Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 12 Dec 2008, 16:48 (Ref:2353640)   #1
Azza
Rookie

Azza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans 09

I really want to see le mans 2009 and i was wondering whats the best way of going about it? i would love to camp at the circuit but i dont have the gear, is there a company that has the gear or can you hire it from somewhere?
Old 14 Dec 2008, 00:37 (Ref:2354468)   #2
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Azza,
It depends how much you want to see. If you just want to see the race, not practise, you can get a coach tour where they wiil let you sleep on the coach, if necessary.
Old 14 Dec 2008, 11:58 (Ref:2354628)   #3
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So long as you've got a car, you can buy camping stuff really cheap these days, you can even get it there.
Old 19 Feb 2009, 21:07 (Ref:2400446)   #4
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok so im also looking to go either this year or next. I can drive so could either look at do that or get a coach trip. I think id prefer to drive. A few questions if someone could help.

Can you park your car next to the tent?

Roughly how much cash ticket wise am i looking at for a weekend ticket?

Do i need a grandstand ticket or is general admission fine?

Is it definately worth me doing?

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 19 Feb 2009, 22:45 (Ref:2400511)   #5
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

There are big campsites within the circuit, yes you can park by your tent if you drive down.

Camp ticket - depends on campsite but £60 - £100 - book in advance - Get your ticket as soon as possible (dont pay over the odds on Ebay though)
Entrance ticket get on the gate £60 ++
Grandstand - doubt you will get any now but £100+
Car ferry approx £60 - 200 depends on route
Spending money for a Wed - Mon trip approx £150 - £200
Large supermarkets nearby for BBQ foods, beer, tents, water etc etc

Yes it is a must do I have been since 1978 and our group includes people who are not really motor race fans but love the race. Having said that go with an open mind, There are 1000's of Brits, Danes, Germans and Dutch who go every year.

Simon
Old 11 Mar 2009, 08:03 (Ref:2413434)   #6
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Guys (or anyone else),

if you're in the UK and want to go this year let me know soonish. My trip is at risk because the people I was going with have pulled out on me for this year (come on, who needs exams really?) and I can't afford the travel and campsite costs if not splitting it in two.

If you'd be interested in splitting a camping pitch (plenty of space for two tents, don't worry - some of the Dutch groups can construct three story buildings in the space provided) in Maison Blanche please let me know very soon (by tomorrow morning would be ideal, just an idea of interest). I have a pitch reserved but will decline unless I can find someone to share costs with.

I don't mind driving and am quite happy to show you the sights and sounds of the town and circuit if it's your first time. Just looking to split fuel costs, the ferry/train and the price of camping in two (or more if a pair of you wish to come). James, if you are interested in going this year, I live in Bradford so no worries there.

Let me know here.

Ta,
Rodger

Last edited by Asp; 11 Mar 2009 at 20:23. Reason: Best you don't have your full contact details on full display, there's some weirdos about. Wibble.