Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 14 Apr 2009, 14:12 (Ref:2440506)   #51
Jon Gray
Rookie

England
North Wales
Jon Gray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,

The following has just been sent to all involved in the BRSCC F3 Championship.

Gents,

Unfortunately the first round of the championship has been cancelled due to issues with the track and the modifications to accommodate the tunnel as part of the circuits preparation for the grand prix. Some meeting have taken place but they have had yellow flags from McLean’s corner to Coppice corner for the duration of the race and as you can imagine this is far from ideal. Most organisers and clubs are opting to cancel events and this is what has happened in our case. A new venue will be selected and both myself and Drew are already looking at the options. On that note Oulton Park anyone Double Header even?

Normally Ian would have informed all the members of this situation but he is on holiday dreaming about the 2009 season no doubt. Anyway I look forward to seeing you all at Silverstone in June I really hope we can make this a good year even in the current climate.

Regards

Jon Gray Jnr.
Old 14 Apr 2009, 17:11 (Ref:2440627)   #52
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
OP double header sounds a valid idea
can u get coombe canned and save the series the embarressment of no one wanting to race there a la 2007

anyone wanting to run their f3 car in france?
there is a French F3 SERIES ? they have 3 short races in the weekend
Old 14 Apr 2009, 19:09 (Ref:2440708)   #53
FFmygale
Racer

England
UK
FFmygale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and what makes you think that if you are correct in your assumption that no one will want to race at Combe that they would prefer to spend an even greater amount of money to race in France? after all, not only is there the cost to consider but isn't France also full of French people?
Old 14 Apr 2009, 20:05 (Ref:2440754)   #54
driftwood
Veteran

where were you in 07?
perhaps you need to do some research!

not arguing on extra cost of going to france nor the fact that its full of french people
merely the chance to perhaps broaden our horizons by going to race with them and perhaps them to us

what do you think the historic racers do just sit at home waiting for the Uk rounds?

and as your so anti france why are you running a Mygale? !
Old 15 Apr 2009, 10:15 (Ref:2441201)   #55
Derek Bond
Rookie

Derek Bond has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think a race in France would be a grand idea, I would even sell my prokart and stump up the cash for silverware, so long as its called the 'Waterloo Cup'. The whole event could be called the Murioa challenge which you know would go down like a bomb with any Kiwis or other Rainbow Warriors.

Regrettable Masseur Brown has made such a mess of the economy that the Euro is far too expensive for us British. We will all have to pool rationing cards just to make it to Silverstone. Remember the days when the next UK government refused to join the Euro at 2-1, 'those were the days'.

Still living in the past, does anyone really expect to see the BRSCC F3 race at Combe? I mean its very nice to go and visit, sort of like a Goodwood revival but is the cost of all those donations to Merlin worth it? The only magic left in that magician seems to involve re calibrating sound tests. So rather than a trip in the Tardis why don't the F3 boys just look for a race somewhere good and affordable...Estonia perhaps?
Old 15 Apr 2009, 10:41 (Ref:2441216)   #56
driftwood
Veteran

Im up for a race in estonia tallin is a pretty city

never knew the Liberals voted 2-1 against the euro
Old 15 Apr 2009, 11:23 (Ref:2441251)   #57
FFmygale
Racer

England
UK
FFmygale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
where were you in 07?
perhaps you need to do some research!

what do you think the historic racers do just sit at home waiting for the Uk rounds?

and as your so anti france why are you running a Mygale? !
Thats one of my points....the world was financially a different place in 07. You may have got people to go to France in 07 but surely that is less likely in 09?

You'll find that the historic racers enter the championship in the knowledge that it includes a number of rounds abroad - and surely therefore have the budget in place for this? Again, in 07 you would possibly have got away with replacing a UK round with a foreign one - but in my mind this year is different for a lot of people.

The French bit was a joke!
Old 15 Apr 2009, 16:11 (Ref:2441507)   #58
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have you guys asked about buying a slot at next weeks 750mc meeting at Brands Hatch? If you want me to ask the question then let me know.
Old 16 Apr 2009, 11:43 (Ref:2442154)   #59
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Right guys, I've had enough of pointless bickering in this thread. There's far too much trying to get one over on each other. Leave it for the racetrack.

This is a good thread to discuss the new season, and the latest happenings. How races go, who's going to be there, things about the racing. Anything else stops now.
Old 17 Apr 2009, 14:17 (Ref:2443074)   #60
Derek Bond
Rookie

How much does it cost to do a season of BRSCC F3 and how much for Historic's? I think I read in Autosport that Historic F3 is going to race in Monaco. I did a kart race in Monte Carlo once and although Ive never driven a single seater race car I think it would have to be very special for a race at Donnington to beat racing around the Principality.

