Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Mar 2008, 22:57 (Ref:2147851)   #126
Sweet Corn
Racer

Sweet Corn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations Will Davison on a great victory for DJR Steve the Meister driver obviously had a lot of other things on his mind wait until the next round a DJR double podium coming up.
Have I missed something The managers of the category implore the drivers to be controversial yet when Russell Ingall and Paul Morris and any other driver make outspoken remarks in an attempt to be controversial quite a few of my fellow ten tenthers slag them for doing it.
I think that the sport needs more verbal slanging because it is hard to be agressive on the track especially with Tomas looking on
Old 9 Mar 2008, 23:02 (Ref:2147856)   #127
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Corn
I think that the sport needs more verbal slanging because it is hard to be agressive on the track especially with Tomas looking on
I think Tomas has shown that the drivers might be getting a fair bit of leniency this year...
Old 10 Mar 2008, 00:21 (Ref:2147894)   #128
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444
not sure if thats a complement...???
It was
Old 10 Mar 2008, 00:36 (Ref:2147897)   #129
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
congrats to will & djr - great drink jim beam
Old 10 Mar 2008, 01:07 (Ref:2147909)   #130
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Morris has a hide. For those not at the track, you might be interested to know he absolutely drilled James Ward in Turn 1 in the Aussie Racing Cars race and sent him spearing off the track backwards at high speed while they were dicing for the lead.

For him to then get all high and mighty about driving standards and threaten consequences to someone who was dropkicked into him is the embodiment of class.
i just seen the tail end of it from the grandstand but watched the replay's on the big screen it was a blatent drill in the rear quarter, typical Morris. although the shaking hands gesture after the final race was good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Russell was very lucky there - I thought that was one of the most obvious bump-and-runs I've seen in recent times.

I guess anything goes these days...
i thought Ingall seen the gap went for it Tander shut the door, it looked like Ingall did everything he could to avoid it not the lock up and hoe high he was on the ripple strip, good decision by Tomas.

i also thought the Mini's had some good racing nad will only get better.

and the new VE Utes sound ballsy as awesome certainly sound way betterthen the VZ and BF.

Last edited by Pro Racer; 10 Mar 2008 at 01:09.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 03:01 (Ref:2147948)   #131
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Congrats to DJR for their first round win since '01!

Also, that Ingall/Tander move was kosher to me. Who cars if it was a bump and run, Tander didn't go off the track, and there was no real big contact, nothing broke, so, it's all good, imo.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 04:00 (Ref:2147971)   #132
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone else notice that Steve Richards car did not appear to brake when ploughing through the sand trap?

The "bump and run" is almost a move that Garth and Craig could patent by now.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 04:11 (Ref:2147980)   #133
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
watching the replay's of the Richo incident on the big screen a ring of black smoke seemed to come from the hub then the tyre went flat and the thing just maintained it's speed straight ahead into the wall seems he lost steering aswell.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 04:52 (Ref:2147992)   #134
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR
Me too, but I thought something else, Richo front drivers side wheel was black as with brake dust, were the left side was brake dust free, so something was wrong there.
I noticed that throughout the weekends racing but it is BOTH the FPR cars that showed excessive brake dust on the FR.

Other points, I think Morris went wide and then turned in on Courtney.
And davester, "bump and run" is already a patented move, Skaife, 10 years ago
Old 10 Mar 2008, 05:50 (Ref:2148000)   #135
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with you Ford71, Morris outbraked himself and moved onto Courtney's line, causing the crash.
Courtney took an early gamble going wide at turn 2 with Coulthard in tow and would not have expected anyone going the inside line to move out on him mid-corner.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 06:08 (Ref:2148008)   #136
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I think Tomas has shown that the drivers might be getting a fair bit of leniency this year...
Tomas Mezera can only provide his professional opinion as a DSO to the stewards. If there is 'leniency' it doesn't come from him. He's on the record as wanting the racing to be exciting with lots of passing, but that hardly means he's endorsing a free-for-all smash up derby...and we did see some great 'clean' pass moves at Eastern Creek.

Word is that Mezera sorted Morris out post-race and had him back-tracking at a 100mph after Morris' errors were pointed out leading up to taking Courtney out...but Stewards didn't back it up with a charge.

Another case of money talks...
Old 10 Mar 2008, 07:13 (Ref:2148041)   #137
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
watching the replay's of the Richo incident on the big screen a ring of black smoke seemed to come from the hub then the tyre went flat and the thing just maintained it's speed straight ahead into the wall seems he lost steering aswell.
Yea. I mentioned earlier it reminded me of The Rat hitting the wall at Bathurst, the way it went in hard hit and bounced back only difference is Rat may have had more speed and it ended up on its lid.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 07:43 (Ref:2148053)   #138
Boxy
Veteran

Australia
Beautiful one day - bloody hot the next
Boxy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle
Dumbrell penalised to pos 16 for punting Cam, Morris to p18, presumably for a similar reason on the Giz.
Cheers for that. Leopards don't change their spots hey?
Old 10 Mar 2008, 08:20 (Ref:2148079)   #139
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
rumours have it that today JC is sporting a bruised and swollen lip
Old 10 Mar 2008, 09:29 (Ref:2148119)   #140
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
Now on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp0_E013HOc

Tyre does go flat, but car just doesnt want to turn.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 10:16 (Ref:2148166)   #141
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
well atleast the big screen told me the full story, i couldn't belive how it just went straight, whatever it was it managed to pop the tyre and seemed to break the steering, will be interesting to find out, maybe an email to FPR.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 10:18 (Ref:2148171)   #142
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71
I noticed that throughout the weekends racing but it is BOTH the FPR cars that showed excessive brake dust on the FR.

Other points, I think Morris went wide and then turned in on Courtney.
And davester, "bump and run" is already a patented move, Skaife, 10 years ago
No no no, the 'bump and run' was patented MANY years ago, when Bristol Motor Speedway opened up. :P
Old 11 Mar 2008, 05:10 (Ref:2148882)   #143
Beages
Rookie

Beages should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Copy of Eastern Creek Round

Hi, Ive just home from overseas trip to find I had the recorder set to CH 10 instead CH7, can anybody help me, I will pay all costs? Ive been a member of this forum at least 4 years just had to re-register because of email address change. PM if you can help, it would be appreciated so much. If FOXTEL had replays this wouldnt be problem. what ever happen to that deal?
Old 15 Mar 2008, 20:59 (Ref:2152857)   #144
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Courtney's response to Morris with an Upper Cut, see 1.05 mis in

http://www.tv3.co.nz/News/Motorsport...5/Default.aspx