Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 13 Mar 2007, 15:09 (Ref:1865624)   #1
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Barnhart Replaced as COO

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/indycar/35913/

So Barnhart will not be COO anymore, but he'll still be president of all racing operations and competition. It's often difficult for outsiders to view how one does a job, but he's struck me as a pretty decent guy. It doesn't sound like he knows a lot about what it takes to be good at a COO position, he even admits it himself! It sounds like half the forum membership would be more qualified than Barnhart was when he began doing the job. If anything this seems to say more about TG than Barnhart.

Thoughts?
Old 13 Mar 2007, 19:59 (Ref:1865823)   #2
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think it does say alot about TG, he was the driving force behind all of this really, sure ART was screwed up and no one agreed on any of this really.
anyway
barnhart was a real chmpion for the IRL, he lived and breathed it, but having your heart in the right place doesn't make a good Chief.
I think his misteps were in the alienation and poo pooing of every other series, the devlopment ladder was poor, the IRL didn't ever offically align itself with USAC again I don't believe. This was in barnhart's court wasn't it... and promotions- IRL has squat when it is in town- the best promoted race beside the 500, i think would be the Chicago race in cicero, before this was canned and that was largely Ganassi as he owned the track or part of it, and it was on every Chicago city bus, way to go- it was packed.
isn't a COO supposed to monitor and make sure operations of every department coincides with the vision?
TG had a great yesman and inner supporter of the series, but someone who didn't connect with what or where/who he was selling to, or even what for- now the France family have an organization which knows what to do...I understand Brian's replacement comes from yonder... hmm.
Old 15 Mar 2007, 22:28 (Ref:1867726)   #3
Team Owner
Racer

Team Owner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barnhardt is a pretty good Chief Steward and not bad on fueling IndyCars but as for business the only thing he can promote is himself Self absorbed people are usually that way.
Old 16 Mar 2007, 04:19 (Ref:1867925)   #4
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^ Any chance that you could elaborate on some of the promotional deficencies?