Maybe the BRSCC F3 should try and join up with the Historic guys?
Old 17 Apr 2009, 14:48 (Ref:2443093)   #61
driftwood
Veteran

derek
im afraid to get entry to monaco f3 event u need to have experience and a special car history wise
suggest you look at buying dallara f3 and head to brscc f3 series for some good track experience the mono guys are not that quick we have had 1 or 2 come into f3 and they have not risen to the challange
F3 car is same thrill speed concept as karting but i am talking proper karts 100cc bump start kit not the 4 stroke electric starter karts that girls can run
Old 18 Apr 2009, 07:43 (Ref:2443539)   #62
Derek Bond
Rookie

I know where I can buy an ex Martin Brundle Ralt. The guy that is selling it needs the cash to pay a big speeding fine he got on holiday.

Having said that, I am just a karter and can't afford to race cars, tempting as it is.

How good do you have to be to race an F3 car? I won lots of races at Daytona Raceway before moving to out door karting.
Old 18 Apr 2009, 19:35 (Ref:2444020)   #63
El_Gibleto
Veteran

El_Gibleto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Classic F3, the series for 1970's F3 cars, has drivers with a wide range of ages experience and ability, from a 16year old Tom Bradshaw, now racing in the Porsche cup to people who are retired and every age in between.

If your interested I'd suggest you get to Silverstone on May 9th where the second round of this years series will take place and talk to the people involved. You'll see what a friendly and well run series Classic F3 is and you'll be able to find out first hand whats involved in terms of time and financial commitment.

hope that helps.
Old 18 Apr 2009, 20:14 (Ref:2444034)   #64
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Gibleto View Post
Classic F3, the series for 1970's F3 cars, has drivers with a wide range of ages experience and ability, from a 16year old Tom Bradshaw, now racing in the Porsche cup to people who are retired and every age in between.

If your interested I'd suggest you get to Silverstone on May 9th where the second round of this years series will take place and talk to the people involved. You'll see what a friendly and well run series Classic F3 is and you'll be able to find out first hand whats involved in terms of time and financial commitment.

hope that helps.
Taking my BRSCC Cardinus F3 hat off for a moment and donning my FF1600 hat.

Quote:
Club Formula Ford the series for Kent engined FF1600, has drivers with a wide range of ages experience and ability, from a 16year old Tom Bradshaw [yes, we had him first ], now racing in the Porsche cup to people who are retired and every age in between.
Your quote probably applies to just about every club racing formula going and should be the subject of its own thread, not jumping onto someone elses.

Popping my other hat on,

This is a BRSCC Cardinus F3 thread and some of the posters on here can do enough damage to it without you giving them something else to go off on a tangent on.

BTW I've nothing against Classic F3, in fact I rather like it.

Best regards

The two hatted coordinator.
Old 18 Apr 2009, 20:40 (Ref:2444048)   #65
Derek Bond
Rookie

Does that make Diz a round head and a Bell end?
Old 18 Apr 2009, 20:46 (Ref:2444050)   #66
driftwood
Veteran

derek i think even a plodder kart racer will find someone to race with in F3 cars
there are some welshmen racing so you can compare notes on wellies sheep and how fast you may have gone if you had not missed a gear
Historic f3 is a different category to BRSCC F3
historics are a bit like women tempremental and demanding need more time and money lavished on them
modern F3 cars are more straight forward
Old 19 Apr 2009, 14:11 (Ref:2444741)   #67
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gentlemen

Any F3 racers, either Historic F3 or BRSCC F3 who may fancy racing at a different venue this year may be interested to view the email I sent last week to a number of interested UK parties:-

Update on Phoenix Park 2009 Motor Races - 8/9 August 2009

This event is the 80th Anniversary Meeting of the Irish International Grand Prix, winner Boris Ivanowski. We have been granted permission to use 'Dublin Grand Prix' in the title of the event and for the main feature race of the weekend. This feature race will be for invited Formula Libre cars.

Irish Racing Classes committed are: Formula Libre, Uno Punto, Abarth, Historics, Porsche, Libre Saloons, Strykers, we are chasing the F Vees and Saloon Libre - some spaces available for saloons and sports/sportsracing cars also.

As you are aware from my contacts with you over recent months, we are anxious to secure visiting entries from the following classes- Historic F2/Atlantic/F5000/Classic F3 screamers/FJuniors/Classic F Ford to make up 2 visiting Libre grids of 26 cars each. The format will be, practice and 2 races of duration 20/25/30 mins - TBC. Entry fee is set at €500 per car, ferry and hotel discount deals are in place.

8/9 cars from each of the visiting Libre classes and the Irish F Libre class will go forward to the main feature race - The Dublin Grand Prix.

Negotiations are well underway now with the Office of Public Works on the event safety plan and for a revised paddock location. It is intended to televise the meeting on terrestrial and satellite channels.

Hospitality by the yard, acre, pint or litre, in your option - I will buy SOME beer for Driftwood, if he attends!!!!

Regular updates will be available on the Park website: phoenixparkmotorraces.eu and also on Ten tenths forum - Phoenix Park Motor Races 2009 and beyond.

I would like to crack on with this soonest, so any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me either via email - phoenixparkmotorraces@yahoo.co.uk or tel +44 1277 899393.

Regards

Eamonn Ledwidge
Old 19 Apr 2009, 19:02 (Ref:2444905)   #68
driftwood
Veteran

feck me eamon i was put of by the 500 ooros per car entry fee until i saw the buy me beer comment