Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

View Poll Results: Who provides(ed) the best WRC coverage?
BBC 0 0%
Channel 4 6 75.00%
Eurosport 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Jan 2002, 19:32 (Ref:202272)   #1
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Eurosport v. Channel 4 (take2)

Ok, as I said I would, here's the vote on where the best coverage had been for the WRC, now that it's all over.

I've added the BBC just for balance, and if we count all the coverage since last last year ie. the Dave Richards era.

Points for Channel 4: Prime Time; nightly highlights; weekly edition; analysis; studio

Points for Eurosport: Nightly Highlights; Full Rally Highlights; Full Rally Preview; pure rally action (ie. no analysis - it depend here what you prefer)

Points for BBC: Concise (); and if you went on holiday, and missed the rallying, you could still watch it around a month later!!!

And, in case you complain - this isn't in the "Armchair Enthusiast" forum as not all rallying fans will visit that forum!

And now, the people can decide.

(PS> Apologies for the earlier problem, I've just spotted what I did :bang head
Old 21 Jan 2002, 20:17 (Ref:202317)   #2
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who are you calling a banghead

I haven't voted. Since I only watch rallying on Eurosport of the mentioned channels, I can't make comparisons. I think Eurosport's coverage is very good though.
Old 22 Jan 2002, 12:31 (Ref:202650)   #3
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't compare CH4 with Eurosport as I only have Terestial TV.

However, so far, CH4 win over the Beeb for coverage, but as I tend to be away over weekends, a 30 minute midweek highlight show at least keeps you updated on the major happenings, so Beeb wins there

Overall 20/80 beeb:ch4
Old 22 Jan 2002, 13:20 (Ref:202673)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was really impressed with the Ch4 coverage over the weekend, let's hope they can keep it up for the rest of the season, they explian everything really well, to people who are new to the WRC and can see due to there being big crowds on the RAC, due the incresed coverage on Ch4.
Old 22 Jan 2002, 14:30 (Ref:202703)   #5
rlinter
Racer

rlinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok The BBC's coverage was late and dire

C4's brave new world approach doesn't work either - To me it look to much like a motorsports program for people that don't like motorsport and the cyber studio needs some work you can see the joins. It is a case of less talk more action..

Euroports coverage on the whole is more rounded.
Old 26 Jan 2002, 11:55 (Ref:204662)   #6
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eurosport's coverage is the best by a long way.
Old 3 Feb 2002, 11:40 (Ref:209513)   #7
RB5
Rookie

RB5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eurosports coverage may be more concise with less analysis,however on a down side they interupt it with plenty of breaks and up until now in the UK they havent had any coverage on the same day as the actual rally.For me Channel4 wins hands down.