Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Jul 2008, 11:42 (Ref:2245184)   #1
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Time to go Skaifey??

Do the right thing by Holden, Toms team and your supporters by announcing your retirement ASAP, so that all V8SC supporters can give you the send off that you deserve at the end of this season. We don't wont to see you embarrass yourself anymore.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 12:44 (Ref:2245274)   #2
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It has been a battle this year.

Yesterday a brake lockup - no good skaifey.
But I hardly think a rear of field to eighth in race 2 is all that bad.
Nor can you do much when Jason Richards forgets that in order to brake, you must first apply to brake pedal.

There have been too many mistakes from MS this year, but to be fair there has been too much crap going on out of Mark's control this year, with stuffed up pit calls, mechanical dramas and others using him as a brake marker on more then the odd occassion.

I'm disappointed in what I've seen this year, but his championship position does not reflect where he really is.. He is not at Tanders level this year, but with a cleaner run, he's not as far behind as his results have shown.

I think all Mark has to aim for now, is two solid stints at Bathurst along side Garth Tander - though i'd be thinking that on recent form, they will be up against it with the likes of 888 & FPR.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 12:56 (Ref:2245294)   #3
Exceler8
Racer

Exceler8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bigtime
Do the right thing by Holden, Toms team and your supporters by announcing your retirement ASAP, so that all V8SC supporters can give you the send off that you deserve at the end of this season. We don't wont to see you embarrass yourself anymore.

mate are u serious his car was setup extremely poorly and was extremely nervous under brakes hence goin straight ahead in race 1 race 2 25th-8 pretty good effort id say and race 3 you kinda cant race a track thats hard on brakes with no water in your front brakes!
Old 6 Jul 2008, 13:24 (Ref:2245353)   #4
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Warning, what follows is a rant and does not necessarily represent the opinions of Ten-Tenths.
(To be honest, it probably doesn't even represent the opinions of the poster when they aren't ranting.)

William, I am sick and tired of you banging your drum everytime Skaife has a bad weekend. I wonder if you would slander him everytime he passed wind. So what if he had a bad time lately, many people have times have had blotches in their books of records. Did you slander Lowndes everytime he had a bad weekend when he first moved to Ford with Gibson Motorsport, FPR and from time to time Triple Eight??? I guess not. Take my advice mate....

GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE SAND, GROW UP AND SHOW SOME BLOODY RESPECT TO THESE DRIVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We now return you to our normal ramblings.

If you want to prove Skaife and us wrong, how's you jump in a V8 Supercar (which is super hard to drive) and not only beat Mark once, but everytime on a race track and break all of his records.

Last edited by Razor; 6 Jul 2008 at 13:26.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 13:50 (Ref:2245391)   #5
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only good thing to come from Skaifey retiring would be Smalltime Willy leaving the forums as he'd have nothing to talk about

25th to 8th was a great drive, and if not for RichardsJ giving Skaife an adjustment to his rear wing then he would have remained an easy Top 10 finish and probably higher than 8th.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:23 (Ref:2245450)   #6
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's interesting people are calling for the head of a multiple champion and bathurst winner who has had a bad year, but neglect to have the knives out for other drivers in the series who've been there for years and haven't even won a race yet!
Old 6 Jul 2008, 15:30 (Ref:2245530)   #7
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Geeez, I bet Fernando Alonso is glad you arent his manager... He's had just as bad a year!
Old 6 Jul 2008, 21:11 (Ref:2245767)   #8
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It might be reasonable to suggest that there are other issues affecting Skaify's on track performances.

Business & Domestic troubles can weight heavily on one's mind......
Old 6 Jul 2008, 23:46 (Ref:2245890)   #9
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Time to go, Skaifey." - billy bigtime

Billy, you've been saying that (on any forum that will tolerate you) for years. One day you'll be right, and then (like alfacors says) you'll have nothing to talk about.
Old 7 Jul 2008, 01:02 (Ref:2245918)   #10
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrgh8
"Time to go, Skaifey." - billy bigtime

Billy, you've been saying that (on any forum that will tolerate you) for years. One day you'll be right, and then (like alfacors says) you'll have nothing to talk about.
No, then I'll pick on Murphy, another overated has been
As for Mark "has had a bad year" how about you guys get your collective hands off it and say, Mark "has had 6 bad years in a row". No one has that much bad luck
Old 7 Jul 2008, 02:03 (Ref:2245930)   #11
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ever since Mark bought HRT his driving has suffered, i think it hurts GT interms of championship to be the lone ranger in the team (abit like Stoner at Ducati) atleast at the Dealer Team he had Rickalways upfront to help with set-up's etc. i think it has hurt both teams having their 2nd car low down, they should of kept the dream team together (Rick/GT), if they did that i think they would be a little healthyer and not have to be lone rangers.
Old 7 Jul 2008, 02:35 (Ref:2245938)   #12
smokinJ
Racer

smokinJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
remember Brock how he was getting shoddy equipment, bad pit calls, bad set ups, component failure etc when we was no longer the favoured driver in the Snappy Tom Team
when your on the outer with Tom your on the outer
even ask Lowndes

