Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 3 Dec 2009, 10:35 (Ref:2593321)   #26
marcostraz
Veteran

marcostraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If she really goes to NASCAR, I hope that this will not distract her too much. In my opinion, there is the risk that she don't do well neither the one nor the other thing.
Old 4 Dec 2009, 00:40 (Ref:2593749)   #27
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They need more fluro green paint.... not enough fluro green. "The idiot's guide to standing out in a field of red, blue, black and white indycars..."
Old 4 Dec 2009, 10:17 (Ref:2593892)   #28
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Surely the point of the exercise is to make your car stand out to the punters in the stands and to the TV audience and provide your sponsor with as much exposure as possible.
Considering the amount of night races on ovals that the IRL runs and the probability that this car will spend a bit of time running in the mid-pack then I'd say its a bloody fine livery!
This isn't a Lotus 49 people, it is not like throwing flouro paint on the Mona Lisa.
And I think Danica looks mighty fine in her new clothes. This is a sport with it's roots in dirt track speedway racing , it is not the place for pressed white linen racesuits.
I find it hard to like Danica, she acts too much like a spoilt child when things don't go her way, but I wish this association all the best for the good of the sport.
Old 7 Dec 2009, 18:50 (Ref:2595614)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Dallara really is an ugly car.
Old 7 Dec 2009, 20:07 (Ref:2595647)   #30
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And there is a place in this world for ugly cars. They add character and interest. That Cadillac Monstre that raced at Le Mans is one of my all time faves. I love some of the shocking roadsters from the fifties, and the atrocities that have sometimes graced an F1 grid. The poularity of these cars in scale model form is testament that I am not alone.

The problem is when you have a single chassis supplier for a series. I find a grid full of beautiful little Panoz champcars just as uninspiring to the eye as a grid full of ugly-duckling Dallara indycars.

In both cases it is purely the paint and signage that you throw on it that differentiates it from the pack and determines if it is judged as a successful livery by the fans and more importantly, the sponsors.
Old 7 Dec 2009, 20:55 (Ref:2595695)   #31
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree a grid full of beautiful little Panoz champcars is just as uninspiring. I just find the Dallara, whatever the paint scheme, an ugly car without any character. I would say there is a place for ugly cars; check this site out.

http://users.telenet.be/aerogi/Racing/Weird/Weird.htm

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 7 Dec 2009 at 21:00.
Old 7 Dec 2009, 21:08 (Ref:2595701)   #32
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Thanks for that link mr smith.

A series for those cars would get the fans back !!!

"Danica, choose your new Indycar............. from this list "
Old 7 Dec 2009, 21:17 (Ref:2595708)   #33
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Your welcome; there are some real "beauties". That Brabham with that box wing construction is mad; Danica can have that one
Old 8 Dec 2009, 21:41 (Ref:2596331)   #34
Juarez Jed
Veteran

SIR JACK

And staying off topic & speaking of Brabhams, I saw Sir Black Jack himself on Sunday at the V8 Supercar race in Sydney. He was being honoured for the 50th anniversary of his 1959 world championship.
His kidneys are failing so he spends a lot of time on dialysis machines on the Gold Coast, but it was good to see him back in Sydney where he started his career on the little dirt bullrings in the 1940's.
He also drove a pink car in the Indy 500, so I guess that could go in our Ugly car file !