Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jul 2006, 22:21 (Ref:1668334)   #126
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstallard
Nico Rosberg just gave an interview to ITV...what a nice polite young chap
But mighty rude to his cars!
Old 30 Jul 2006, 22:24 (Ref:1668337)   #127
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by freud
Perhaps Webber pushed himself a bit too much. I thought he was going rather well at the middle stage of the race but was somewhat fixated upon beating Jenson towards the later part of the race. Somehow that made him push the car a bit more than it could handle...
Nonsense, it's what a racer does! If the cars going to break, it's going to break!
Old 30 Jul 2006, 22:38 (Ref:1668349)   #128
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
Great races by Schumacher and Massa to day, in a class of their own. What happened to Fisi at the end of the second stint?
Well he had to let Alonso by didn't he?
Old 30 Jul 2006, 22:44 (Ref:1668355)   #129
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bridgestone have obviously produced much better hot weather compounds, and with some hot races coming up combined with the August test ban, Renault sould be worried about the immediate future. It would seem that the car is much harder on the rears than either McLaren or Honda. If BARs' pace is for real, there are suddenly many more drivers in the mix for points, since better Bridgies will benefit Toyota and Williams, particularly Jarno and Mark at this point.
Now if overtaking were just a little bit easier, we'd have quite a show on our hands.
Old 30 Jul 2006, 22:51 (Ref:1668363)   #130
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Overtaking seemed as easy in this race as it seems difficult at other tracks. It seemed almost impossible for a slower leading car to resist a fast car behind it - unless the following car was a teammate... or Jarno Trulli.
Old 30 Jul 2006, 23:12 (Ref:1668373)   #131
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
A fairly good race today.

Barrichello was looking racy today. A pity for him, but at least the lead Honda held together.

A strong race by Raikkonen, but I wonder whether if Honda really are on the up, they can maintain that kind of pace against that resurgent team, with Renault bound to get back in the mix before too long. We could see some close battles between Ferrari, Renault, McLaren and Honda (as was expected at the start of the season) if Honda and McLaren really have made strides.

Schumacher's lapdog looked pretty quick today, although I think Michael would have had loads in reserve. I wonder how much longer he'll put up with being number 2 if he really is as quick as he appears. Might not be long before the frustration that Barrichello began to display shows.

A brilliant race by Webber, much quicker than his highly rated GP2 champion team-mate all weekend. Probably won't be enough to satisfy his doubters who will continue to ignore the evidence before them.

All in all, not a bad race. Pity we have to go to the Hungaroring next.
Then I suggest that Felipe drive around Michael if the *lap dog* role as you say does not agree with him.
Old 30 Jul 2006, 23:35 (Ref:1668382)   #132
kevinq
Rookie

kevinq should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen
Nonsense, it's what a racer does! If the cars going to break, it's going to break!
But surely Mark could have got out of the car, patched up the broken water line, re-filled the system with his drink bottle and continued on. Freud is right, Webber is just a loser.

Back to reality, I was actually surprised the Williams lasted as long as it did.
Old 30 Jul 2006, 23:48 (Ref:1668391)   #133
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinq
But surely Mark could have got out of the car, patched up the broken water line, re-filled the system with his drink bottle and continued on.
Now don't go giving the FIA any ideas.
Old 31 Jul 2006, 00:25 (Ref:1668415)   #134
Shoe-maker
Racer

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Shoe-maker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a strange season. The races have hardly been riveting but both championships are well in the balance with six races left. All of a sudden it's Schumacher and Ferrari on a roll and Alonso and Renault looking like they're going backwards but nothing stays the same for long in F1.
Old 31 Jul 2006, 00:38 (Ref:1668420)   #135
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen
Good race...anyone still bored with F1?
Now if the FIA & Bernie really want to 'fix' F1...just study Hockenheim's sections that allow overtaking, and get circuits to replicate them! Much easier than messing with the Formula.
It did not strike me as a particularly good race Rennen..maybe for me it has to do with the way the track has been altered than anything else. You would be a good person to ask this question..Does it feel like a large karting track to you these days?

Last edited by JeremySmith; 31 Jul 2006 at 00:48.
Old 31 Jul 2006, 01:33 (Ref:1668428)   #136
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought it was a thorughly enjoyable race. I can recall at least half a dozen good passes off the top of my head. Sure the Ferraris cleared off, but the battles behind them were top notch.

Anyone unhappy with that one is either not a racing fan, or is impossible to please.
Old 31 Jul 2006, 01:57 (Ref:1668435)   #137
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yeah i thought it was a pretty good race, because there were plenty of good battles all along, varying strategies, and there was a real chance that once a car was caught that the challenging driver could do something about it. Plenty of good drives all the way along the field. And the cracks of pressure have started to appear in the title leader (PS that high speed save by alonso late in the race was pretty damn spectacular!)

And now, after one of the better races this season, it appears as though we wont see hockenheim next season... would have much preferred nurburgring to go personally...

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/head...30114318.shtml
Old 31 Jul 2006, 06:35 (Ref:1668502)   #138
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by freud
Now I am not saying Webber blew up a great chance to put a few points in his piggy bank. What I am saying is simply Webber was fixated upon his duel with Button to the extent that he lost his focus on the car. I am sure if he knew the car was heating up, he could've told the pit guys. I dont even know if it was the water pipe, hte engine, or the brakes (may be some part of the gearbox??)???
It’s the driver’s job to be fixated on driving, the team monitor’s the car via the telemetry. Not to mention that once a problem like that develops, it is unlikely that simply nursing the car will get it to the end (look at Ralf a few weeks ago).

Mark did brilliantly well in the race, he’s making a habit of getting great starts and gaining places on the first lap while staying out of trouble at the same time – lessons learnt from last year. Not to mention he was punching out lap after lap as fast as the car could go. It was a shame he wasn’t a tenth of a second further up when Kimi came out of the pits, although I think Kimi would have passed him anyway it would have been a good dice.

I thought it was a good race too. Despite the Ferraris having the win in the bag from early on, we had some good dicing for the following positions, and actual genuine passing on the track!
Old 31 Jul 2006, 07:40 (Ref:1668557)   #139
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its an interesting little point (well, maybe not that interesting...) but from looking at the race results, here, the 2 torro rosso's were the fastest team in the pits - in that both their drivers spent 42.5 and 42.6 s in the pits, whereas the next closest was alonso with 44.3, and most 2 stoppers being in the mid 44s... - is this just good teamwork? or is it because the restricted v10 uses less fuel due to not revving as high?

just curious anyway....
Old 31 Jul 2006, 10:12 (Ref:1668701)   #140
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, as races go, that wasn't bad. ALOT better compared to manky course, i saw some overtaking, which is unusual.