Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 8 Jan 2006, 21:43 (Ref:1497493)   #1
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SCSA gets major series sponsor

The SCSA has now got a new sponsor

http://www.scsaracing.com/News.aspx?ID=1319&Cat=0
Old 9 Jan 2006, 13:56 (Ref:1497852)   #2
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarmarshal
The SCSA has now got a new sponsor

http://www.scsaracing.com/News.aspx?ID=1319&Cat=0

Yes, that's great news. Just goes to show that the big corporations have faith in the SCSA model. Lots of doom and gloom has been cast over the series in recent months, some right jeremiah's on here!

I'm still working on getting there sometime this season (behind the wheel - not only for the rookie training, but for at least one meeting)

Let's hope that the BRSCC's idea of "exciting" support races are the same as the rest of us, and not 5 car fields of nothingness.

Rob.
Old 9 Jan 2006, 13:58 (Ref:1497855)   #3
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59
Yes, that's great news. Just goes to show that the big corporations have faith in the SCSA model. Lots of doom and gloom has been cast over the series in recent months, some right jeremiah's on here!

I'm still working on getting there sometime this season (behind the wheel - not only for the rookie training, but for at least one meeting)

Let's hope that the BRSCC's idea of "exciting" support races are the same as the rest of us, and not 5 car fields of nothingness.

Rob.
I wouldn't hold your breath with the BRSCC
Old 9 Jan 2006, 15:25 (Ref:1497919)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Certainly good to see some positive news about SCSA
Old 9 Jan 2006, 17:44 (Ref:1497963)   #5
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Isn't the BRSCC a touch of death?
Old 9 Jan 2006, 17:51 (Ref:1497970)   #6
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
Isn't the BRSCC a touch of death?
That is my feeling Sam. The BRSCC have a trackr record of killing good championships with silly modifcations that are cosmetic
Old 9 Jan 2006, 18:55 (Ref:1498012)   #7
gwar
Racer

gwar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes its good to see good news about SCSA, i one hope the series can go from strength to strength, and hope that rockingham can stay around for a very long time...i believe its the best circuit in the uk..
Its a shame that with good news, some people have to doom monger,
Old 9 Jan 2006, 19:15 (Ref:1498023)   #8
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Given that one of the directors of the company that now owns the series is also a director of the BRSCC, and runs a large team in SCSA, I would think that he would be particularly keen for it to flourish!
Old 9 Jan 2006, 19:49 (Ref:1498057)   #9
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a great boost and im very glad that scsa will survive.
The new format sounds interesting as well.
I will be there.
Old 9 Jan 2006, 20:12 (Ref:1498076)   #10
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
Given that one of the directors of the company that now owns the series is also a director of the BRSCC, and runs a large team in SCSA, I would think that he would be particularly keen for it to flourish!
Strange though that the statement from the BRSCC said they "hoped that the SCSA would be able to be part of the Thunder Sunday weekends"??? I would have thought there'd be a little more joined up thinking about it all. The MN statement made me think that SCSA all but dead in the water.
Old 9 Jan 2006, 21:31 (Ref:1498122)   #11
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thankfully, the BRSCC are ONLY running the races that fill in the gaps between the SCSA sanctioned races (SCSA, Pickups).

I would guess that their best bet would be to run an open saloons race at each meeting, as they always get good grids, plus something else, maybe an open single seaters?????????????

You know my evil thoughts!

Rob.
Old 9 Jan 2006, 22:45 (Ref:1498183)   #12
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
evil or what I tend to call - good.

No I cannot think of one good thing to say about that club - anyone help?
Old 10 Jan 2006, 08:57 (Ref:1498396)   #13
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59
Thankfully, the BRSCC are ONLY running the races that fill in the gaps between the SCSA sanctioned races (SCSA, Pickups).

I would guess that their best bet would be to run an open saloons race at each meeting, as they always get good grids, plus something else, maybe an open single seaters?????????????

You know my evil thoughts!

Rob.
Nope, their statement says that they are "promoters and organisers" of the Thunder Sunday meetings. This is a bigger role than BARC previously carried out where they organised the meetings of behalf of Rockingham as promoters. Now perhaps the statement that was made was misleading or even incorrect......but "promoters and organisers" sounds like it's now their ball to do what they want with.
Old 10 Jan 2006, 10:23 (Ref:1498455)   #14
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to one of the team bosses, BARC still hold the permits for both SCSA and pickups. I guess this may mean that although BRSCC will be running and promoting the support races BARC will still be responsible for the oval. Could lead to a worrying case of too many cooks though.....
Old 10 Jan 2006, 13:04 (Ref:1498580)   #15
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic
According to one of the team bosses, BARC still hold the permits for both SCSA and pickups. I guess this may mean that although BRSCC will be running and promoting the support races BARC will still be responsible for the oval. Could lead to a worrying case of too many cooks though.....

It will be interesting to see what happens. BARC do not have any of the SCSA dates on the marshalling availability forms sent out last week.
Old 10 Jan 2006, 13:13 (Ref:1498590)   #16
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic
I've seen those posts and TBH it sounds unlikely to me - although perhaps someone has insider knowledge and i'm wrong. BARC might hold the permits but I don't think that this means that they have to physically run the series and provide the Clerks - lots of series are run by different clubs over a season - sometimes they have a permanent clerk and sometimes they don't.

BARC, I would imagine would want to be paid to provide staff and if the BRSCC are also providing Clerks for the support races it would lead to a doubling of expenses and that seems pretty pointless.
Old 10 Jan 2006, 18:08 (Ref:1498788)   #17
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fay
It will be interesting to see what happens. BARC do not have any of the SCSA dates on the marshalling availability forms sent out last week.
Fay,

Are you being a little coy and maybe holding some cards firmly to your chest?

Curious of Intrigue Land

Ian
Old 10 Jan 2006, 18:44 (Ref:1498814)   #18
gwar
Racer

gwar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley
Fay,

Are you being a little coy and maybe holding some cards firmly to your chest?

Curious of Intrigue Land

Ian
Ian will this mean marshalls from barc doing the oval and BRSCC marshaling the infield ???????
Old 10 Jan 2006, 19:11 (Ref:1498826)   #19
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwar
Ian will this mean marshalls from barc doing the oval and BRSCC marshaling the infield ???????
That is the $64K question that nobody is putting any answers to. Hence my curiosity.

Ian
Old 11 Jan 2006, 13:17 (Ref:1499226)   #20
youngoldy
Racer

United Kingdom
Somewhereorotherville
youngoldy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Would there be any chance of a weekend during the season where they use the in-feild section now that racing at the MSV tracks plans fell through?
It would seem good so the Rockingham regular fans wouldn't have to travel the length of the country to see the action.
But good to see that its IMMEDIATE future has been saved.
Old 13 Jan 2006, 00:09 (Ref:1500272)   #21
Tracey
Racer

England
In front of a PC
Tracey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmmm. BRSCC East Anglia have had a couple of meetings at Rockingham - and next to no marshals. It could prove interesting if they have anything to do with volunteers. The other debate is which rescue units would be used. I know there were a few 'issues' at the end of last year on that.
Old 16 Jan 2006, 12:04 (Ref:1502318)   #22
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see Coca-Cola get involved. Lets hope the grid number picks up this season.