Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 8 Aug 2009, 08:39 (Ref:2517736)   #1
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V8 Supercars3

Sorry for being slightly, err, behind the times. But I just wanted to mention what, in my view, is the best racing game ever, in my personal, inexperienced view.
Don't play PS much these days, but I hired one out recently for a laugh, and came across the 3rd edition in the V8 super car series.
Because I am not really into the bling bling style body kits stickers no clearance cars crankin hip hop alot of the other games don't interest me, but the gameplay, variety, realism and sound of in this game is just fantastic.

Where else can you race in practically any form of motorsport and get a feel for how distinctively different all the cars are. Those 1930s Grand Prix cars, loose, sliding and massively powerful, or the 1980s Williams Honda Turbo, then you have a go in the mid 90s Williams with no aids or TC, and can't get out of a corner without it swapping ends.

What a game, what a game! Mind you, it could be well dated now given that I highly rated all the EA sports F1 games and every review I saw said they were below par.

Gran Turismo was great until this game! Anyone else really into it?
Old 9 Aug 2009, 10:16 (Ref:2518307)   #2
Maxwell Murder
Rookie

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
Maxwell Murder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bought it for PS2 during my excitement for the Bathurst 1000 a few years ago. I enjoyed the huge variety of motorsports, but what really bugged me and what has always bugged me in Codemasters games is the AI. They just seem to cheat so much, sometimes they're impossibly fast and seemed to have much more grip than me on occasions. Personally my favourite part of V8 Supercars 3 was the off road/rallying, especially the historic Group B events in the Audi Quattro. Unfortunately, V8 Supercars 3 wasn't able to keep me as entertained as its predecessors or Gran Turismo.
Old 10 Aug 2009, 09:09 (Ref:2518653)   #3
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great fun, but the unrealistic handling puts me off playing it

V8 Supercars in it just dont feel right.