Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 28 Dec 2008, 09:49 (Ref:2361766)   #1
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
moto GP 2009 - Australia

Looking into the possibility of a holiday in 09 to include Phillip Island moto gp round. I'll research the official website, but can anyone help a Pom with useful info - where to stay, what to do, what not to do, etc etc

Thanks

David, UK
Old 28 Dec 2008, 10:49 (Ref:2361785)   #2
Jeff 8
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Jeff 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you want house or motel accomodation book really early, it fills up real quick. If you want to camp there are more options, you can camp trackside, a great experience and no worse than camping at the IoM TT. You didn't say how you will be travelling but their are buses or you could hire a car, camper or even a bike. The camp sites cater for each type. There are other campsites away from the track that are cheaper and often provide better facilities, but are a bit quieter and more sheltered from the weather. If there is a group of you the best option is to rent a house for the week, between you it works out cheaper and there is somewhere out of the weather if it turns bad.

The track is one of the best on the MotoGP calendar and is definately one to see at least once.

Jeff

Old 28 Dec 2008, 13:52 (Ref:2361845)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just rememebr to pack your earplugs

Not for the noise, rather the noise fomr the fans, they only care about their own!! So if you are a fan of anyone else... haha
Old 28 Dec 2008, 14:53 (Ref:2361867)   #4
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Man, that's some holiday. Weren't you looking at taking in Bathurst too? Any room for me in your suitcase?
Old 29 Dec 2008, 03:05 (Ref:2362135)   #5
Jeff 8
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Jeff 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
Just rememebr to pack your earplugs

Not for the noise, rather the noise fomr the fans, they only care about their own!! So if you are a fan of anyone else... haha
I didn't find PI that bad. When I went to Silverstone for the World Supers they were a must have. Everybody had an air horn and instead of cheering when their favourite rider came past they'd blast their air horns .

Jeff
Old 29 Dec 2008, 10:19 (Ref:2362199)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know mate, I hate it as much as anyone else!!

But you have to understand that Britons who go bike racing are largely following thd herd, half of them havent a clue who Robbie Rolfo is or Joan Lascorz, they just buy an airhorn and blast it at Haslam or Crutchlow or Sykes and cant rememebr where anyone esle finished!!

Very sad, but also makes our tracks a lot of money, so what gives!!

It was at its worst in teh Foggy days when people used to boo geniuses liek Russell and SLight, admittedly I hated John Kockstinky as much as anyone but he deserved that!!