Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 1 Mar 2010, 15:58 (Ref:2642729)   #26
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow, now that is racing! In your face Moto GP!

Well done to Haslam. I was genuinely pleased for him. His outside moves into Turn 1 on both starts were mega! Fabrizio needs to learn how to do a better post race interview though. Haga looked a bit off maybe. And Checa, wow, he was just solid. He pulled his way up to the lead group and then slowly picked them off. Brilliant stuff. Must say I was pulling for Guinters. He and Haslam came pretty close a few times into Turn 1...

The Yamaha team must be filling quite a let down. Not sure what they have done, but they took a race winning bike and made it a bit pants. Toseland and Vermeulen must be happy for a month long break. Ouch! I was quite worried for Chris, that was nasty lookin. Gotta agree about Rea and Camier. Rea should have been in that lead group in Race 2.
Old 1 Mar 2010, 22:05 (Ref:2642955)   #27
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont see why people are getting at Camier. Its only his 2nd event in worlds. Yes he made 2 little mistakes but at least he is trying and not just plodding around like 1 or 2 that are out there!
Old 1 Mar 2010, 22:09 (Ref:2642960)   #28
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Third event for Camier actually, but who's counting?
Old 2 Mar 2010, 17:49 (Ref:2643447)   #29
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lol I think will be the first to admit he was an idiot!! He is hardly espected to win, but getting that close to Biaggi and being quicker than him but making daft errors must be annoying to him!

he could go in and say to the team: "Hey give me the new stuff, lets have my input on this bike more?

Instead the old man gets the finishes!!
Old 2 Mar 2010, 21:41 (Ref:2643619)   #30
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Camier's own words:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Camier
I'm really disappointed as my lap times were very good and I think we could have had an excellent result. We've improved a lot, but I wasted a good opportunity.
He knows exactly what he did and that it could have been much better. So I don't see how it's wrong for us as fans to also point that out. And it's not unfair criticism. He's a fast kid. Once he gets a bit of control I think he can definitely push Biaggi as chunder says.
Old 3 Mar 2010, 09:44 (Ref:2643881)   #31
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why did Yamaha pull the pin on WSS?

Both Biaggi & Camier ran off the track in race 2...
Old 3 Mar 2010, 16:16 (Ref:2644138)   #32
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Does anyone know if the hilights are going to be shown on UK terrestial TV?
Old 4 Mar 2010, 14:21 (Ref:2644842)   #33
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would think it will be on eurosport again at some point
Old 6 Mar 2010, 23:27 (Ref:2646388)   #34
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First post since the end of November, hello to everyone. Now forgive me but I've been out of the loop for months now.

Unfortunately, I can't watch the races here in Canada, well, I haven't found a way to watch them.

Most of the points from the weekend have already been discussed by others so I won't rake over old ground however, browsing the results sheets today, I noticed it wasn't just Xaus who did not start the races. Resch was also absent. Did he do a Xaus too?

No Garry McCoy at Truimph?
Old 7 Mar 2010, 20:14 (Ref:2646903)   #35
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, Resch did a Xaus and McCoy got dumped by Triumph...
Old 7 Mar 2010, 20:15 (Ref:2646907)   #36
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think you missed it, C4 is the answer to your question about highlights on normal TV
Old 17 Mar 2010, 18:12 (Ref:2654374)   #37
2000yellow360
Racer

United States
California
2000yellow360 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
Wow, now that is racing! In your face Moto GP!

The Yamaha team must be filling quite a let down. Not sure what they have done, but they took a race winning bike and made it a bit pants. Toseland and Vermeulen must be happy for a month long break. Ouch! I was quite worried for Chris, that was nasty lookin. Gotta agree about Rea and Camier. Rea should have been in that lead group in Race 2.
The bike didn't win races. The rider did, and he's moved on. The bike was never really competitive, you could see that from his co-rider who could never get to the front. Classic case of a great rider making a POS look good.

Art
Old 17 Mar 2010, 19:17 (Ref:2654431)   #38
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000yellow360 View Post
The bike didn't win races. The rider did, and he's moved on. The bike was never really competitive, you could see that from his co-rider who could never get to the front. Classic case of a great rider making a POS look good.
True, hard to forget how good Spies is. Even Mladin said he's the best rider out there aside from Rossi. To take the R1 to the champioship was pure class. With that said, the R1 should still be winning races. It's not that much of a dog...