Other (please specify) 2 1.89%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Jul 2007, 18:05 (Ref:1952622)   #51
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kubica for returning from that horrendous crash, and Massa for being number one all weekend, except in the final standings.
Old 2 Jul 2007, 18:10 (Ref:1952634)   #52
locco
Rookie

locco has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Fernando, he drove like the driver of the race should drive, but his strategy failed him :/ also Kubica solid solid race.
Old 2 Jul 2007, 19:07 (Ref:1952703)   #53
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kubica drove a solid race, but is the fact he returned from the accident significant? The accident fortunately didn't affect him much in the first place, so I don't think this is too much of a relevant point.
Old 2 Jul 2007, 19:35 (Ref:1952723)   #54
CDK 7
Racer

United Kingdom
kings lynn
CDK 7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
kubica for me to good drive also kimi solid return to form
Old 2 Jul 2007, 21:01 (Ref:1952826)   #55
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great courage - deserves reward.
Old 2 Jul 2007, 23:44 (Ref:1952941)   #56
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus
His car was damaged!
yeah, i was probably a bit harsh in my criticism of the lad...
Old 3 Jul 2007, 07:41 (Ref:1953089)   #57
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to give it Hamilton only because of his move of the race on Kubica. Kubica gets 2nd for a great comeback.
Old 3 Jul 2007, 08:33 (Ref:1953131)   #58
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Raikkonen did everything he had to to win, and did it perfectly. He will have been told "jump lewis and follow felipe" and he did. "make up 2 seconds while felipe pits" he did, "make up another 2 secs and we'll do him" and he did.
Top job, Kimi.

I agree with the "why heikki" discussion, not that he is there.

idiot of the race? Arnold Trolley for taking out mr kovaleinen. "it was my fault" he said. No ****.

Last edited by Knowlesy; 3 Jul 2007 at 18:30.
Old 3 Jul 2007, 12:37 (Ref:1953370)   #59
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
Kubica drove a solid race, but is the fact he returned from the accident significant? The accident fortunately didn't affect him much in the first place, so I don't think this is too much of a relevant point.
Concur.
Old 3 Jul 2007, 13:17 (Ref:1953400)   #60
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
I agree too. Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't understand why he deserves DotR for having returned quickly from an accident. All it means is that thankfully he wasn't as badly injured as we all thought and that's primarily due to the strength of the car and luck.
Old 3 Jul 2007, 19:35 (Ref:1953664)   #61
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
picked the kimster

for sure FM got unlucky with the backmarkers after his 2nd stop, but Kimi did put in the laps to make his 2nd stint work to his advantage.

also we have to be pleased that he didnt fall asleep during the race
Old 3 Jul 2007, 23:43 (Ref:1953816)   #62
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy
I agree too. Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't understand why he deserves DotR for having returned quickly from an accident. All it means is that thankfully he wasn't as badly injured as we all thought and that's primarily due to the strength of the car and luck.
According the FIA, it's due to whole string of factors. See here. They forget to mention luck, theirs being an objective investigation.

I say Kubica deserves to be where he is in the poll because he obtained his best-ever qualifying position and then beat his much vaunted team-mate Heidfeld in the race. And don't forget that although he was virtually uninjured in the accident, he experienced parts of it and has seen the video footage, so he knows exactly what occurred and exactly what many people felt when they first saw it.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 08:51 (Ref:1954000)   #63
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Fair points and that's why I picked him - he came back strongly and did his best drive of the season at this race

In fact forget the Lewis v Alonso dust up, the BMW scraps the one at the moment, although if borh drivers get new deals confirmed before end of the year I fear it may lose some intensity.

There's nothing like driving for a contract to bring the best out of a driver....
Old 4 Jul 2007, 15:51 (Ref:1954315)   #64
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Fair points and that's why I picked him - he came back strongly and did his best drive of the season at this race

In fact forget the Lewis v Alonso dust up, the BMW scraps the one at the moment, although if borh drivers get new deals confirmed before end of the year I fear it may lose some intensity.

There's nothing like driving for a contract to bring the best out of a driver....
Good point. It's sad but true but Nick seems to drive best under that kind of pressure. In fact, I wish that all drivers were on a year-by-year system. Well actually, I wish the driver's championship would just go away and they'd go back to being a manufacturer's championship only. No more team-orders or "agreements". Just maximum attack from both drivers all the time for maximum TEAM points.
What was this thread about again?
Old 4 Jul 2007, 17:24 (Ref:1954394)   #65
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
No more team-orders or "agreements". Just maximum attack from both drivers all the time for maximum TEAM points.
Sadly you'd still get team orders, because teams would restrict their drivers from racing each other to ensure maximum team points. If anything it would get worse, because the constructors championship would hold more prestige (by virtue of being the only championship) so teams would be even more concerned that neither of their drivers retire from a given race.

A solution would be one car teams. You could then have more teams in F1.
Old 6 Jul 2007, 12:55 (Ref:1956130)   #66
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
You'd end up with an interesting satellite network with one-car teams.
Old 7 Jul 2007, 17:48 (Ref:1957006)   #67
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Do you mean teams having some kind of relationship with others? That's why I don't approve of what Red Bull and Toro Rosso are doing. It's one entity in all the ways they want it to be, but we don't even know to what extent they operate as one so it all gets murkily confusing.
Old 9 Jul 2007, 15:11 (Ref:1958724)   #68
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Precisely.

I personally don't mind satellite systems (provided it is accepted as fair practice as per the regulations).