Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Feb 2007, 00:07 (Ref:1850216)   #1
Red_Mist
Rookie

Red_Mist should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stronger Rick Kelly/TOLL/HRT supporter then ever before?

Firstly, please do not delete this moderator’s! I get that you may think that this topic could get ugly, however I do not intend for this happen! If it does, feel free to lock/delete it.

Now…back on topic.

Are you a stronger Rick Kelly/TOLL/HRT supporter then ever before?
I know I am!

I always was one, but due to the reaction/bashing (whatever you want to call it) from (some of) the Ford supporters on this forum & a few others, I will go into the 2007 season a MUCH more supportive TOLL/HRT Fan than ever before!

For starters, Rick Kelly didn't hit anyone all season! He then hits Lowndes in 1 race:

1) Rick's telemetry showed that he braked earlier than he ever had previously.
2) Rick's telemetry also showed that he broke harder than any previous lap.
3) Video Footage also showed that Rick had a huge run on Lowndes & then Craig went over to block him in the braking zone.

Lowdnes on the other hand:

1) ROUND 1. Hit Cameron McConville in Race 2, Adelaide when Cameron was leading the motor race. As a result, McConville's race was over.

2) ROUND 2. Pukekohe, Craig ran Rick Kelly onto the dirt in Race 2. Craig was given a drive through penalty.

3) ROUND 3. Tander passed Craig cleanly on the final turn. So Craig then hit Tander off the track & into the pit entrance. It was a brilliant save by Tander and had he not saved it, it would have been a HUGE accident. The very next corner Lowndes hit Murphy off the road (although I don't think Murph saw him), sending Murphy to the rear of the grid.

4) Round 10, Indy. Craig hit Jason Richards while going over 200km/h into turn 1. Again, Craig was soooo lucky that Jason probably did the save of his career in keeping his No. 3 Tasman Motorsport car off the concrete walls! Had Jason not pulled off the perfect save, his car would have been completely smashed up & Jason would have been lucky to walk out of that car. Subsequently, if that happened Craig Lowndes would have been in alot of trouble more hitting him like that.

5) Round 11. Tasmania, Race 2. In the wet race Craig hits Rick Kelly hard at the end of the back straight. Rick's whole car gets completely sideways, but again luckily for Craig Lowndes, Rick saved it (I don't know how.... watch the replay for yourself). So again Craig Lowndes was a lucky little man who got off squeaky clean.

Oh & one last point I want to make. For all the 'racing fans' on this forum, when Rick was told that he won't need the car next year, I think it is pretty obvious what that meant.
You know when you race, in order to extract better lap times you have to push the car to its limits within the track...run wide & you can write your car off...
That's what racers have to do. Greater risks will often result in greater rewards in this sport.
So "we don't need this car anymore next year" actually means, 'Push your car, on this track, to its absolute limits Rick, because if you push too hard, it doesn't matter if you crash the car. What matters is that you pushed it to its limits'.

Rick Kelly has been the victim of injustice!

& There has been a huge bias towards Craig Lowndes!

Roll on the 2007 season & I hope that there is great racing & that people move on from what happened at the end of the 2006 season. For all of the people wearing Tool T-shirts at Clipsal...well, good for you! I personally think that you have an unhealthy obsession with Craig (or Rick for that matter) & need to maybe focus on/devote that time to areas that will further improve your life, instead of this BS. I am proud knowing that us Holden fans can handle a hell of a lot more than most Ford fans & also knowing that we would not be deeply hurt emotionally over such an issue!

TOLL/HRT in 2007

Go get 'em boys!

So now looking at things for what they really are & most importantly taking into consideration that Rick Kelly was probably one of the cleanest racers all year, up until the final Race, in which the poor guy made a very small error...please don't tell me that the Rick bashing, Tool wearing T-Shirt people is really an act of fair treatment & justice!
Old 24 Feb 2007, 02:32 (Ref:1850258)   #2
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Good for you Dave
Old 24 Feb 2007, 02:40 (Ref:1850262)   #3
evshez28
Rookie

evshez28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The best thing i have had the pleasure of reading, well done Red_Mist
Old 24 Feb 2007, 02:49 (Ref:1850264)   #4
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Delete this post.

I think its about 3 months delayed.
Old 24 Feb 2007, 02:53 (Ref:1850265)   #5
racin jason
Rookie

racin jason should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You have too much time on your hands(amongst other things!) Dave!
Old 24 Feb 2007, 02:53 (Ref:1850266)   #6
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hmm.........where was this bloke in December 2006? Some mighty insightful comments there (that anyone here knew nothing about).
Old 24 Feb 2007, 03:25 (Ref:1850282)   #7
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I really feel for you Red Mist really I do.
Take off you red misted glasses please.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 24 Feb 2007, 03:36 (Ref:1850284)   #8
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it took 3 months to write that?
Old 24 Feb 2007, 04:34 (Ref:1850295)   #9
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Sob, sob ... I'm so emotional ... I think my life is about to change forever. I have seen the light. Thank you Dave - I am moving to a Tibetan monastery and dedicating my life to righting the injustices of the world. I have prioritised them as follows:

1. Assure the world that Rick Kelly is in fact human and has stopped breast feeding (last week). Assure them also that he has won a race - his mum reports that he beat his neighbor in a billy-cart race at Mildura in 1989.
2. Assure the world that Rick and his team did not deliberately try to sabotage Craig Lowndes. It was all a misunderstanding - Silly Tander really DID have a throttle problem, Todd Kelly's foot slipped in Turn 2 causing him to get off the gas and baulk Lowndes (unintentionally) and Skaife, despite all his experience, really didnt know Lowndes was beside him at the hayshed and accidentally ran him off the road. And Rick really is a master driver being able to pass both Tander at Skaife in the one corner on SHEER ABILITY.
3. Assure the world that Craig Lowndes is the real culprit. New photographic evidence shows that it was really him the almost killed Jason Bright at Surfers - he had cunningly painted his car up like Kellys - the b@stard.
4. Peace in the Middle East
5. Bringing Osama Bin Laden to justice
6. Global warming
7. Peace in Iraq
8. Solving El Nino and stopping the Australian drought
9. Peace in Afghanistan
10. Peace in Africa.

Yes, the Deekster is a converted man. And to all you wearers of HSV Cheater shirts, we have new ones available:

"Rally Around Rick"
"Lowndes ... Should His Number be 666?"
"Rick - From Villain to Victim - by Dave" this could be a best seller
"HSV - Us against the WORLD"
Old 24 Feb 2007, 04:40 (Ref:1850296)   #10
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
sorry Red Mist we have been down this road before.

it just gets ugly as was seen 3 months ago and as you can see by the replies not all of the punters agree with you , which is fine but we are not gonna start the argument all over again
Closed Thread