Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 13 Sep 2001, 18:24 (Ref:145717)   #1
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oulton Park Classic - 29th Sept

Well since we have managed to have a thread on nearly all rounds of te BARC Classic meetings thought I'd better start one for Oulton.
So here it is then...
Penultimate round for the core BARC Classic package. All the usual suspects.
Who's gonna be there - who's not? What's the weather gonna be like ?
Any 10/10thers out marshalling or watching ? let us all know.
For some of us it's twice the distance of Pembrey, so a Friday afternoon job on the M6 - oh what fun !
Cya there...
Old 25 Sep 2001, 15:55 (Ref:151033)   #2
Slowcoach
Racer

Slowcoach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stonking response eh Tony , alas can't justify this one having been away two of the preceding three weekends , going to re-introduce myself to the family.... Good luck and see you at Rockingham hopefully.
Old 25 Sep 2001, 16:02 (Ref:151037)   #3
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Thank you Mr. Slowcoach for bringing this one up to the top

Yes, some of us will actually be there!

The plan is to watch the CSCC at Oulton (probably myself, Maisie and Carrie) and then head on down to Silverstone to catch some night racing courtesy of the doomed Powertour..

Shame you're not going to be racing, Mr. Coach - I hope your family remembers who you are though

Does anyone have a timetable for this event?
Old 25 Sep 2001, 16:05 (Ref:151040)   #4
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Practise begins 9 am - racing 1315 - eight races - in order :

Pre 90 / Classic Clubman / Post Historic / FF2000 / Grp 1 / Sports-Saloon / Classic Thunder / Historic Touring

Car 59 races 1 & 7
Old 25 Sep 2001, 17:47 (Ref:151083)   #5
Tony Harman
Veteran

Ooh there are people out there, thought everyone had worn themselves out on the Pembrey thread, As you say SC "stonking response".
Hey Chris be good to meet you, Maisie and Carrie, make sure you drop by - I'd love to catch up on the world of Mini's, Roger T's an old aquaintance.
So weather forecast looks reasonable at the moment, we've got the "Island" circuit which I hear is pretty good, definatly going for a walk around Friday night, we've got a really tough entry for the Clubmans race, penultimate round and points are close so expect some entertainment
Blimey Jos - first and last - early start late finish.
Old 25 Sep 2001, 18:58 (Ref:151119)   #6
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there I think we will also have the pleasure of TimD's company as well.
Old 25 Sep 2001, 19:23 (Ref:151142)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry folks - i'll be at Silverstone, but i'm sure you'll not miss me...
Old 25 Sep 2001, 21:18 (Ref:151232)   #8
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Slowcoach? No SD1 to drool over?

AWWWWWW
Old 26 Sep 2001, 07:24 (Ref:151416)   #9
Tony Harman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Maisie
No Slowcoach? No SD1 to drool over?

AWWWWWW
Oh well, never mind Maisie - try drooling over a HAGGISpeed instead
Old 26 Sep 2001, 08:52 (Ref:151437)   #10
Maisie
Veteran

Hmm ... I'll give it a try, but I have yet to find a particularly droolworthy spindle

Can we have a Classic Saloonatic roll-call so I know who to come and pester in the paddock?
Old 26 Sep 2001, 09:17 (Ref:151450)   #11
Tony Harman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Maisie
Hmm ... I'll give it a try, but I have yet to find a particularly droolworthy spindle
???:confused: ???:confused??:confused??:confused??:confused??
Old 26 Sep 2001, 09:33 (Ref:151455)   #12
Slowcoach
Racer

I'm so sorry that I won't be there for my fan (but I have entered two races at the Rockingham Classic so you can have double helpings of Rover pie but we'll save that for another thread....) in the meantime cheer the spindles !

