Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 31 Dec 2007, 10:51 (Ref:2097020)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally
Ugly?

Nah, that's not ugly.

That's hideous.......

It looks like a Whizzwheels car from Woollies......
Old 31 Dec 2007, 17:48 (Ref:2097190)   #27
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Mindspin13B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be interesting to see what the new 16X DISI rotary engine brings to the table. Its rumored to be the new powerplant in, at least, the RX8.
Old 31 Dec 2007, 17:49 (Ref:2097191)   #28
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Mindspin13B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=183733
Old 31 Dec 2007, 19:47 (Ref:2097232)   #29
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reminds me of the RX-792P from this rear 1/4 show somehow:

Old 31 Dec 2007, 21:26 (Ref:2097264)   #30
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Hodgkinson
Reminds me of the RX-792P from this rear 1/4 show somehow:

Now, do you plan on doing some 792 for us?
Old 31 Dec 2007, 22:19 (Ref:2097277)   #31
Zytek_Fan
Racer

United States
Zytek_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be nice to see Mazda back in P1 with a rotary, but it seems unlikely now
Old 1 Jan 2008, 20:11 (Ref:2097700)   #32
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
It would be nice to see Mazda back in P1 with a rotary, but it seems unlikely now
Why do you say that? The fact Mazda is making a car like the Furai,only means their actually very busy towards entering bigtime racing!
And I suspect that they will return to P1 with a rotary.
Especially since this little wankelengine runs so well on alternative fuels for which the ACO will most likely make a favourable new set of rules like they did with the diesels.
Old 1 Jan 2008, 20:15 (Ref:2097702)   #33
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agreed, that car screams LeMans. Remember the RX-792 that ran in IMSA in 92, looked more like a roadcar then racingcar.
Old 1 Jan 2008, 23:03 (Ref:2097768)   #34
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1
Agreed, that car screams LeMans. Remember the RX-792 that ran in IMSA in 92, looked more like a roadcar then racingcar.
I loved that car, it had a sound that I have never heard any car make before or since. The loudness was intense, but the pitch of the sound made it truely special. Very pleasing to look at too....
Old 2 Jan 2008, 00:30 (Ref:2097806)   #35
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't get it.

Mazda dumps cash (that they could have spent making their current car (more) competitive in ALMS) into an ugly piece of fiberglass bolted on top of a chassis and engine combination they've already abandoned as being hopelessly uncompetitive.

How does that mean "they're serious" about winning, or going to Le Mans, or entering P1?

All it means to me is they're still more marketing fluff than substance. They seem quite happy just to show up, and put their name on race tracks and spec series engines that they don't build.
Old 2 Jan 2008, 00:34 (Ref:2097810)   #36
Zytek_Fan
Racer

United States
Zytek_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour
Why do you say that? The fact Mazda is making a car like the Furai,only means their actually very busy towards entering bigtime racing!
And I suspect that they will return to P1 with a rotary.
Especially since this little wankelengine runs so well on alternative fuels for which the ACO will most likely make a favourable new set of rules like they did with the diesels.
I hope Mazda gets back to LMP1, but their half ass LMP2 effort proves otherwise.
Old 2 Jan 2008, 01:31 (Ref:2097838)   #37
jross427
Racer

jross427 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i would like to see mazda take the new 16x engine, do what they did with the 13b (basically put two 13b's together to get the 2.6L in the 787B (don't get technical, i said basically)) so they would have a 3.2L with some alternative fueling and a turbo somewhere to help it along....
Old 2 Jan 2008, 08:34 (Ref:2097907)   #38
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Yes,that 't be great. The good thing is,Mazda is really being succesfull with their current line of roadcars so they'll soon have the financial power to launch a real effort in sportscarracing instead of what they've been doing in the ALMS up till now.
And let's face it,even though this new Furai will not be to anybody's taste(it is to mine),it's still a lot better looking then the buttugly Courages it's based on...but then,a roofless car will never have the same harmoniousness in lines as one with a roof will have.
Old 2 Jan 2008, 13:47 (Ref:2098034)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
....but then,a roofless car will never have the same harmoniousness in lines as one with a roof will have.

A man after my own heart.......
Old 2 Jan 2008, 14:13 (Ref:2098048)   #40
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
not all 'coupes' are created equal...

if that is the case, then explain Daytona Prototypes...
Old 2 Jan 2008, 14:16 (Ref:2098050)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There has to be an exception that disproves the rule - even a Trabant has a roof.........
Old 2 Jan 2008, 14:22 (Ref:2098052)   #42
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten
if that is the case, then explain Daytona Prototypes...
You got me there... One has to admit that it is an absolute art in itself to conjure up tech rules that produce such quasimodo like closed prototypes as the DP's.
Old 2 Jan 2008, 14:43 (Ref:2098068)   #43
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
You got me there... One has to admit that it is an absolute art in itself to conjure up tech rules that produce such quasimodo like closed prototypes as the DP's.
or, at least, some finely-made liquor and some damned-good drugs.
Old 2 Jan 2008, 21:06 (Ref:2098246)   #44
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Jo Veeten,is that you standing next to "the Don" of sportscarracing? Cool!
Old 3 Jan 2008, 00:33 (Ref:2098333)   #45
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
yeah, that's me.

Cadillac DC Grand Prix, 2002. The best weekend I ever had.
Old 3 Jan 2008, 23:01 (Ref:2098918)   #46
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten
yeah, that's me.

Cadillac DC Grand Prix, 2002. The best weekend I ever had.
That sure was a great weekend, despite the heat and humidity... good race, good track, great city...

...and a team doctor to put me on a drip in my hotel on Saturday night, just so as I could prowl the pits for NBC on raceday!!

Shame the moaning minnies killed it...
Old 3 Jan 2008, 23:03 (Ref:2098920)   #47
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On thread again... anyone who ever heard Mazdas wailing round Le Mans in the dark wants them to come back...

but for God's sake, get someone from their current road-car department to draw it, not who-ever hacked up that show-car horror... it makes the ill-starred Yamaha look almost acceptable - and that's some mean feat
Old 4 Jan 2008, 01:47 (Ref:2098988)   #48
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
I hope Mazda gets back to LMP1, but their half ass LMP2 effort proves otherwise.
Huh? Do they need to dump $$$$$$$ like Porsche and sandbag in LMP2?
Old 4 Jan 2008, 08:48 (Ref:2099115)   #49
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No but they were beaten quite convincingly by a Zytek which although run by the works team IS a customer chassis/engine package......so yes it is a half ass effort atm