Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 19 Oct 2007, 11:51 (Ref:2044453)   #26
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmmm I dont think Gordon was quite doing that to be honest!!

I am only glad that Abe san had got through his career and was coming to a point where he was going to stop, he gave millions tons of pleasure.

If anyone gets chance try and watch the great mans 94 Japan race with teh Japanese commentary, its simply the best 5 minutes you will spend watching anything!

Doo han,,, Scwantzah, brilliant!
Old 21 Oct 2007, 21:53 (Ref:2046985)   #27
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
275 GTB-4 chunder was right in his assumption. I followed Mikes career in his lifetime as a lot did, and he was a big hero to me. For those that knew about him, although he came from a privileged background, money couldn't buy that much talent. When I read in the MCN about Noric (and if the press got it right) I just immediately thought about Mike, sorry
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 22 Oct 2007, 06:08 (Ref:2047391)   #28
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was it mike who allegedly say upon turning up to a track he'd never seen.

"Which way round and what's the track record?"
Old 22 Oct 2007, 08:24 (Ref:2047505)   #29
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
Was it mike who allegedly say upon turning up to a track he'd never seen.

"Which way round and what's the track record?"
No that was Graham Crosby at his first visit to the now defunct Amaroo Park for the Castrol 6 Hour race in (approx) 1977.
He did break the lap record several times that day BTW.
Old 22 Oct 2007, 21:20 (Ref:2048414)   #30
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cros was a hero to me, I was at the Transatlantic in I think 84 when SPencer came over to Donington on teh NSR500 and broke his knee??

Lawson and Roberts were there I think but Croz was on an old Heron Suzuki 4 stroke.

He stodd no chance in the races and spent most of every lap on the back wheel, total hero to me from that day to this!!
Old 5 May 2009, 16:14 (Ref:2455934)   #31
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just re-wateched Abe's debut 500 race in Japan, the angles he had that thing at and the way he never ever gave up was just awesome. His speed through and out of the last chicane was different class. I wonder if the backmarker ahead of him just as he went down momentarily took away his concentration, otherwise a podium must have been on. Has there ever been a more dramatic top class baptism I wonder? So sad he rather faded towards the end of his career, based on that debut you wouldnt have betted against him being a World Champion at some point.
Old 6 May 2009, 09:34 (Ref:2456323)   #32
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The days of the old japanese kamikaze wild-card...