I reserve the right, however, to state that I personally think the GP sucks

Well said that man - Balders
Old 7 Jun 2006, 08:34 (Ref:1629071)   #27
Gordon Knight
Racer

England
Monton, Eccles, Manchester
Gordon Knight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Succintly put Mr. Wooley...or should that be sucks-intly.
Old 7 Jun 2006, 08:36 (Ref:1629072)   #28
Gordon Knight
Racer

England
Monton, Eccles, Manchester
Gordon Knight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apologies for misspelling your name Woolley...
Old 7 Jun 2006, 08:45 (Ref:1629077)   #29
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Again, Woolley has it spot on.

Jim
Old 7 Jun 2006, 11:40 (Ref:1629170)   #30
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive
Good grief, here we go again.

No Clive, here YOU go again!

I can't see that anyone is rubbishing your decision to work the GP and I agree 100% with you that the atmosphere amongst the marshals is brilliant and no - we don't see that very often.

However, I will reserve the right to rubbish the event (Not those who are marshalling it, not the FIA, not Bernie and not event the MSA to a certain degree).
I have marshalled seven BGP (I think) but this year was rejected by the selection committee for being "Unreliable".

The past three years were volunteered for by me but on each occasion had to withdraw for what I think are very valid reasons (The Missus being very ill - My Mum passing away and the car seizing up whilst actually en-route to Silverstone).
On two of those occasions, apologies were sent to the Secretary of the meeting at the MSA, and tickets duly returned. The one where the car broke down resulted in a very late call to the (then) Chief of my discipline and again, tickets were retuned to the MSA.

So I was turned down this year! I do understand that the organisers need some sort of reliability amongst the volunteers obviously, but at the moment I still feel a bit bitter towards those that do the selections.

Clive, I hope you have a crackin' weekend - and the same to everyone else who's going. I shall probably video the race......not for the "Action" but to see who I recognise in Orange (or black!)
Old 7 Jun 2006, 11:42 (Ref:1629173)   #31
vw_nut
Veteran

England
hereford
vw_nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i will be in torquay not that best place in the world i wanted yto go to le mans but no money
Old 7 Jun 2006, 11:54 (Ref:1629182)   #32
Rob M
Rookie

England
Rob M should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it would be a very boring world if we all liked the same things.

Hopefully we will all have a great, sunny, hot and safe weekend wherever we chose to spend it.

Rob
Old 7 Jun 2006, 12:10 (Ref:1629195)   #33
schrammy
Racer

England
Scratby
schrammy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doing my first rally at Mallory on Friday evening and then again on Saturday morning, watching bikes practice during Saturday and then the rally again in the evening. "Supporting" my wife in the Race for Life on Sunday. Miss the football AND the GP. Bonus !
Old 7 Jun 2006, 14:28 (Ref:1629281)   #34
Lord Summerisle
Veteran

England
Lancs
Lord Summerisle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shall be at Oulton for the VSCC,

twas most enjoyable at last weekends meeting watching them go up Harewood hill, and hoping that the two fellas that visited us at Chippies managed to get their cars fixed in time for this weekends racing.
Old 7 Jun 2006, 16:20 (Ref:1629347)   #35
Gridlock
Racer

England
Buckinghamshire
Gridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do agree with Clive, and although Woolley, everyone has a choice, which you accept perhaps you do protest too much?
It is worth attending the GP just to meet old friends that we dont see very frequently and to make new ones. Racing well thats just a side line?
Its also great to mix with so many spectators once in a while as we dont see many at some club meetings. It is great that many marshals make a choice not to attend the GP as without those I fear many club meetings this weekend would have insufficient officials to run them. So thank you to those guys and gals for keeping our bread and butter events running. May your weekend be sunny and uneventful. Sorry Woolley just checked your profile same birth date but you sound much older?
Old 7 Jun 2006, 16:43 (Ref:1629370)   #36
john souch
Rookie

john souch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrammy
Doing my first rally at Mallory on Friday evening and then again on Saturday morning, watching bikes practice during Saturday and then the rally again in the evening. "Supporting" my wife in the Race for Life on Sunday. Miss the football AND the GP. Bonus !
Schrammy I did this meeting at Mallory last year Thoroughly enjoyed it,could have done with a few more cars.However,I'm led to believe that there will be more this year and some quick rally cars as well like last year certainly good entertainment & kept busy rebuilding chicanes & Hay Bails.I would have like to have done this one again this year but doing BGP for first time.

You enjoy,

John.
Old 7 Jun 2006, 18:50 (Ref:1629430)   #37
Flag Wave
Rookie

Flag Wave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well what can I say other than in stead of being track side I will be pool side in Sorrento getting an all over tan instead of the marshalls head and hand tan!!!!

In all fareness I wish all the boys and girls at Silverstone a great weekend and don't forget to slap on the sun screen and make suer Bernie gives you some water during the day AND SOME BEER IN THE EVENING

Enjoy

Steve

IT'S GOING TO BE A HOT ONE!!!
Old 7 Jun 2006, 21:27 (Ref:1629537)   #38
Malc's
Racer

England
Nottingham
Malc's should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gardening or Achery i think this weekend but i have never done a GP yet
Old 7 Jun 2006, 21:44 (Ref:1629553)   #39
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I used to love doing the GP - there was such a buzz just simply being there. However, over the years I have simply lost interest in F1 to such an extent that I now cannot even be bothered watching it on the telly!

Having said that you cannot beat standing on the pit wall for the start of the race - that is simply awesome.

As for what will I be doing instead? Resting after our week's gardening and decorating holiday before going back to work!