I still think Skaife has still got it but he needs to get away from Tom
Maybe take Todds lead
Old 7 Jul 2008, 05:17 (Ref:2245963)   #13
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bigtime
No, then I'll pick on Murphy, another overated has been
As for Mark "has had a bad year" how about you guys get your collective hands off it and say, Mark "has had 6 bad years in a row". No one has that much bad luck
It's funny since about 2004 Murphy has been the silent man. You'd almost not know he existed unless someone else mentioned it as he never features in the races. You just never see him anymore on the telecasts or hear mention of him in the press.
Old 7 Jul 2008, 05:19 (Ref:2245965)   #14
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cranker
It might be reasonable to suggest that there are other issues affecting Skaify's on track performances.

Business & Domestic troubles can weight heavily on one's mind......
Racing drivers are best left to being racing drivers and leave the team owner and other jive for retirement from driving. I'll be surprised for instance if Jason Bright is ever a consistent race winner ever again.
Old 7 Jul 2008, 05:34 (Ref:2245970)   #15
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinJ
remember Brock how he was getting shoddy equipment, bad pit calls, bad set ups, component failure etc when we was no longer the favoured driver in the Snappy Tom Team
when your on the outer with Tom your on the outer
even ask Lowndes

I still think Skaife has still got it but he needs to get away from Tom
Maybe take Todds lead
I agree. If Skaifey could get away from the evil empire I believe his performances would improve. But I think that the whole team thing is so complex that not even Mark understands it and probably can't just walk away without losing out financially.
Old 7 Jul 2008, 06:21 (Ref:2245985)   #16
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Billy, a nice change of tone! Congratulations!

You bring up a nice point about losing out financially. Perhaps theres, as you point to, ALOT more than meets the eye here. I'm sure in 2015 we'll know more, and look back at this as we do the Brock stuff (I seem to recall similar rumblings about Brock needing to go in 1996.... funny that!)

I don't think he's had 6 bad years - he's dinitely had 3 lean years and 3 poor years, but bad is a bit of a stretch. Even Ingall has done this post championship.

Contributing to this is the fact that HRT was unarguably the first of the "professional" teams to have european influence - FPR and 888 have come in, and to a degree you have had K-Mart/HSVDT and Britek piggyback off of this - and SBR reached their potential. 10 top cars instead of 2 makes the pickings slimmer, for sure!
Old 7 Jul 2008, 07:58 (Ref:2246057)   #17
doug05
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
doug05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish HRT would take that big target sign off Skaifeys car... Thompson in NZ, BPB had a go at it in WA, and J.Richards now in the NT...

Maybe its time for 1 or 2 of these drivers to go before we start banging on about how Skaifey is over it, cant remember the last time Thompson or Jason have done anything decent other than have big crashes???

And with Skaife on the outer at HRT, Tom, just get it over and done with. It was so painful watching it happen to Brock, at least show some decency and not do it all over again with Mark...
Old 7 Jul 2008, 08:39 (Ref:2246092)   #18
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
imagine if three years ago they had have given skaife the boot and employed Jamie Whincup.

I am more than happy for skaife to be at HRT, thats just one less Holden to be competitive and one more thing holding GT back

its funny thats Rusty can go across to holden to a backmarker team and wipe the floor with the 5 times champion in the leading team
Old 7 Jul 2008, 08:54 (Ref:2246100)   #19
skaife2
Rookie

Australia
melbourne
skaife2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
get real!! hit up arse by j richards. must have target on #2 Hrt.
still better than most drivers
Old 7 Jul 2008, 09:04 (Ref:2246112)   #20
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaife2
get real!! hit up arse by j richards. must have target on #2 Hrt.
still better than most drivers
Oh come on, Skafie was blocking Pit Entry. Just Jokes, I'm not a great fan of MS, but he was showin he can still drive, and to drive with a new aero package not to bad, considering others whould have parked it quicker than you could ****, that was a shunt if ever I've seen one.
Old 9 Jul 2008, 10:49 (Ref:2247849)   #21
Bigem
Rookie

Bigem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Skaifey was just driving with the in-effective rear wing to see what all the fuss was about with the AU from years ago. Damn its hard to be competitive when your car is so badly out of balance?? Skaifey probably saved several lives by blocking the idiot from barrelling into the pits at warp factor nine!! In Skaifey's defence, I would rather have him driving my car than several other prominent Holden guys at the moment. If you take GT,RI and RK out of the equation, Holdens in strife!! Holden need MS, occasional brilliance can still cut it against MOST of his peers efforts!!
Old 9 Jul 2008, 21:26 (Ref:2248250)   #22
nomad_n
Racer

New Zealand
gold coast
nomad_n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't stand MS, but he can still peddle a car and he still makes a car a weapon when he wants......... As he has said in the press when he doesn't enjoy driving anymore he'll give up.

As for Murphy he can still peddle a car as well, and make up ground if he gets the right call from his crew - everyone tends to forget this is a team sport.....