Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Oct 2006, 16:18 (Ref:1734234)   #26
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Davidson has a good season for Super Aguri and Rubens has another shocker then we could have 2 Brits racing Honda's in '08.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 16:19 (Ref:1734236)   #27
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, he had three races and crashed out of two. A 66% crash rate.

It is hardly a fair comparison though, it has to be said!
Old 10 Oct 2006, 17:00 (Ref:1734271)   #28
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Davidson certainly deserves a shot considering all the hard work he's done at Honda the past couple of years, but is Super Aguri really the team you want to be starting out with? I don't think they're going to be any better next year than this year, even if they have this years Honda car as their own next year. They may mix it with the Spykers and Toro Rosso's but I can't see them going any higher yet.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 17:04 (Ref:1734278)   #29
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Better than tooling around Jerez every week I'd say. Rather more exciting.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 19:41 (Ref:1734446)   #30
Uncle
Rookie

Uncle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Well, he had three races and crashed out of two. A 66% crash rate.

It is hardly a fair comparison though, it has to be said!
two in a minardy with suspect power steering in his earliest days when he was asked to give everything and two laps in the honda which had oil failier .look at the previous 65 car races and see how they look.the lads a fighter just wait and see.(soon soon soon)!
Old 10 Oct 2006, 19:48 (Ref:1734458)   #31
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, soon
Old 10 Oct 2006, 20:39 (Ref:1734507)   #32
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yes, I was sticking up for Ant there Uncle, in my own way!

I am a fan of Ant and know how good he is.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 21:18 (Ref:1734539)   #33
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Right on mate, just don't push it too hard or he'll end up in NASCAR...
Old 11 Oct 2006, 09:57 (Ref:1734947)   #34
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I certainly hope Ant does get the seat in '07, he deserves it, plus it will give me 2 drivers to support next year (Ant and Hiekki)
Old 11 Oct 2006, 11:38 (Ref:1735059)   #35
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wasn't the seat meant to be announced at the Japanese weekend? Or am I getting confussed again?
Old 11 Oct 2006, 11:53 (Ref:1735084)   #36
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do hope Davidson gets an 07 seat, thats not me being bias cos i'm british and would like to see more british drivers (thou that would be good).

I think for F1 to remain interesting it needs new faces on the scene, BMW and Mclaren proved that by 'releasing' drivers and replacing them.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 11:56 (Ref:1735089)   #37
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I'm fairly certain it's a done deal. They would not have announced it in Japan, because that's not the time to tell the world that the concept of an all-japanese team is to be blown away. Brazil seems more likely to me.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 12:40 (Ref:1735137)   #38
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport, UK (and Leeds Uni)
Ryo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope Davidson does get the drive, of all the third drivers he's the most deserving of a crack at a full season IMHO, and it will be interesting to see how he fairs against Sato - hope Aguri are capable of running two cars at the same level. If this deal goes through, there could potentially be 5 Brits on the grid next year (DC, Button, Hamilton, Davidson, and maybe Paffett/Wheldon at Spyker) which would be the most since 1995 IIRC!
Old 11 Oct 2006, 12:42 (Ref:1735139)   #39
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
I'm fairly certain it's a done deal. They would not have announced it in Japan, because that's not the time to tell the world that the concept of an all-japanese team is to be blown away. Brazil seems more likely to me.
Maybe, but I think it's just more likely to be a planned schedule for the end of the season and the off-season tests.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 12:50 (Ref:1735150)   #40
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My comparison of crash/spin ratios was slightly tongue in cheek, I'm well aware that Taku has generally had better-handling cars in his races. 2007 will prove a lot, either way.

To be honest, 3 British drivers is enough for me, if they are all capable drivers who have the car they deserve. Ant or another would be a bonus, especially if he's as good as some suggest. Honda obviously believe in him to some extent, as he's been on their payroll for so long without any national bias.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 09:07 (Ref:1735958)   #41
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which tententher has been too busy talking to his local paper to talk to us !

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/head...12093853.shtml
Old 12 Oct 2006, 10:57 (Ref:1736044)   #42
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

That's the way to go !
Old 12 Oct 2006, 11:56 (Ref:1736111)   #43
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How old is AD now? he needs a full season, there's always the danger of becoming labeled as a good test driver but not a good racer which can lead to your career becoming stagnant, just look at Wurz.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 12:01 (Ref:1736121)   #44
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Who will be racing for Williams next season.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 12:39 (Ref:1736169)   #45
Uncle
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by josvandeperre
Which tententher has been too busy talking to his local paper to talk to us !

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/head...12093853.shtml
he says he has lost his password and cant find his way back on the forum
or maybe they dont need him any more!.poor rennen
Old 12 Oct 2006, 13:07 (Ref:1736193)   #46
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey 6 litre
How old is AD now?
He's 26. There's plenty of life in those old bones yet!
Old 12 Oct 2006, 14:47 (Ref:1736284)   #47
Uncle
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
He's 26. There's plenty of life in those old bones yet!
its spliting hairs but hes just turned 27 wish i was that young and talented.
its been a long hard road and hes there on talent !
Old 12 Oct 2006, 15:38 (Ref:1736327)   #48
Webslinger
Racer

Webslinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thinking about it a little more after reading what Boots said, did Davidson in fact crash out of those two races with Minardi, because of a mistake that he made?

Both 'offs' to my mind were the result of the Minardi lacking an effective power steering, which most cars had at the time, including the BAR that Davidson was familiar with. The Minardi quite simply lacked sufficient technical bits to go quick enough, and it struck back when it found a 'pedaller' in the seat who was trying to embarrass it... "What? You wanna go fast? Think again buddy!"

Playing devil's advocate can be fun sometimes...

Incidentally I have some 'off' stats from Davidson's pre-F1 days if anybody is interested? The most interesting one (probably) being the coming together that Davidson and Sato had at Donington in their F3 days in 2001. I had accreditation for that meeting and was on the inside of the hairpin at the time taking photographs. I fired the shutter just as Davidson swept down the inside of Sato. It is evident that Davidson had 'won' the corner, although Taku still turned in on him. No question at all that it was Sato's fault. I believe that at the time Sato thought the opposite... until he saw the photograph...
Old 23 Oct 2006, 07:16 (Ref:1745786)   #49
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm - all gone a bit quiet but hey from zero to the 7th & 9th fastest cars during the race in less than a year makes for a good foundation for whoever gets their second seat