Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 24 Jun 2007, 21:27 (Ref:1945753)   #51
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good weekend despite the weather.

Well done MGCC...roll on Cadwell!
Old 24 Jun 2007, 22:20 (Ref:1945811)   #52
vw_nut
Veteran

England
hereford
vw_nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well my first time at this one and had a good mostly weather just made the drivers have to work harder and huge round of appluase to the zt that drifted loads on the saturday
Old 25 Jun 2007, 07:31 (Ref:1946041)   #53
David J
Rookie

England
David J should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yet another great MG weekend . Thanks to John and his team for the marshals BBQ and no problems camping. Roll on the next one.

Did it rain??????????????????????????????
Old 25 Jun 2007, 14:40 (Ref:1946361)   #54
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a great weekend despite the weathers attempts to upset everyone, not too much writing observing maggots is a lonely job. wow what enormous grids, shame the heritage 45 only managed 39 cars for the race but it was great seeing all those special and famous MGB's racing would have been awesome if the track had been dry. Here's hoping the 3 weeks till MGCC at Cadwell fly by.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 15:05 (Ref:1946378)   #55
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, and that MGRV8 course car went like butter off a hot knife. Shame they wanted it back!!
Old 25 Jun 2007, 17:58 (Ref:1946560)   #56
sunny.traveller
Racer

sunny.traveller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive
Yep, and that MGRV8 course car went like butter off a hot knife. Shame they wanted it back!!
Could this be because your "Royal wave" wasn't up to standard??
Old 25 Jun 2007, 19:40 (Ref:1946656)   #57
Mik
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
Mik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, great weekend. Never had so much racing (or so much weather!) in one weekend. Three test sessions Friday plus qualifying and racing on both Saturday and Sunday. I'm still recovering!

Many thanks to all those who were out there braving the elements and keeping an eye on us all. The flag wavers in particular seemed to be kept busy! Hope we managed to provide enough entertainment for you all.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 20:38 (Ref:1946706)   #58
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny.traveller
Could this be because your "Royal wave" wasn't up to standard??
What do you mean? You got five fingers!!
Old 25 Jun 2007, 20:43 (Ref:1946713)   #59
John Watson
Racer

England
Burgh on Bain - Lincolnshire
John Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The words 'Thank You' seem so inadequate to convey the message from Dave Saunders, Race Director of the MG Car Club, and myself, of our most grateful and sincere thanks for the absolutely fantastic support and assistance given by so many Marshals last weekend, (with an average of 200 Marshals over the 2 days). This fact ensured that we had a most successful and enjoyable Race Meeting. Which, by the way, was a Club record with over 600 race entries!

Although the weather was atrocious, your enthusiasm and dedication, in very trying conditions, ensured that a very 'tight' timetable ran to time and this was directly due to your expertise and willingness to do a most professional job, it was a credit to you all, and greatly appreciated.

Good racing, good grids, good company, Old Speckled Hen, (I even got a bottle from Clive!!!!!), pity about the rain, but were you "bovered"? It didn't seem to be the case. You made the best of it, and I hope you all enjoyed the weekend.

If you didn't attend, you missed a great Race Meeting, however we will probably do it all again next year just for you.

'Thank You' one and all.

See you at Cadwell Park on July14th.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 20:53 (Ref:1946722)   #60
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Well John, you know how it is, we'd like to say it was a pleasure, but in all truth that would an understatement. Seeing things from the 'other side' for the first time in reality brings home just how much you do for all the marshals, and it's a credit to you that there is such a good turnout, so I'll raise my glass just once more and toast you for what you do!!

maybe others will too?
Old 25 Jun 2007, 21:07 (Ref:1946740)   #61
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Couldn't have put it better Clive. Well said.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 21:21 (Ref:1946761)   #62
IAN #51
Racer

England
WALSALL WEST MIDS
IAN #51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a quick word of thanks to you guys and girls in orange and the fantastic job you do/did especially the recovery work you did on the two cars i managed to break on the weekend once again thanks.

Ian (driver 2 in the Vittesse that snapped the halfshaft)
Old 25 Jun 2007, 21:24 (Ref:1946765)   #63
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN #51
Just a quick word of thanks to you guys and girls in orange and the fantastic job you do/did especially the recovery work you did on the two cars i managed to break on the weekend once again thanks.

Ian (driver 2 in the Vittesse that snapped the halfshaft)
Hi Ian. You visited us on Sunday. Quite spectacular the way you spun in midair
Old 25 Jun 2007, 21:53 (Ref:1946799)   #64
IAN #51
Racer

England
WALSALL WEST MIDS
IAN #51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trust me not as spectacular as my underwear after the spin! luckily the cars owner was very understanding.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 22:17 (Ref:1946821)   #65
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN #51
Trust me not as spectacular as my underwear after the spin!
not sure I want that mental image!
Old 26 Jun 2007, 09:08 (Ref:1947064)   #66
NiG_21
Racer

United Kingdom
Shepperton, Middlesex
NiG_21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks from us too...

A big thank you for all your hard work throughout the weekend on behalf of all the Triumph racers. The best meeting we attend all year....
great racing all weekend enduro length championship races, great company... oh wow! I need my bed now...

Last edited by NiG_21; 26 Jun 2007 at 09:11.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 10:08 (Ref:1947110)   #67
Gridlock
Racer

England
Buckinghamshire
Gridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great Weekend and thanks John and Clive for the welcome back. It was great to soak up the MG hospitality again. Pity I couldnt spend more time on the social side but couldnt face a wet tent.
My biggest thanks go to the guys and girls who spend so much time and money in getting these old cars ready to perform for our entertainment and drive them to the limit. The whole meeting was certainly great teamwork.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 15:03 (Ref:1947313)   #68
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Many thanks to all the marshals and officials. Must admit the weather made each lap seem like it was on a different track!

Well done to you all.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 15:22 (Ref:1947327)   #69
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame it was wet I would have liked to have seen the capri at its best on a dry track (I was at Maggots on sunday), By the way it is beautifully prepared shame I was too busy during off times to get to see it close up.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 16:31 (Ref:1947391)   #70
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for the kond words, the International circuit in the dry is one of my favourite circuits. Maggotts can be taken flat and you can leave any braking for Ireland until after Becketts. But in the wet its anybody's guess as your colleagues at Ireland will tell you, I had some interesting moments there.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 19:01 (Ref:1947505)   #71
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Glad you had an "interesting" time Peter, sorry I didn't get a chance to come and see you Sunday.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 19:55 (Ref:1947557)   #72
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sincere thanks to all the marshals at Silverstone - I had a great weekend, getting more track time in my Triumph than I normally do, in the enduro races. We were lucky in getting mostly dry races, but we could shelter under gazebos when it rained - most marshals are out there. Thanks.

And to the marshals at Brooklands - my apologies for overtaking under a yellow. No excuses.

John (No.75 Silverback)