Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Aug 2007, 05:42 (Ref:1991718)   #1
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
who will hit a rock, a roo or have a blu, hold up the PB trophy at the great race?

this race deserves a long title, i know we have a round to go before we get to the mountain but why not have a great discusion now about the great races 45th running.

well for me this year will be good i am going for the second time and this time it won't be as emotional an it should be a great race, for me it will be the usual suspects with Murph/Jase, the SBR cars with their strong combinations and dangerous dude and Ellery, and the GRM boys are showing they have the speed.

so will history repeat itself with maybe a rock finding it's way onto the track or maybe even a roo, or could there be a blu there seems to be some tension in pitlane lately and the great race is an emotional race for the boys behind the wheel and in the garage, but when it all winds down who will stand on top of the podium proudly holding the greatest trophey in Australia if tnot the world bove their heads.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 06:34 (Ref:1991737)   #2
STEVO
Veteran

STEVO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What??

Read back that title out loud to a sane human being and then re-think future thread titles.

You are not normal.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 06:47 (Ref:1991746)   #3
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
bs i'm not normal you don't know me .

for the other people out there who arn't rude ********s, i did make a typo instead of the , after rock and blu it is meant to be or, mods please change and tell the other goose the rules attack the post not the poster.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 07:33 (Ref:1991765)   #4
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is getting out of hand... These thread titles (namely YOUR thread titles Pro Racer as you seem to be the only one making these threads now) make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Please, please, think about what you're writing. You're doing yourself absolutely NO favours by being a 'yes' man, with silly nicknames for drivers such as Rick Kelly ('pRick'? What are you, two years old?), and posting garbage that no-one understands because we can't read what you've written. You're probably the only person on this forum who can't seem to write "Rod Nash Racing" or call Mark Skaife "Mark Skaife". Instead you feel you need to write "RNR" or "Bignose" which simply doesn't do the topic any good. Everyone else reading it has to sit there and wonder what the hell you are on about.

Take a step back, look at what you are actually writing and ask yourself:
Does this post / thread contribute to the forum?
Does it make sense?

Or are you just trying to get yourself a bigger post count?

Last edited by Chatters; 19 Aug 2007 at 07:36.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 19 Aug 2007, 07:55 (Ref:1991770)   #5
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
this race deserves a long title, i know we have a round to go before we get to the mountain but why not have a great discusion now about the great races 45th running.
Is it not the 50th running of "The Great Race"??

The three 500-mile races held at Phillip Island prior to 1963 have always been part of the history of the race, plus we had dual 1000's in 1997 and 1998.

In that case the 50th running of the race does deserve a big title & build up thread .....but whats there to talk about? The line-ups have been pretty much known for ages, there's no suprising or special entries (unless a franchise changes hands), no interesting new vehicles, hardly any oversea's imports...............

.....but most of all what about Sandown?
Old 19 Aug 2007, 08:27 (Ref:1991792)   #6
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
why do we let children name threads? but then i saw the effort on the Sandown one and i realised it nothing to do age. its just silly people trying to outdo each other.

Please can we just have a simple "The Bathurst 2007 thread." or something similar. We are not Auto action. this is not a marketing headline to sell Bathurst to some scmuck
Old 19 Aug 2007, 11:24 (Ref:1991915)   #7
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Putting to one side why people feel the need to start a thread on "who will win...(insert round here..)" at all...we all know it's the same suspects each time.... I have to say I agree with racer 69. What is there to talk about?

It's the same 31 cars, we all know the driver combinations, we all know there are really only about 10 cars that have a hope in hell, there won't any new sponsors of note, we all know the big teams will roll out the spare chassis for the second string drivers, there will be the usual excessive pace car interventions, the commentators will go on about how you have to be racing at the pointy end all year these days to cut the mustard as a co driver ( which begs the question why so many teams don't take that advice...), Tony Cochrane wil make his usual appearance and carry on as if the world should be eternally grateful for him and V8 Supercars,Paul Morris will get cranky with his co driver, and Glenn Seton will still be the best driver never to win Bathurst ( see previous comments regarding spare chassis and rusty co drivers)..

