Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Dec 2006, 07:31 (Ref:1792519)   #26
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gee I wnted the clever ones to work it out..

George also went very well,not sure of his plans next year though. Did not chat with him much. I must say that Andrew still has the goods, the quick laps in the hire car where very impressive.
Old 17 Dec 2006, 12:09 (Ref:1792752)   #27
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Kurt Wimmer won a development series round in his first year in that contest. There are some blokes who have spent half a dozen years in that class who havent managed that feat.

I dont think your attempt at "passing off" is working too well.
You may notice GTRMagic that I put forward a question, rather than making a statement of fact. Thankfully I did, as it appears I must have had another driver in mind other than Kurt.

And may you clarify what you mean by saying my "passing off" isn't working too well? Trust me, my wife says when I pass off it is working very well.

And to add to the test sessions for new drivers I hear young George is having a nother test next week as well as a guy from ENZUD in the ex White ute.
Old 17 Dec 2006, 21:30 (Ref:1793081)   #28
Harves
Racer

Tonga
Melbourne
Harves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I here a mate of pete55's might be testing in the new year, more detail as they come to hand.

Speaking off young lions there a not so young one also looking at a drive...guess who?
Old 17 Dec 2006, 22:05 (Ref:1793124)   #29
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Harves, i don't have any mates.
Old 17 Dec 2006, 22:11 (Ref:1793128)   #30
Also a Believer
Veteran

I heard that Pete. Thought it was only a rumour though.
Merry Christmas old man.
Old 17 Dec 2006, 22:12 (Ref:1793129)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiMagic
You may notice GTRMagic that I put forward a question, rather than making a statement of fact. Thankfully I did, as it appears I must have had another driver in mind other than Kurt.

And may you clarify what you mean by saying my "passing off" isn't working too well? Trust me, my wife says when I pass off it is working very well.

And to add to the test sessions for new drivers I hear young George is having a nother test next week as well as a guy from ENZUD in the ex White ute.
There's always one in a barrel....

Your user name wouldnt happen to be an attempt at "passing off" now would it?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Dec 2006, 22:24 (Ref:1793134)   #32
Also a Believer
Veteran

Bit hard tp pass off as you GTR. Although he could do worse. Merry xmas to you also Sir oderator.
Old 17 Dec 2006, 22:35 (Ref:1793141)   #33
Harves
Racer

Tonga
Melbourne
Don't worry GTR, it doesn't have nearly the same ring to it.....oh bugger I'm out of "push to pass off"
Old 17 Dec 2006, 22:41 (Ref:1793143)   #34
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Also a Believer
I heard that Pete. Thought it was only a rumour though.
Merry Christmas old man.
Thanks AAB. Same to you an your family too.
Old 17 Dec 2006, 23:38 (Ref:1793165)   #35
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
There's always one in a barrel....

Your user name wouldnt happen to be an attempt at "passing off" now would it?
And sometimes two...

No attempt to pass off, just liked your username, but like Suzuki GTi's more than Skyline GTR's! I'm here to be friendly and talk motorsport GTRMagic, so try not to be so sensitive and think that it's all about you.

You often put forward informed and useful information and manage to articulate it in a way that makes the reader think. Please don't lower yourself to accusing a new forum member of merely "passing off" as someone else. As I said in the other thread, if it makes you feel better I will change my user name.
Old 18 Dec 2006, 01:09 (Ref:1793198)   #36
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Kurt Wimmer won a development series round in his first year in that contest. There are some blokes who have spent half a dozen years in that class who havent managed that feat.
Wimmer may well be the special talent many of you guys say he is (I don't think we have seen enough of him to really tell yet though), but please stick to something remotely factual when praising his past achievements.

Wimmer has never won a round of the Development Series. He won the reverse grid race 2 at Queensland Raceway in 2004. A rather different achievement to winning a round in my opinion........
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 18 Dec 2006, 01:52 (Ref:1793209)   #37
Also a Believer
Veteran

YOU ARE 100%RIGHT IN THAT XR AND THOSE ARE THE FACTS. HOWEVER THERE STILL ARE PLENTY OF GUYS IN THE FIELD THAT HAVE HAD MANY SEASONS AND HAVE NOT ACHIEVED ANY OF THAT. rEVERSE OR NOT.
I DONT THINK THAT PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO BUILD HIM TO SOMETHING HE IS NOT, ITS MORE THAT MANYOF US ARE HAPPY TO SEE HIM BEHIND THE WHEEL AGAIN AND HOPEFULLY MOVING FORWARD. PETE WILL TELL YOU HE IS A GREAT KID AND SHOULD DO OK. A FEW THINGS STILL NEED TO FALL INTO A ROW FOR HIM FOR THIS TO HAPPEN THOUGH. FINGERS CROSSED.
Old 18 Dec 2006, 03:26 (Ref:1793241)   #38
Harves
Racer

Tonga
Melbourne