Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jun 2008, 10:06 (Ref:2219508)   #151
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hmm, where's the too many smileys smiley?
Old 4 Jun 2008, 10:06 (Ref:2219509)   #152
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorsportgirli
Now can we please start talking about the positives of the weekend please
Exactly.

stedevil, you've made your point, and it's noted. You're entitled to it, even if you are in a distinct minority. Everyone else is entitled to disagree.

Let's now end this train of discussion and go back to Barbecues and other issues...
Old 4 Jun 2008, 10:10 (Ref:2219513)   #153
marshal_man
Racer

United Kingdom
Taunton, Somerset
marshal_man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a lovely Italian on the Saturday night, and my god what a view from outside Satuday night in Darlington is brill get there, just watch the boyfriends

Damon Hill was stood behind me but i didnt even notice until somebody told me.

Did everyone have a good weekend and night then.

Personally stedevil, i think you should go back to your fan page before you get your self in more trouble.

Us marshals stick together i have already found that out when i had an argument with BodySnatcher all sorted now though :P
Old 4 Jun 2008, 10:13 (Ref:2219517)   #154
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorsportgirli
I feel i have to appologise to all my orange friends as i sent Stedevil in this direction as he was blasting us on the fans forum.
Actually, you were blasting me, and Hazard even pointed out to you that my post in no way was general attack on marshals, but that this specific incident was very badly handled. Blind rage vs correct critique is not constructive and will not keep your friends alive.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 10:15 (Ref:2219518)   #155
Motorsportgirli
Racer

England
Hornsea
Motorsportgirli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp
Exactly.
Let's now end this train of discussion and go back to Barbecues and other issues...
Exactly Asp

For example on a more lighthearted note, this is me on friday at croft planning for the bbq!! (spot the ten tenths logo )

Old 4 Jun 2008, 10:17 (Ref:2219520)   #156
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Your point, stedevil, was that someone’s literacy has a direct correlation to that person’s ability to perform dangerous duties, duties that in themselves do not require any use of the written word.

This cannot be compared with job interviews, where most often a degree of literacy and education for the job do go hand in hand. It has been my pleasure to know one or two SAS men and have trained with the Royal Marines in the past. None of these people had great literacy skills, and most thought the F word was an apostrophe. But I have never been more secure in their company, a comment I would extend to the vast majority of my fellow marshals whom I am proud to be with and, to a major extent, trust with my own life when I’m on a live circuit. It’s to do with training, and experience, not literacy.

Your comments and conclusion are completely out of context. No qualified psychologist (my daughter for one) would agree with your conclusion and your comment suggesting that because someone ‘makes up their own rules’ in grammar must, by definition, do the same in all aspects of their lives is, to be blunt, derisible. The idea that a grade ‘A’ student will act logically in a crisis is not borne up in any scientific study and is a purely subjective conclusion. You are now diverting attention from your original, inflammatory and, may I say it, insulting statement to the need for training, and learning and that a mistake was made on that day, all of which are true, and in the tradition of good marshalling for which this country is proud, this positive learning process can be seen here to continue, and without the need of armchair psychologists who lack both the experience and training to comment on marshalling matters.

Sorry guys. Off topic. I shall now back off and consider the best relish for a beefburger!

Last edited by numbersix; 4 Jun 2008 at 10:19.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 10:24 (Ref:2219523)   #157
Motorsportgirli
Racer

England
Hornsea
Motorsportgirli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stedevil
Actually, you were blasting me, and Hazard even pointed out to you that my post in no way was general attack on marshals, but that this specific incident was very badly handled. Blind rage vs correct critique is not constructive and will not keep your friends alive.
Right people I say goodbye now!!!

You said that the guys who were marshaling that day were only after free tickets - As i replied you make that comment about one of us you are making it about all of us. YOU WERE ATTACKING MARSHALS IN GENERAL AND YOU STILL ARE! It seems that if we do not agree with your sentiments then we are wrong, i really think that you should skiddadle back to your little armchair or wherever you come from and shut up. Or even better come spend a day in torrential rain with us and see how you handle it

I am an experienced marshal, who at the GP last year was praised for my handling of a GP2 incident (in which the guy collapsed on the way to the ambulance) by a very very senior observer. At no point do i ever get blind rage tho you my friend are bringing me very close to seething. The guys who I marshal with will tell you that i am very calm in any situation and am always objective.

SO DO NOT TELL ME I WILL PUT FELLOW MARSHALS AT RISK WHEN YOU DONT EVEN KNOW ME

See you in 60 days guys

Last edited by Stephen Green; 5 Jun 2008 at 18:01.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 10:24 (Ref:2219524)   #158
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Well, I asked people to draw a line under the topic.

It looks like I'm going to have get out the ruler myself.

As there is a separate thread to discuss parts of the meetings ("Positives from Croft at the weekend"), productive comments can still continue there, and this thread can safely be closed.