Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 17 Oct 2008, 18:05 (Ref:2314877)   #1
Broady
Rookie

Broady should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Circuits in France

Hello all well I signed up to this site 5 years ago but with one thing and another ive only been a passive member, but today ive decided to make a post.

Next summer im head to the 24 hour race and want to do a little tour of northern France and visit and circuits I already know of Rouen, Dippie, Linas-Montlhery and Reims. Following this I will head over to the ring and then stop at spa on the way back to the UK. Any tips tricks or other circuits you guys know about would be great!
Old 17 Oct 2008, 18:23 (Ref:2314894)   #2
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Croix en Ternois in France, Zolder in Belgium and depending which way you are going, Hockenheim in Germany.
Then there are the "old" tracks like Chimay and Mettet in Belgium, not much going on anymore, but maybe something to visit.
Old 17 Oct 2008, 18:27 (Ref:2314896)   #3
calypsoelise
Rookie

France
Rebreuve sur Canche
calypsoelise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this should help and covers most of them..

http://www.trackdays.fr/circuits.php
Old 20 Oct 2008, 19:24 (Ref:2316918)   #4
Broady
Rookie

Broady should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well thankyou very much for the help ill be going thru the tracks on that link tonight and see where i wanna go haha
Old 20 Oct 2008, 19:32 (Ref:2316929)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Check out the old one at Amiens. It was only used once pre-war, but the straight is really long and there is a pleasent town to stop for a couple. It also isn't far off the ferry/tunnel. If you go in the evening you can put a few miles on, have a decent evening and be ready to set off to Rouen or Riems.
Old 26 Oct 2008, 18:27 (Ref:2321201)   #6
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Reims is well worth a visit as there is still a fair amount to see and they were / are restoring the paintwork etc. There isn't so much to see at Rouen to be honest - if you're stopping off there on the way down to Le Mans fair enough but if not I'd probably not bother going out of my way.
Old 26 Oct 2008, 18:49 (Ref:2321211)   #7
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Croix's not really worth going to unless you're racing there (and even then I'm not sure). There was a pre-war circuit around Boulogne, if that's where you're sailing to, but not much to see now - Motorsport did a feature on it a few years ago; VSCC do a vintage car/bicycle tour every May bank holiday. Is there any access to Montlhery these days? And if you're going to Nurburgring, have a poke around the old Sudschleife as well.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 20:30 (Ref:2328970)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Make sure to visit Reims: http://www.boogityboogityboogity.co.uk/?p=84