Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 6 Jan 2007, 21:58 (Ref:1808477)   #1
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Your favourite race last season?

Its the off season, no better way then to talk about the racing last season.

Which was the best race?

Surfers Paradise? Unpredictability left, right and centre. Will Power leading home race, Bourdais takes him out. Some great overtaking moves. Good close battles throughout the pack. Young Nelson win his first race. AJ's last ever Champ Car race.

Mexico City? Buddy Rice made debut. Just one caution period and that was at the start. Rain mid race, difficult conditions yet no mistakes so great driving from all the drivers. Lots of close and hard racing that we've come to expect from Mexico City. Throughout the race Wilson and Bourdais battle it out. Wilson when he broke a bone in his hand. Bourdais on last lap on drying track makes a late lunge at the bottom hairpin and snatches the lead for the win.

Road America? Great to see the greatest circuit in America back. Such an enjoyable race. Good passing and racing. AJ beats Sebastien in the later stages. Katherine Legge was having a great race in the top 5 but then had that horrific crash when her rear wing failed at the fastest part of the circuit on the back stretches. Thankfully OK.

Cleveland? Crazy race. Many incidents. Many retirements. I think AJ won. Mario tries to pass Dan Clarke on last lap but both collide. Dale Coyne nearly got that podium.

San Jose? Crazy overtaking moves considering a tight street circuit. Fabulous transformation considering what happened last year. Many daring moves into turn 1 and many places. PT and Tagliani's fight after PT did a Bone headed move when pulling out of an escape road..da Matta 2nd in probably his last Champ Car race for quite some time. Dan Clarke doing very good with the leaders keeping Bourdais honest until his engine failed.

Milwaukee was exciting. So were Toronto as well and especially Denver. When Paul Tracy took out Bourdais on the last lap at the last corner. Denver, great race. Montreal for those that saw it, drama in the terrible wet conditions....

Despite Bourdais' early season dominance the rest of the year was some of the best open wheel road course racing I have ever seen.
One of the best lively and heart beating seasons for a while...

What was your favourite race?
Old 6 Jan 2007, 22:28 (Ref:1808490)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I enjoyed Denver and Mexico City most.

Denver had a race in which the pace advantage swung between different contenders, Bourdais, Wilson, Allmendinger and a recovering Paul Tracy, who was fighting back from a first corner altercation. Then there was the last lap drama between Tracy and Bourdais and the silly bout of handbags this entailed.

Mexico City was a thriller with a last lap victory in damp conditions. Can't ask for more really.
Old 8 Jan 2007, 06:29 (Ref:1809301)   #3
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mexico City. It had everything. A proper track, proper duel, dry/rain and big crowd.
Old 8 Jan 2007, 11:19 (Ref:1809460)   #4
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i liked Sufers Will (my favourite driver) getting pole was awsome andleading home race until Bourdais took him out made me want to jump through my tv and punch his lights out, and then wouldn't take the blame for his mistakes made me angryer, but the racing was still great and i enjoyed it, i also liked Mexico Will getting his first podium and Ryan (my equal favourite with Will) just missing out due to a blowout.
Old 8 Jan 2007, 13:54 (Ref:1809623)   #5
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would choose Surfer's.
I wasn't screaming at the television in any other race this year except for that one.
Old 9 Jan 2007, 01:21 (Ref:1810088)   #6
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to say,and for Nelsonsurfer's was the best race of the season,for a number of reasons,the main one is that i was there to witness power's takin his first pole in the series and almost winning his home race.and for Nelson winning his first champcar race.
Old 10 Jan 2007, 02:17 (Ref:1810910)   #7
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any chance of a poll being added mods?
Old 12 Jan 2007, 06:24 (Ref:1812970)   #8
Steve Carter
Racer

Australia
New England District NSW
Steve Carter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More for our US/Canadian members - was sent the dvd program today of 'Woman Driver - The Katherine Legge Story' - anyone seen the program over there - appeciate any feedback.
Old 13 Jan 2007, 02:35 (Ref:1813791)   #9
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
México City was good, except for that dopey chicane to avoid the Peratalda(sp) in all it's glory. Road America was my favourite though, just love that track!
Old 17 Jan 2007, 08:02 (Ref:1817217)   #10
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surfers Paradise, 'cause it's the only one I watched.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 17 Jan 2007, 15:27 (Ref:1817640)   #11
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
tut tut chatters.