Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Are V8Supercar Drivers Underpaid?
Yes - They work hard for their team & sponsors, they need more $$ 6 21.43%
No - Why should they earn millions of dollars and I dont 9 32.14%
I truly dont care 13 46.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 May 2008, 00:16 (Ref:2191481)   #26
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

With the exception of a couple of popular, huge "profile" drivers in the biggest teams, the figures being thrown around are complete cods...

1 of the drivers mentioned had a very profitable merchandise clause built into his contract which apparently provides plenty of $$.

Most drivers in the top 20 would be earning under 4 or 500k.When you consider they are supposedly the cream of the sport and likely to have a career of less than 10 years for most, not really mega wages.I say,good luck to them.

As for Murph earning 2 Mil+ and still being considered at the pointy end…
Old 1 May 2008, 06:11 (Ref:2191569)   #27
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Countdown until Tony Cochrane slams the article regardless of its nature?

10, 9, 8...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 1 May 2008, 08:09 (Ref:2191643)   #28
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Knickers, twist, sook Here
What a badly written piece of self serving tripe!

"Slander..." Really? Assuming the author means defamation, it's hardly defamatory to pump up someone's tyres by saying they earn a motzer!

Does the article tell us anything we don't already know? No. Not surprisingly, the drivers are all stunned at the thought of being paid huge dollars, being the underpaid things they are. And, gee, some drivers earn more than others? Really? What a revelation! And, although they don't really get paid very much, in the next breath we are told drivers need to pack it away bigtime while they can as they only have a few good years. Give me a break! What, can't they do anything else after life behind the wheel?

At the end of the day, who really cares anyway? It's a free market and if someone wants to pay Craig Lowndes or Garth Tander a squillion, well good luck to them!!
Old 1 May 2008, 08:45 (Ref:2191667)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wouldnt say it is badly written.. I think the subjects of the story are getting quite precious about something that is in the public domain, whether they like that or not.

How the Telegraph found all these numbers may be the interesting point.

ARL/NRL/ACB contracted players are the subject to the same scrutiny each and every salary cap or draft or player transfer discussion... so to discover an invasion of privacy is an interesting take on proceedings.

In the V8Supercar world, some spouses also seem to manage reasonable incomes for their partners' driving commitments.. allegedly.. for assistance with taxation effectiveness... allegedly...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 1 May 2008, 11:15 (Ref:2191763)   #30
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Badly written in that it is riddled with spelling and grammatical errors. But no one cares about that these days!
Old 1 May 2008, 11:31 (Ref:2191774)   #31
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The title of the article, Slander over driver salary exposure is inaccurate to start with.

There are two forms of defamation, slander and libel. In very simple terms slander is defaming a third party orally, libel is defaming a third party in a fixed medium such as print, video etc.
As the article in question was printed in a newspaper the alleged defamation would be libelous not slanderous.
Old 1 May 2008, 12:02 (Ref:2191802)   #32
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd be surprised if JC is on more than GT...... comparing their respective results an all........