Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 16 Aug 2007, 21:31 (Ref:1990475)   #1
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Getting my car up to scratch to sell

So, I'm thinking of selling my car in a few months. It's a great little car, looks good, handles brilliantly, but I'd like to move on before it depreciates too much, plus I've had a bit of a pay rise and I'm after something a bit flasher

Thing is, it's got a few things that need sorting. Nothing particular major on it's own, but would probably mean that I would get a much better price if they were sorted than if they weren't.

It's a 2000 3 door 1.6 Ford Focus Zetec by the way. So...

1) (and most obvious) There's a small hole/dent in the rear bumer where I reversed into a tree stump... the black plastic but is also dented inwards. There's also a scratch where I hit it with a tent pole at Le Mans last year...
Is this a repairable thing, or a new bumper job (I can post pics) if needed.

2) The front bit of the key sometimes comes away because there's a bit of plastic missing. Hard to describe, but I think you can get a new blank part off ebay, and then get it cut and programmed. Any idea how much to get it cut? I think you can program it yourself with info from the net.

This is the bit I mean by the way.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-REMOTE-KE...QQcmdZViewItem

3) One of the plastic strips along the bottom of the doors on the passenger side has a scratch in it, but I think that comes off fairly easily and I can get a replacement from a scrap yard.

4) One of the alloys has a small scuff but nothing major.

I think that's about it, what do you think that'll cost to sort out?
Old 17 Aug 2007, 13:19 (Ref:1990951)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Probably cost more than the value it will add. Why not trade it in and let someone else have the grief?
You may be able to go to a good key cutting shop to get the key done, my local one can program some keys and charges about £30, unfortunately he couldn't do my Clio key and a dealer wants £200 for the key and to program it.
Old 22 Aug 2007, 13:40 (Ref:1994506)   #3
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Most of the scratches and scuffs can be fixed by the local "Chipsaway" (or similar) franchise, might be worth getting a quote and then deciding, especially if you are wanting to sell the car privately.

If you are part-exing the car then it's probably not worth it, as the dealers just seem to look in their copy of Glasses Guide and quote the figure for your car/mileage combo.