Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 10 Nov 2006, 19:16 (Ref:1762915)   #1
shanecoopers
Rookie

shanecoopers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FVee getting started

Hi All,
Sorry if this has already been covered, I am new to this forum. Anyway I am thinking of getting into racing in the Irish Formula Vee series next season, Budget permiting. I was hoping that someone could give me a rough idea of the running costs involved and the cost of getting setup initaly.
Thanks in advance
Shane
Old 11 Nov 2006, 14:09 (Ref:1763441)   #2
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Can't help with costs Shane, but have you see the offer on the Formula Sheane website that will set you up with a full Vee race day? Good way to dip your driver booties in the water...
Old 11 Nov 2006, 14:57 (Ref:1763468)   #3
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And here's the link: http://www.formulasheane.com/site/in...id=56&Itemid=0
Old 14 Nov 2006, 14:54 (Ref:1765987)   #4
daveheavey62
Rookie

daveheavey62 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shane, if you get the chance email my dad, Paul at leastone@eircom.net. We have some second hand options available as well as some deals on new chassis. He'll be happy to answer any kind of questions you have.

Our website might be of some use too: www.leastoneracing.com
Old 20 Nov 2006, 21:43 (Ref:1770955)   #5
Kershaw
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin
Kershaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I run Vees quite successfully (Rookie champions 2006 ), and your basic costs will be this.
1 - Car cost, for a good one , about 6000 euro.
2 - Each race will cost you 195eu in Mondello, or 100stg in Kirky.
3 - A test day will cost 230eu for full day in Mondello, 130 for half day
Or 95Stg in Kirky.
4 - Tyres cost about 600eu a set, one set should do for the year, maybe
2 if you are hard on them.
5 - Petrol will cost about 60eu per weekend.

Typically 1 championship year is 10 rounds. 4 in Mondello, 4 in Kirky plus 2 in UK.
Hope this helps.
Old 22 Nov 2006, 19:49 (Ref:1772515)   #6
AWR
Rookie

Ireland
Old Ross
AWR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Shane
costs are exactly as described by Mr. Kershaw. I would suggest keeping a look out for access to a camper, if you can, as they can save you dough on B&B's, and the craic is usually fantastic at the track on race weekends!
I know of a few cars for sale, etc if you're on the lookout, so give me a shout if you're interested.
I bought a car from a shed in Mayo. Had great fun stripping & rebuilding it, and won the Rookie championship first time out in 2005!
Old 26 Nov 2006, 19:48 (Ref:1775406)   #7
VFR
Rookie

Ireland
VFR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shane, Costs are as qouted by Stephen. But and a big but, in your first year unless you have a top flight car and are very very quick you won't be at the front. If thats where you want to be you will strive to be there, and that will mean if you think your car is deficient you are going to spend money on top of the budget qouted. On the other hand if you find yourself midfield and are happy just to have a good race , (which at the end of the day all of us are) fair dues, it won't cost you any more. Hope you enjoy your racing Vees are a great class!