Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 Sep 2007, 17:04 (Ref:2004468)   #26
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson
Another boring race. DTM needs some changes, right now it is awful.
I actually thought this was one of the better races. I struggled a bit during the now predictable mid race lull but it kinda picked up again with 12 or so laps to go, Kristensen and Bernd's battle was fairly entertaining I thought.

I'm a bit of a fan of Timo Scheider so I was a bit miffed he didn't get onto the podium, I suspected he had being 'moved' aside but it would seem his tyres were somewhat past their best and Ekstrom was gonna have him in the end anyway...if Dr Ulrich is to be believed.

I hate to say this but, Luhr and Rockenfeller are kinda reminding me of Biela and McNish's stint in the DTM for Audi. Sad sight to see them struggle for all out pace. I had hoped they would adapt far better and quicker to the DTM than their other sports car colleagues did.

Jamie Green must be biting his nails about next season.
Old 5 Sep 2007, 18:55 (Ref:2004555)   #27
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
IIRC Rocky had a 2nd place already, which isn't too shabby for a rookie. But you're right their last performances weren't very stellar...
Old 6 Sep 2007, 07:26 (Ref:2004874)   #28
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Venom
that would spice it up, 3 teams racing, but doe's peugeot have a 4ltr V8 engine in its line up and what car would they have to use.
Peugeot also does not have a 5.5 V12 HDI engine They could use the Zytek 4.0 V8 (this engine was supposed to be used in MG DTM car).
Old 8 Sep 2007, 17:40 (Ref:2006978)   #29
Ellmau
Racer

Ellmau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
that would spice it up, 3 teams racing, but doe's peugeot have a 4ltr V8 engine in its line up and what car would they have to use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
The car in question would be the 407. Peugeot don't have a V8 engine in their product range, but I don't think that is neccessary for DTM.
Indeed, you don't have to have a V8 in your own product range. Opel and Audi have driven someone elses V8 for a long time in DTM. Must say though I don't know whose engine Audi is driving now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by werner
What I would like is a sort of S2000-type of technical regulations, but with bigger engines, let's say 3l. Let's call it S3000....
I don't think we should talk about what we all liked to see. Experience and previous threats have tought us that we all want different things and none of will ever get what we want

I think we should talk about what we think is going to happen, and maybe even more important, what has to happen in order to let DTM survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson
I think they need this:

I think you've got a point there.

To reduce costs, I think DTM has to get rid off the huge Aerodynamics pack. There are to many flaps and wings on the cars now. Whenever a car touches another car, something falls of the car and loses it's competitiveness. The cars in the superstar series seame to have less aerodynamics, but still are wide. What kind of engines are they running?

Quote:
They should't reduce the engine size, keep the 4ltr V8's just look at the OZ and NZ V8 cars, packed grids and a load of paying spectators all with only 2 manufactures battling it out every other weekend, DTM just needS to stop the team orders and let the teams fight it out.
Aussi audience is very different from European audience. I think Aussies like the brute force more than the Europeans do. Although I agree with you that DTM should be a battle between the teams and not between the two manufacturers.
Old 8 Sep 2007, 18:57 (Ref:2006999)   #30
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
The Superstars actually run V8s as well.
Old 8 Sep 2007, 21:37 (Ref:2007088)   #31
Ellmau
Racer

Hmm, is V8 the way to stay on for DTM or isnt it. On one hand, the cost difference with e.g. V6 won't be big I imagine, but to go back all the way to S2000-like engines is a big step too.
Old 9 Sep 2007, 20:26 (Ref:2007912)   #32
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the article on touringcartimes.com The manufacturers are only going to deliver engines and a silhouette.
Who will be delivering the chassisses? It's going to be a sort of 'Formula DTM' this way. It will have less and less to do with touringcars thougt, ofcourse depending on how the chassis is going to be.
Old 9 Sep 2007, 21:29 (Ref:2007967)   #33
Ellmau
Racer

Well, DTM hasn't got much to do with TouringCars now either, does it?