Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 20 Aug 2004, 10:30 (Ref:1072497)   #51
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Russfeld
Does anyone know why Bruno races under his mother's maiden last name and not his fathers name
Ayrton did too.
Old 20 Aug 2004, 10:31 (Ref:1072498)   #52
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
da Silva in Portuguese is like Smith so Ayrton used his mothers maiden name to help with publicity.

Not really sure how surnames work in Brasil, my mum uses her Dads surname, but one of my cousins uses both like Senna did.
Old 16 Dec 2005, 14:26 (Ref:1485324)   #53
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to dig up this old thread;

But I was just wondering what people think of Bruno now? I think he did a good job in F3 this year, considering his limited experience... your thoughts?

PAUL
Old 16 Dec 2005, 16:37 (Ref:1485395)   #54
Pete Fenelon
Racer

Pete Fenelon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Mike Conway will take him apart in F3 next year. Bruno's competent, but nothing special. Mike is one of those drivers who, without looking spectacular, are very quick indeed. I think at RR with a Merc engine Mike looks like a very solid championship contender indeed. OTOH I think Bruno will walk all over Stephen Jelley....
Old 16 Dec 2005, 17:03 (Ref:1485413)   #55
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah - and with the support of Mark and Martin next year, I think Mike will prove himself, although I don't think he'll take Bruno apart, I think he'll beat him for sure. For me though, Bruno - has shown sparks of great talent - and, if he had been allowed to nurture it from an earlier age - I think he could have been a top class driver. Any other opinions?

PAUL
Old 16 Dec 2005, 19:32 (Ref:1485487)   #56
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Fenelon
Bruno's competent, but nothing special.
Wrong! Bruno has the talent and the charisma. The only question marks are whether he has, due to very sad circumstances, left it too late and if he has the absolute dedication required.

His efforts at the Nurburgring - pole position after half an hour's free practice - and chasing Parente to the flag after being jumped at the start - were for me amongst the best drives of the season. And he followed that by being runner-up in the last race of the season at Silverstone behind Charlie Kimball, who had the advantage of the latest Mugen-Honda engine.
Old 16 Dec 2005, 20:36 (Ref:1485514)   #57
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
mike has driven everything for long enough. thus to compare him to bruno who hasn't is a little... well, unfair. but that's the way we do things around here i suppose.

i think he's very very quick. he's fantastic to watch on a qualifying lap. and with any luck, he'll surprise a lot of people in 2006.

i don't think he's left it too late at all. i think there's still people in f1 (if that's his long term aim, who knows) who are willing to put age aside and wait until he gains the race experience to back up his talent.
Old 16 Dec 2005, 20:40 (Ref:1485518)   #58
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope Senna takes Conway apart next year
Old 16 Dec 2005, 20:48 (Ref:1485522)   #59
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
I hope Senna takes Conway apart next year
Well said!

Bruno has the skill to do it, he just has to gain the experience. I think he will do well this year in F3, and can't wait to see him race!
Old 16 Dec 2005, 22:42 (Ref:1485573)   #60
Emma
Racer

England
Shropshire, UK
Emma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bruno kicks ass.
He's a guy with bagfulls of talent, pots of money and a great personality - I ask what more would you want?! Yes, he may be pretty inexperienced but as long as he has the ability (which he does have) it doesn't matter how long he's been behind a wheel of a single seater.

And I also hope he takes Conway apart.
Old 17 Dec 2005, 00:57 (Ref:1485600)   #61
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
he's fantastic to watch on a qualifying lap.
Just like his uncle

I, am a davout Senna fan. As my interest in motor racing sparked not long after Ayrton's death - I was unable to see him race live. My support for Ayrton (he's my hero) - has transferred, quite naturally to Bruno- and I really hope he gets into the upper echelons of motor sport. Sato did it - I think Bruno can too, he's definately got the talent. I watched as much F3 as I could this year, and I saw him at Nurby in which - incidentally he was top class, also - in the last race at Silverstone - I was mightily impressed, despite not quite matching Kimball - but one of the better debutants in 2005. I look forward to seeing how he'll do with Merc power - a potential link to McLaren I AM SPECULATING hehe

PAUL
Old 17 Dec 2005, 06:02 (Ref:1485628)   #62
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has Mike Conway ever beaten his team mate?
Old 17 Dec 2005, 10:45 (Ref:1485693)   #63
Kicking-back
Veteran

He must have done when he won the FRenault championship
Old 17 Dec 2005, 11:51 (Ref:1485715)   #64
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...not to mention last year in British F3?
Old 17 Dec 2005, 13:13 (Ref:1485749)   #65
Nismo
Racer

Nismo is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Yeah Go Bruno!! Rip Conway to shreds
Old 17 Dec 2005, 16:39 (Ref:1485813)   #66
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
i think it may be hard and tough to compare bruno to mike...but i'd rather see bruno come out on top. we'll see i guess.
Old 17 Dec 2005, 18:08 (Ref:1485838)   #67
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder
...not to mention last year in British F3?
Edit: This year... always lose the plot just before Christmas!