Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 25 Feb 2009, 22:59 (Ref:2404233)   #1
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Calling Martin Haven - is GP2 going back to Eurosport

Rumour has it (and since I last checked it may have become fact) that BBC aren't taking the F1 support races this coming season.

Is the dream team of Haven & Rees thinking about making a comeback?

I think we should be told

Hope so though
Old 25 Feb 2009, 23:54 (Ref:2404256)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will ITV not still have it, or did they give it up with F1?
Old 26 Feb 2009, 11:58 (Ref:2404501)   #3
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't imagine they'd want it to be honest. But I guess anything is possible.

That said I think it was an ITV employee who mentioned in another forum that Eurosport were in the frame, so I'm guessing ITV aren't.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 12:32 (Ref:2404534)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Setanta too I believe have been mentioned elsewhere. But I thought they already had it anyways!
Old 26 Feb 2009, 12:59 (Ref:2404557)   #5
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
eurosport had GP2 asia, its possible they'll have the main GP2 series as well...
Old 26 Feb 2009, 13:14 (Ref:2404576)   #6
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Setanta too I believe have been mentioned elsewhere. But I thought they already had it anyways!
Can't see any sense in Sultana doing it. It's not as if they could sell a single subscription off the back of the secondary series. Their average fan would probably be more likely drawn to F2 on Eurosport anyway.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 15:37 (Ref:2404686)   #7
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't GP2 contractually bound into the F1 rights? Am sure I read that someplace.

Anyway after reading this I happened to notice the following quote by Roger Mosey, Director of BBC Sport:

"We're still working on GP2 and other scheduling details"

Ok, it was taken from January, but it sounds like it is possibly going to be on the Beeb. Then again surely they'd have announced it at the same time as the other F1 broadcast details the other day.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 16:07 (Ref:2404707)   #8
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroupOfOne
Isn't GP2 contractually bound into the F1 rights? Am sure I read that someplace.

Anyway after reading this I happened to notice the following quote by Roger Mosey, Director of BBC Sport:

"We're still working on GP2 and other scheduling details"
It's seems they worked on it and decided it was too expensive.

They have the rights to show all sessions of all the support series according to our BBC source on DS, so the problem was not the cost of rights but the cost of production, satellite uplinks, staff (there was some talk of extra commentators being needed) and so on.

All the rights are now supposedly being sold to another broadcaster, with Dave, Setanta and Eurosport looking favourites. So yes, if you see this Mr Haven please do inform us of anything you hear.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 20:36 (Ref:2404890)   #9
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sniper
They have the rights to show all sessions of all the support series according to our BBC source on DS, so the problem was not the cost of rights but the cost of production, satellite uplinks, staff (there was some talk of extra commentators being needed) and so on.
I'll offer to commentate for free if that helps Shame then that it seems likely they won't have it, particularly as they show the 125s and 250s in MotoGP. Would have thought GP2 (or the Porsche Supercup) would have worked well on the red button.