Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 15 Mar 2007, 02:26 (Ref:1866933)   #1
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
RFK Staduim Revision.

Here's an edit of the Washington D.C. RFK Stadium course. Since this street course was in a carpark, I could freely edit it, and not have any real street constraints. Due to that fact, almost the entire track was redone. the only parts of the track that were left untouched, are the final two corners, and the straightaway that is now named "Kennedy Straight." The lap begins on the curved front "straight," which leads you either into the chicane for the open wheel cars, or straight into the double right hander, known as "Adams" for the closed fender cars. After Adams, out accelerate down a short straight, through a right hand kink, and onto the Kennedy Straight. The end of this straight is the fastest point on the course. T3 is a 2nd gear right hander, followed by T4, also a second gear corner, however, this one is a left hander, one of only four on the course. After this, you blast down another short straight, into a left hand kink, and then you enter the Lincoln complex. Aptly named due to the shape of the two corners from above, resembling President Lincoln's trademark tophat. After the Lincoln complex, you go down another blindingly quick straighaway, into a double-left hander, both of which are taken in 5th gear. However, after the second, or, during the second for the open-wheel cars, you must jam on the brakes, for Washington Corner, a 3rd gear right hander. After this, you go into another right hand turn, which leads you onto a short chute, into the final corner, Roosevelt. After Roosevelt, you black back onto the front "straight" and accelerate back towards Adams. That was one lap of the new RFK Stadium circuit.

As you can see, all the named parts of the track is named after famous US Presidents, to really give the feel you are in the nation's capital.

Here is the original version of the track.

Thank you for your viewing pleasure, and I hope you enjoy!

Cheers,
Matt.

Last edited by Matt; 15 Mar 2007 at 02:32.
Old 15 Mar 2007, 05:09 (Ref:1866962)   #2
Flaming_Wuzzle
Racer

United States
a house
Flaming_Wuzzle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See, the problem with this edit is, yes, it was in a car park, but there are boundaries to it. The original circuit was run on basically the outside edge of the car park, so any edits you make to that have to lie inside of that, or else you'd be going out onto the streets and such. That, and there's a railway going through it, which is why that hairpin in the middle is there. All in all, there are a lot of things you have to consider before making an edit of the RFK Stadium track.
Old 15 Mar 2007, 10:04 (Ref:1867123)   #3
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Despite all that the circuit looks good!
Old 16 Mar 2007, 21:05 (Ref:1868547)   #4
Baritone2400
Racer

United States
Washington,DC
Baritone2400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
please dont remind me, as i still pass the former circiut on the way to work. but i will say unfortunaly your edit is not possible( there's a street, and a small football field there) i still keep hope alive for a Mid-atlantic racing circuit.