Last edited by Slowcoach; 26 Sep 2001 at 09:34.
Old 26 Sep 2001, 10:28 (Ref:151476)   #13
Maisie
Veteran

Oh OK then, if I must

I can put up with even a spindle race if there's someone to cheer for. Heck, anything's better than bathtubs

Old 26 Sep 2001, 12:20 (Ref:151519)   #14
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
Talking of masochists - anyone want two spare passes ?

llegedly they cannot be left on the gate - is that true ? if so by mail or collect from hotel nearby
Old 30 Sep 2001, 00:13 (Ref:153494)   #15
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thoroughly enjoyable day, great fun and glorious weather Nice to meet you as well Jos, just a shame we didn't get to meet Tony Harman as well, only saw the car when we wandered to that section of the paddock. Jos, what ahppened in your second race? Looked like you were having problems and from where we were standing you seemed to be looking at something in the bottom of the car.
Slowcoach, yours must have been the only SD1 in existance that wasn't actually at Oulton today, the whole place was overrun with them Some nice Moggies and Jags, but a disappointing number of Lotus Cortinas.
I would have liked to have made Rockingham, but Minis at Snetterton are calling me
Maisie, Chris, hope it was worth shooting off to Silverstone Tim and me opted to finish off the evening with a very nice meal.
Old 30 Sep 2001, 12:07 (Ref:153650)   #16
Maisie
Veteran

Nice to meet you, Jos, and shame we didn't catch up with Tony. That's a mighty weird but shinily-chromed spindle you have there - possibly one of the best looking ones I've seen

Not a bad day's racing at Oulton - I'm gutted we couldn't have stayed longer - I wanted to see the Moggy Minors and A35 in action Still, it was worth setting off to Silverstone - the Tuscans were mental in the dark, Porsches equally insane, and the GTs were big, bright, scary and LOUD! Having never been to Le Mans, I was really impressed. Finding an almost-empty grandstand at Abbey was lovely.

It's such a shame the end of the season is nearly upon us
Old 1 Oct 2001, 08:29 (Ref:154139)   #17
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
The oil all over the track did my head before and at the start and it was only right at the end of the race that I began to get comfortable hence 1 sec/lap slower than in pre 90 - good to meet y'all - roll on Rockingham
Old 1 Oct 2001, 08:56 (Ref:154145)   #18
Tony Harman
Veteran

Hi All, well having been suitably insulted by your views of "spindly's" I'm glad you found one you could almost dribble over Maisie ! - tis pretty isn't it. Sorry to have missed you all, didn't get the opportunity to convert you to the wonders of "real" racing cars... What a glorious day it turned out to be, weather wise anyway. We had a very wet practise though, first time I'd had the car in the wet and discovered the set up was COMPLETELY wrong, even had to do a pit stop to back off the shocks, so qualified a lowly 11th, worst of the season. Then as we went up to the assembly area for the race we developed a small water leak, nothing like a last minute panic to get the adrenalin going ! Got baulked out on the start and then it was running hot from the end of the first lap and I had lost touch with the main pack already, I could have pushed and had a good race with a Class D car (the bright yellow one) but decided to hold station and go for a finish and the 2 points, so a lonely race really but I got the 2 points and Mike Hickson didn't finish so that puts me 3rd in the championship. Oulton's a great circuit though but I would really have benfitted from some testing, 8 laps practise isn't really enough time to learn it, but £120 for an afternoon's testing is a bit too steep for this club racer . So Rockingham in 2 weeks, now been made into a 2 day meeting. Anyone going to be there ?
Old 1 Oct 2001, 09:47 (Ref:154161)   #19
Slowcoach
Racer

So sorry to disappoint you Carrie , if you can't be lured to Rockingham there is still one last opportunity and that's Donnington at the end of the month.
Tony - well done on your nursing the spindle home , points mean prizes......anyway sounds like you ought to start another thread for Rockingham.........
Old 1 Oct 2001, 10:05 (Ref:154169)   #20
Tony Harman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Slowcoach
......anyway sounds like you ought to start another thread for Rockingham.........
Already there, Hobson beat us to it, now residing just above this thread in "Trackside"
Wish we were doing Donny, although it may have been difficult with us moving house (and Garage) about then ! What else is there, I guess it's not a Classic Package meeting.
Old 1 Oct 2001, 15:20 (Ref:154274)   #21
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Slowcoach
So sorry to disappoint you Carrie , if you can't be lured to Rockingham there is still one last opportunity and that's Donnington at the end of the month.
ooooh... details please... new topic needs starting methinks