Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Jun 2007, 23:11 (Ref:1948605)   #26
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaksnaf
One other thing that I did notice, was when the leading duo in Super TT crossed the line to take the chequered flag they continued to race towards turn 1, overtaking the leading group of HQs (towards the end of the main straight) who were STILL racing (as they hadn't seen the chequered flag), and the Super TT runners decided that they would slow right down and have their cool down lap right in front of the battling HQs.... effectively ending their race one lap short as drivers concerned thought the race was over.

Seemed a bit careless from the Super TT runners.

That is a shocking breach of common sense and bad sportsmanship.No one ever said that race drivers have to have any brains!
Old 28 Jun 2007, 01:03 (Ref:1948639)   #27
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Improved Production were unlucky with the amount of mechanical retirements that transpired over the weekend. Even those who finished were struggling, like Zourkas with his brakes.
It has been a shocking year for mechanicals in IP, a couple didn't even make it past Friday, myself and a brand new motor included. The depth wasn't as good as normal either, but that happens when we have 3 meetings close together. Shame about McKay's motor after the win in race 3, still it went out with a bang. And how about Newman in race 4, back of the grid to first by turn 2, gee Ford V8's sound good.
Quote:
Super TT carnage was because of a Mitsubishi going 50kmph quicker into T1 and then firing into Aitken's HQ. Was an unfortunate end to boths weekend. And Aitken will have a hard time fixing his car before Sandown.
I understood there was a 3rd car invloved, which is why they Evo went cross country. I think the HQ would have been written off a couple of years ago, as it stands it will still be a hard fix. Evo = Donald Ducked.
Quote:
Two competitors were relieved when they found out what their penalty for jumping the start was. A trip down Calder pit-lane is a lot longer than 5 seconds.
What sort of penalty is going from Pole to P2? I agree with the concept, but the execution meant it was not a penalty in Munro's case.
Quote:
But I must say, some of those Saloons were going hard at it, saw a few get turned around. And Coon had a huge save when he lost it down the back straight when trying to go on the inside of someone at the flip flop. Pretty lucky, and he even won the round!
Great to see, him going hard, and then still passed about 5 cars before then end
Quote:
The only thing that some had a problem with, was the witches hats. They know why they were there, but they thought perhaps a different method was needed, like dropping the white powdered dust forming a line around the last corner and down main straight instead of having witches hats, still shows where not to go, except it allows you to run wide and pass slower cars with more ease down the main straight - especially during an important session such as qualifying.
Still, the fastest IP lap for the weekend was in the 'effected' race, also a new class record. So I would suggest the fastest line is not the 'natural' line. even itn the dry the change in traction is quite astonishing, on Friday I could feel the car jump 4 foot sideways changing form 2nd to 3rd.. and that is with 4WD!
Can't wait until Russell re-instates the old straight, though it will be a couple of years away yet.

Another good event overall, if not personally.
Old 28 Jun 2007, 10:00 (Ref:1948851)   #28
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
MPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Super TT carnage was because of a Mitsubishi going 50kmph quicker into T1 and then firing into Aitken's HQ. Was an unfortunate end to boths weekend. And Aitken will have a hard time fixing his car before Sandown.

Shame about that, HQ parts are getting hard to find.