Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 8 Nov 2006, 21:46 (Ref:1761156)   #26
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if you have a FF1600 rolling chassis for sale please can you PM. Only looking for Van Diemen.

Cheers
Old 9 Nov 2006, 09:33 (Ref:1761447)   #27
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the WHT does stay at silverstone you catch me there i'm afraid,the problem with the place is for us spectators there's too much run off which makes you miles away from the action perhaps i've been spoiled by all the years of spectating at Combe and being fairly close to the action Brands is also good for the spectator too so i'll be sticking with the carnival and the festival,silverstone maybe the home of british motorsport it certainly isn't for me,castle Combe will alway's be my no1
Old 9 Nov 2006, 09:53 (Ref:1761472)   #28
Steve Lowdon
Racer

England
Bracknell,Berkshire
Steve Lowdon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gixxer,Combe is great for both spectator & driver,but from a drivers point of view Silverstone is just special & i think the track lends itself better to the bigger event.Next year come over & join me.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 09:57 (Ref:1761477)   #29
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you're a FF1600 fan, you are mad to deny yourself the opportunity of watching the best event of all just because you happen not to like the circuit from a spectator point of view. Neither do I, but it hasn't put me off.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 10:08 (Ref:1761497)   #30
Alan Hamilton
Racer

Northern Ireland
Stockbridge, Hampshire
Alan Hamilton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I personaly enjoy Silverstone as you can really push yourself and the car with the safety of large gravel pits. It allows you to find the limit of your car with a large safety margin, unlike Combe where Tower, Camp and Quarry will really bite you when you explore the limit.

Have also found that after runnng at Silverstone my lap times at Combe always get better.

Can't wait until the new season to see if I have improved again.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 11:31 (Ref:1761555)   #31
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
I personaly enjoy Silverstone as you can really push yourself and the car with the safety of large gravel pits. It allows you to find the limit of your car with a large safety margin, unlike Combe where Tower, Camp and Quarry will really bite you when you explore the limit.

Have also found that after runnng at Silverstone my lap times at Combe always get better.

Can't wait until the new season to see if I have improved again.
I have to agree with your statement Alan silverstone is safer,improve your times yes but you had the win so at least you can say i won at the combe.

Ian yes i quite agree the WHT is proberly the best fford meeting of the year i know it sounds daft but i need to enjoy the atmosphere as well as the circuit combe and brands provide both where as silverstone just seemed bleak featureless still maybe next year i'll bite the bullet

Thanks for the offer steve if your're racing at combe next year i'll come and have a chat
Old 9 Nov 2006, 11:52 (Ref:1761566)   #32
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can assure you that the atmosphere at Silverstone was among the best of the year!
Old 9 Nov 2006, 13:27 (Ref:1761644)   #33
Steve Lowdon
Racer

England
Bracknell,Berkshire
Steve Lowdon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ian,i must say i agree with you 100%,the atmosphere was amazing & everyone there was just spot on,can't believe the weeks gone by so quickly,this time last week i was like a kid at Christmas.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 17:37 (Ref:1761806)   #34
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer
... i quite agree the WHT is proberly the best fford meeting of the year i know it sounds daft but i need to enjoy the atmosphere as well as the circuit combe and brands provide both where as silverstone just seemed bleak featureless still maybe next year i'll bite the bullet
gixxer, I'm not that fond of Silverstone either as a spectator, did the event last year anyhow. Couldn't this year.
At first I felt a bit lost on the track because of the huge runoff, but after the second or so heat that FF1600 bug got me (as usual) and I was feeling quickly at home. Didn't regret it a bit. You run into so many people you know, that it is almost like being on your home track.
Now the Sunday was another matter, but that wasn't Silverstone's fault, was it?

I can only say: do it, you only live once.

And I'm going to be there next year even if they have to carry me! Or if it is on another track, or another planet....

Oh, that is where I come from.