Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 Jul 2007, 13:24 (Ref:1969056)   #126
tickin
Rookie

tickin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bigtime
Hey Einstein, this has nothing to do with the 2 teams. It's to do with who is in effective control of HRT and does that comply with the TLA. And I think we all know the answers to those 2 questions.
i know what its to do with my point was just to say that it is just so happens that those 2 teams going well are the ones involved, if it were an ownership/control issue with 2 teams at the back of the field it would still be important but it wouldnt be an as talked about issue. Its just annoying watching the teams involved in this out there winning. Yes if all behind the scenes was ok and legal they may be still winning... but whens things arent right and they just dont seem to get any punishment for it.
regardless, my main issue is that nobody gets told anything. I dont like that the tega board or whoever can get documents say thats all fine and thats the end of it.. no explanation to other teams or their biggest asset to the series, us fans.!!!
anyway, they won again today, but it does seem funny that there is no other team that can get their VE's anywhere near those 4...
Old 21 Jul 2007, 13:30 (Ref:1969065)   #127
Luke Plaizier
Rookie

Luke Plaizier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
True cavvy. That is the way of opinions.

It takes a politician to take something that is morally questionable, despite the fact that it is legal, and try to make at sound positive.

Perhaps the issue is that TW works in the 'legal' realm and never in the 'political' realm? He very rarely makes any public comment, yet is regularly a party to making decisions that everyone else in the paddock thinks of with antipathy. That, in line with an inordinate amount of secrecy, gives the appearance of having things that need to be hidden for reasons other than preserving intellectual property. Especially in an arena that takes reward - or even earns a living - from publicity.

He has earned distrust. You may argue otherwise, but it would take openness and a continuous display of observing not only the rules but the spirit of the rules for him to earn the opposite. And if he can't do that in order to win then no matter how passionate or reasoned your response, our opinions will be almost impossible to change.

You know, here's a rather narrow minded thought. There are rules that are set in place to allow only cars made in Australia - and people swear that if this changes the sport could falter. Should a similar rule be made for owners, team members and drivers - such as only allowing participants from countries in which the cars race? (Someone shoot me down quickly please!)

Lukeyson

Last edited by Luke Plaizier; 21 Jul 2007 at 13:33.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 12:51 (Ref:1969935)   #128
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
My opinion is -

WALKINSHODDY

just says it all ...
Old 22 Jul 2007, 12:54 (Ref:1969943)   #129
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6
My opinion is -

WALKINSHODDY

just says it all ...
So your saying hypothetically if tom wasn't in the picture at all, you wouldn't have anything to say regarding the top 2 holden teams?

I somehow don't think that'd happen.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 22:11 (Ref:1970575)   #130
Luke Plaizier
Rookie

Luke Plaizier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm.

You don't think TW would abandon his teams, or you don't think opinions would change?

Maybe you're right. Maybe TW is just fronting as the one to blame for the many controversial decisions that are being made. Perhaps there's someone even more sinister in the background?

Someone by the name of Crennan perhaps? He who now avoids media because he can't tell them what to say about him?

Lukeyson