Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Jul 2000, 23:38 (Ref:22207)   #1
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David Coulthard recently said that he is confident that team mate Mika Hakkinen will support him should the team decide to impose team orders.
Keke Rosberg, Hakkinen's manager didn't share Coulthard's view and said that the McLaren team should uphold Hakkinen's number one status.

Mika Hakkinen himself commented on the possibility of team orders being imposed and said:
"I know that the team will make the right decision and I will go with whatever they say.
David and I get on well enough to talk these things through.
It could be a little early to say yet what the situation with us will be, but for sure David has done this for me and I will do the same if he wants me to."

If he wants me to?
Is there any doubt he doesn't want that?
Better get your things together, Mika, or he could be asking that after next weeks race.
Old 9 Jul 2000, 09:03 (Ref:22244)   #2
Cameron
Rookie

Cameron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even drivers have to be politically correct with words (well most of them). If the situation arises let's judge on the actions.

However, DC & MH would probably have to apply for special dispensation from Bernie. Wouldn't want to spoil the spectacle with such a horrendous thoughy as team orders would we?
Old 9 Jul 2000, 09:17 (Ref:22246)   #3
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It could mean many things. But first of all, let's not forget that these are only words.

David's wish is of course very natural. And I am sure he remembers very well Mika's statement a month ago (you know, "he is fast but will never be faster than me")

I also find very natural that Keke Rosberg wants Mika to be treated as no. 1. What intrigues me are:
"I have given Mika my support"(David Coulthard). I can't stop remembering Austria and Belgium last year and it doesn't look like much help from David to Mika. What were the situations when DC helped MH? Jerez '97 and Melbourne '98? Not much help either...
"and he [Mika] must remain as the number one driver for McLaren"(Keke Rosberg).
How does these fit with Ron's we-let-them-race? On every occasion Ron moans about Ferrari's no. one and no. two strategy and his "very fair" attitude! Who is mistaking here?
Old 9 Jul 2000, 11:24 (Ref:22257)   #4
Cameron
Rookie

Cameron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You make a number of valid points red and I don't think anyone would disagree that MH is RD's favourite. However, one does have to say that despite, probably, gnashing teeth RD has allowed DC to win when MH is still running.

That, with the exception of Irvine at the end of last year, does not seem to be entertained at Ferrari.