I hate to bring up the "good old days" but I remember the anticipation of the entry list being released to see who was pairing up with whom, what new cars were entered and what new sponsorships were organised. Yes, I know some of the entries never materialised and some of those that did shouldn't! But there was a genuine excitement about the whole thing. Plus you got a full grid most years, not 31 cars. Hell, even the super tourer years had a bit of anticipation about them!

Toady, it's all so controlled and formulaic, frankly it's a bit of a yawn. For the first time in 30 years, I probably won't bother watching.

And the answer to the question originally and so uniquely posed by Pro Racer is...who cares.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 23:39 (Ref:1992401)   #8
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
and tell the other goose
Old 20 Aug 2007, 06:47 (Ref:1992498)   #9
Wood-duck
Racer

Wood-duck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
""""I hate to bring up the "good old days" but I remember the anticipation of the entry list being released to see who was pairing up with whom, what new cars were entered and what new sponsorships were organised. Yes, I know some of the entries never materialised and some of those that did shouldn't! But there was a genuine excitement about the whole thing. Plus you got a full grid most years, not 31 cars. Hell, even the super tourer years had a bit of anticipation about them!"""
quote]

Couldnt agree more there Pete.. but that is what the 12 hour is now for - for me anyway. A geninue endurance race, with a geninue array of vastly different vehicles with a bit of anticipation about who and what will front up. Like the 1000 used to be - 55 cars not 30, different makes, different classes. I cant wait for the next 12 hour - class racing returns to the mountain and most handy competitors can run in it without having to spend 5 million..

The 1000 would be more interesting if they let some of the Fujitsu teams in as Wildcards - even 5 or so cars would be good. Like Ford Rising Stars, D'Alberto's lot, the Howard guys - the really slick fujitsu teams - give them a crack too i say. It wouldnt hurt...

Last edited by Wood-duck; 20 Aug 2007 at 06:50.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 07:12 (Ref:1992504)   #10
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is up with these titles and I thought we sorted this sort of crap out in the title of the last race (Oran, sporan, sporran).

What the hell is wrong with "The Bathurst Thread" mods please apply some common sence to titles and if in doubt apply the KISS theory. Keep It Simple Stupid.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 10:27 (Ref:1992624)   #11
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood-duck
""""I hate to bring up the "good old days" but I remember the anticipation of the entry list being released to see who was pairing up with whom, what new cars were entered and what new sponsorships were organised. Yes, I know some of the entries never materialised and some of those that did shouldn't! But there was a genuine excitement about the whole thing. Plus you got a full grid most years, not 31 cars. Hell, even the super tourer years had a bit of anticipation about them!"""
quote]

Couldnt agree more there Pete.. but that is what the 12 hour is now for - for me anyway. A geninue endurance race, with a geninue array of vastly different vehicles with a bit of anticipation about who and what will front up. Like the 1000 used to be - 55 cars not 30, different makes, different classes. I cant wait for the next 12 hour - class racing returns to the mountain and most handy competitors can run in it without having to spend 5 million..

The 1000 would be more interesting if they let some of the Fujitsu teams in as Wildcards - even 5 or so cars would be good. Like Ford Rising Stars, D'Alberto's lot, the Howard guys - the really slick fujitsu teams - give them a crack too i say. It wouldnt hurt...
i think the same way i remeber watching Bathurst a fair few year ago when there was extra cars and IMO it still should happen it get the younger dudes exposed and more of a chance of a drive with only 30 cars on the grid not may young guys get ago but when there was a few more cars in ther was a fair few more guys getting their chance.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 11:16 (Ref:1992636)   #12
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
i think the same way i remeber watching Bathurst a fair few year ago when there was extra cars and IMO it still should happen it get the younger dudes exposed and more of a chance of a drive with only 30 cars on the grid not may young guys get ago but when there was a few more cars in ther was a fair few more guys getting their chance.
Do you know what a full stop is? It would make it a hell of a lot easier to read.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 22:33 (Ref:1993183)   #13
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK, well that's clear enough. 12 posts and no-one's mentioned the subject. Closed. We'll try again with something a little snazzier after Sandown.