Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Oct 2001, 20:04 (Ref:157690)   #26
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
isnt it banned in Norway?? I remember the Norwegian FF driver Per Christian Morland asking me to go into an off licence and buy it for him - I had to explain its not like buying Merrydown ;-) tell you what tho when I was in andorra it enabled me to conduct a conversation about motor racing with a taxi driver in french and spanish - two languages I dont speak!! how do you explain that?
Old 8 Oct 2001, 22:32 (Ref:157806)   #27
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm glad I never got close to any of those.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 15:14 (Ref:158067)   #28
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must say I've had few cans of Red bull some years ago, but it had no effect in any way. It was during one very hard night, and all I can say is that is was nicely refreshing drink when properly cooled.
However, I do remember that there was a sign on the can itself saying that it shouldn't be mixed with alcoholic beverages.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 18:57 (Ref:158155)   #29
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Forgot to say I mixed it with Wodka obviously!!
Old 9 Oct 2001, 19:28 (Ref:158171)   #30
I Ate Yoko Ono
Racer

I Ate Yoko Ono should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red Bull All Amrica Team = Bull All America Team.

Arrows will in all likelihood go for another 25 years without winning a race whether or not they have Red Bull sponsorship or a faux-American status. Perhaps they would like to get Bobby Rahal to run it so see if he can ,mastermind another team's backward slide down the grid.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 19:42 (Ref:158180)   #31
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by I Ate Yoko Ono
Perhaps they would like to get Bobby Rahal to run it so see if he can ,mastermind another team's backward slide down the grid.
Hohoho! how true!
Old 10 Oct 2001, 04:31 (Ref:158329)   #32
Crash and Burn
Racer

Crash and Burn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Arrows boss Tom Walkinshaw has dismissed reports that Austrian energy drink giant Red Bull are set to take over his team and transform it into an all-American concern before the start of next season.

The Austrian marketing man behind Red Bull, Dietrich Mateschitz, said earlier this week that he owned a majority option on the team which he aimed to exercise as soon as this month to turn Arrows into the new "Red Bull All-America Team".

However, Walkinshaw has now flatly denied that the option exists, and insisted the report was pure speculation.

"Red Bull has never had an option to buy Arrows and this latest story is a re-hash of old speculation," said Walkinshaw, who took over the team in March 1996.

Mateschitz currently owns a 64 percent stake in the Sauber team, and he is reportedly seeking to sell it for an estimated $33 million.
Old 10 Oct 2001, 10:48 (Ref:158430)   #33
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, Steve already posted that in the previous page.
Old 10 Oct 2001, 11:18 (Ref:158445)   #34
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by I Ate Yoko Ono
Perhaps they would like to get Bobby Rahal to run it so see if he can ,mastermind another team's backward slide down the grid.
I8YO, Jaguar was putrid before Rahal's arrival; any gain in performance this past season was due to decisions Rahal made about the team, staffing and divesting the team of the media BS within which it had wrapped itself in its first season. Jaguar is at the back of the grid because Ford meddled too much and trashed the effective Stewart Team. Rahal's hiring was a step in the right direction and Lauda's meglomania will negate any advances made.

Blaming Rahal for Jaguar's poor performance is like blaming Yoko Ono for Lennon's murder.
Old 10 Oct 2001, 11:21 (Ref:158447)   #35
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And Ralf's much better than JPM'll ever be. Oh, sorry, this is the thread on the F1 forum which doesn't go it that isn't it ........

Oh, you're right about Rahal, Eero. Lauda's a step backwards IMHO

Last edited by Marshal; 10 Oct 2001 at 11:23.
Old 10 Oct 2001, 12:35 (Ref:158488)   #36
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

...and Irvine being the "star" of Jaguar with total support from Lauda doesn't help much.
Old 10 Oct 2001, 17:54 (Ref:158668)   #37
Crash and Burn
Racer

Crash and Burn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Yeah, Steve already posted that in the previous page.
DOH!
Old 10 Oct 2001, 23:54 (Ref:158909)   #38
I Ate Yoko Ono
Racer

I Ate Yoko Ono should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Originally posted by EERO

"Blaming Rahal for Jaguar's poor performance is like blaming Yoko Ono for Lennon's murder. "

Why do you think i ate her?

Sorry to say such a harsh thing about a man who is a hero to many but the reality is he was out of his depth in the shark infested waters of F1 - witness his ameteurish attempts to lure Newey away from McLaren and badly timed press releases during the same fiasco. He was the architect of his own downfall during the whole thing. I won't attribute any performance increases at Jaguar to him because for all his hype there haven't been any.

Running a CART team on a fraction of the budget, with a tenth of the personnel, with no design, research and development responsibilities and by just buying an off the shelf Reynard/Lola chassis from England can in no way be compared to running a successful F1 team and I think in his heart of hearts Rahal now knows that. You can't do F1 and something else, or do F1 and not be 100% committed (ask Michael Andretti who came from the same racing sphere).

I appreciate Rahal might be good at helping his drivers set up an off the shelf customer car for a super speedway but that is not F1. Lauda has far more chance of getting Jag up the grid IMO.
Old 11 Oct 2001, 01:30 (Ref:158931)   #39
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Uhn, ONO.

You just spotted some bad moments in Rahal career at Jaguar. True, but we should evaluate all he did during his time at Jaguar...