Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Sep 2006, 16:26 (Ref:1706978)   #51
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wont make the switch to Nascar. Not that I look down upon the series but it's just not my type of racing and, although what I've seen in F1 for many years now isn't my type of racing either, I still have a soft spot for "the institution" and I still think it will evetually get it's act back together. Of course I wish him only the very best and I might watch a couple of races (road courses and perhaps the Daytona 500) but I don't think I'll follow the whole season. Besides, I can't afford to spend 38 weekend afternoons watching races (and I'm sure my girlfriend would concurr ); F1 is a lot easier because the races are either early in the morning or very late at night.
Old 10 Sep 2006, 17:00 (Ref:1707007)   #52
V8_TURBO
Veteran

MagnetON
Glasgow
V8_TURBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_kyle
It's the future of motorsport!
Last2LiftOff thinks differently.
Old 10 Sep 2006, 17:16 (Ref:1707027)   #53
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Can't wait to follow Montoya in NASCAR! I already love it and have been following it for a few years.

It was a lot more fun when the cars racing were the same cars on the street. A few things I don't like about NASCAR are the contrived yellows for commercials, bumping to win and the no stop announcers.
F1 rules now and forever.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 00:18 (Ref:1707495)   #54
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I watched a bit of a NASCAR race last night, and there is not enough about the action to keep me interested for a whole race..
Old 12 Sep 2006, 21:42 (Ref:1709202)   #55
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
In NASCAR they never seem to turn right... Ovals races are not as intersting as road courses to me. I'd rather watch any race at Watkins Glen (even Formula Atlantic) than Indy 500.

We also should acknowledge that the POPULARITY OF NASCAR IS ALSO DUE TO THE DEBACLE of " Indy racing League" versus Champ Car.

The moderators could have placed a "poll" for this thread. I would have been interesting to see the results.

Last edited by karimbo; 12 Sep 2006 at 21:46.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 22:34 (Ref:1709227)   #56
Molotov
Rookie

Canada
Canada
Molotov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO the IRL single handedly destroyed American Open wheel racing, the Indycar series was great and I miss it even to this day. I watch NASCAR now and then but i'll never enjoy it as much as Indycar. The IRL is a broken series and will never be able to match NASCAR, in attendance, in overall ratings or in excitement. Frankly I hope it dies out, without Danica and the Indy 500 they are nothing.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 03:49 (Ref:1709316)   #57
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Goodness I hope not
Old 13 Sep 2006, 07:12 (Ref:1709355)   #58
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
This is interesting.Canadian oval racing!

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=29311
Old 13 Sep 2006, 08:43 (Ref:1709419)   #59
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott

Nice that it has finally been finalized - NASCAR bought into CASCAR a while back, so it was just a matter of time before CASCAR was rebranded into an official division of NASCAR.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 08:49 (Ref:1709424)   #60
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molotov
IMO the IRL single handedly destroyed American Open wheel racing, the Indycar series was great and I miss it even to this day. I watch NASCAR now and then but i'll never enjoy it as much as Indycar. The IRL is a broken series and will never be able to match NASCAR, in attendance, in overall ratings or in excitement. Frankly I hope it dies out, without Danica and the Indy 500 they are nothing.
Not single handedly - if the CART head honchos at the time hadn't scared TG (by suggesting they wanted to decrease the importance of the Indianapolis 500) into coming with his ridiculous demands for complete control, the split would never have happened.

And that's a fact.

As for excitement, IndyCar currently beats NASCAR hands down on many of the 1.5mile-2mile tracks where the dreaded "aero push" has all but eradicated good, hard racing in NASCAR (which the CoT hopefully will cure though).
Old 13 Sep 2006, 11:22 (Ref:1709514)   #61
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott

This NASCAR/F1 thing is getting interesting Martyn. Thanks for the link. There's no oval at Circuit GV though so, presumably, they will overcome some of the "they never turn right" objections. I'm sure they're out there, but I don't know of too many ovals in this country period.

But then again I didn't know Canadian Tire was "passionate about motorsports" neither
Old 13 Sep 2006, 16:55 (Ref:1709674)   #62
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff
This NASCAR/F1 thing is getting interesting Martyn. Thanks for the link. There's no oval at Circuit GV though so, presumably, they will overcome some of the "they never turn right" objections. I'm sure they're out there, but I don't know of too many ovals in this country period.
There are some ovals in Canada, apparently, seeing as there are six of them on the 2006 CASCAR schedule (two of which are visited twice during the season)

As for non-ovals, CASCAR have raced at Montreal, Mosport, Trois Rivieres and Edmonton this year.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 17:07 (Ref:1709678)   #63
Molotov
Rookie

Canada
Canada
Well CASCAR will be replaced by the NASCAR Canadian Tire series next year, in an effort to attract more Canadian drivers and teams into the big NASCAR series in the future. This will in return attract more Canadian fans. It is said by many analyst that most Canadian fans outside Quebec are switching allegiance from Open Wheel Racing (CART, F1) to Stock Car Racing (NASCAR). This might be a sign of things to come. I don’t think the French Canadian crowd will join stock car racing anytime soon unless JV and Capentier are successful in NASCAR.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 17:33 (Ref:1709686)   #64
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molotov
Well CASCAR will be replaced by the NASCAR Canadian Tire series next year
Just like the article above says, yes. I'd say it's more of a name-change, really, and I doubt NASCAR's of CASCAR will be much different from what it has been this year.

And it's not the Canadian drivers and teams NASCAR hopes to attract, but rather the Canadian fans.
Old 14 Sep 2006, 02:18 (Ref:1709891)   #65
Molotov
Rookie

Canada
Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
Just like the article above says, yes. I'd say it's more of a name-change, really, and I doubt NASCAR's of CASCAR will be much different from what it has been this year.

And it's not the Canadian drivers and teams NASCAR hopes to attract, but rather the Canadian fans.
Of course it's the fan they want to attract but they said they hoped that having a NASCAR regulated series in Canada would help the Canadian teams and drivers make the transition from the Canadian Tire series to the bigger leagues of NASCAR easier. It is obvious that a successful Canadian NEXTEL Cup team or/and a few good Canadian drivers will surely spark Canada's interest in NASCAR.