doing that... and how CAMS has the white hat, while the AASA own the black one... and in the end we are probably no closer to totally understanding the differences between them.

But the lazy, complacent sleeping giant has awoken... the CAMS mob seem to be listening to their customers, despite being a monopoly, and implementing a level of change in insurance, in category management and all sorts of weird and wonderful things.

Has CAMS turned over a new leaf? Or simply realised that profits from the AMSF are not everlasting... and that if dollars dont come thru the door, the staff are shown the door???
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 23 Sep 2005, 10:10 (Ref:1414654)   #390
XW GT
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
WOW!! Mate, I was just concerned about your health! I might take an ASPRO and have a little lay down now.
Old 23 Sep 2005, 10:41 (Ref:1414673)   #391
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger ward
AMRS directors have been very quite apart from the AA news . I know that they have had a promise of support from Bob Jane but similar promises were made to resurface AIR to the Power Tour , but their reputation may have had some thing to do with it not happening .

F3 GT Porsche Challenge production cars Saloon cars will surely run together . I think that Tranzams will not have the numbers . At Oran Park a certain Phillip PR identity was telling them that CAMS would let them run with the AMRS unless they had 20 cars while at the same time was making it clear that a new series would accept smaller numbers and that he was looking for a Gig with the new series I thought he was working with the AMRS directors to make 2006 happen , he should have been anyway .

Maybe the 2006 AMRS/AASA might look like ,

Touring Car Challenge (without current spec Super Cars ) that was the orginal idea .

A new category for the AUs Vs not elgible for the HDS or what ever it is in 06

Formula 4000. I sure that they will lift the number , plenty of good ideas in the offering .

Production Sports cars who knows . Good for their profile .

There has to be heaps of Porsche's around looking for a date .

FIA N-GT this has heaps of potenial and the sad part is that the GTCup / Porsche challenge refused to allow a BMW M3 from competing this year . There is one brand new shell with all the bits in a garage in the Hunter just waiting to be finished .

The Ferrari , Lambo , Mustang , Honda running in the GT Cup Porsche Challenge , how much longer will they be allowed to race as more and more Porsche race cars miss out on the main game and want a spot on the grid .Porsche/CAMS relationship will support this .It will be driven by dollars$$

I think if they can keep CAMS at bay (big Task- Big Dollars ) AMRS 06 might make it . I do hope so.

Come on AMRS Directors lets hear from one or both of you.

That's a fine theory about Sport Sedans except... Sports Sedans is not one series, it is six series. AASA does not have the capability to look after all five state sports sedans.
Old 23 Sep 2005, 10:43 (Ref:1414675)   #392
roger ward
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XW GT
Hi Roger,

A certain Phillip PR identity? R.Mc?

I believe your right .The different points of view are interesting . Not much information on the web .ozspeed.net covers the AMRS and there is the offical AMRS site . Nothing on that .
Old 23 Sep 2005, 16:01 (Ref:1414962)   #393
SamDale
Racer

SamDale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger ward
I believe your right .The different points of view are interesting . Not much information on the web .ozspeed.net covers the AMRS and there is the offical AMRS site . Nothing on that .
G'day Roger,

Keep your eye out for a big update to the AMRS website soon. I usually look after the site, but I am in the Navy, and currently somewhere in the South China Sea, unfortunately with no ability to update the site from here (it's a stretch to actually access the internet). The site will be updated as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Sam Dale
Old 18 Oct 2005, 22:51 (Ref:1437410)   #394
SamDale
Racer

G'day All,

You'll be happy to know I have just released the 2006 Australian Motor Racing Series website.

To go directly to the 2006 site, visit 2006.amrs.net.au

To see the current series site, visit 2005.amrs.net.au

And to have the option to choose which year you'd like to visit, go to www.amrs.net.au

If anyone has any constructive criticisms, suggestions for improvement, bug-reports or general comments, please send them to me: mumbo_racing@hotmail.com I'm off to Indy this afternoon, so I probably won't get a chance to reply until Monday, but will be more than happy to incorporate any improvements...

Cheers,

Sam Dale
Australian Motor Racing Series
Old 18 Oct 2005, 23:17 (Ref:1437433)   #395
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very impressive websites Sam - well done
Old 19 Oct 2005, 00:09 (Ref:1437462)   #396
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant job to all involved, count me in.
Old 19 Oct 2005, 10:31 (Ref:1437795)   #397
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sam, awesome job. The site looks quite sublime.

Most impressed. 2006 looks like it should be quite a nice season.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 09:50 (Ref:1441925)   #398
SamDale
Racer

Big_Trev, David and D.R.T.,

Thank you very much for the positive feedback! After just a few days online it seems the new website has received some positive interest with plenty of hits and plenty of interested new competitors for next year.

I'm looking forward to a great year in 2006!

Sam Dale
Australian Motor Racing Series
Old 31 Oct 2005, 13:22 (Ref:1448360)   #399
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the next AMRS schedule go to http://www.amrs.net.au/ and click on News.