Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 26 Apr 2010, 12:05 (Ref:2679872)   #76
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Of course the FIA rules may well dictate the restart procedure but let's not allow facts to get in the way of a good moan.

That said if you don't like it don't watch it. Toddle off and watch those has-beens and never-wills in American Race series.

Last time I said that some people tried to kill me...
Old 26 Apr 2010, 12:48 (Ref:2679899)   #77
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

That said if you don't like it don't watch it. Toddle off and watch those has-beens and never-wills in American Race series.
At least those has-beens and never-wills actually know how to put on a good race, and can pass each other without the aid of a pitstop.
Old 26 Apr 2010, 13:00 (Ref:2679905)   #78
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Can someone 'throw a caution' on this thread? I wouldn't go so far as to use a 'full coarse yellow' however.
Old 26 Apr 2010, 13:15 (Ref:2679913)   #79
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
At least those has-beens and never-wills actually know how to put on a good race, and can pass each other without the aid of a pitstop.
Ok then.
Old 26 Apr 2010, 15:59 (Ref:2679983)   #80
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Stockcars have no limiter, and even though they're racers, they're able to keep pace and wait for the restart. I WONDER HOW THEY DO IT WITH THEIR RACERS MENTALITY, IT'S INSANE!
INDEED IT IS

Funnily enough, i have to agree with you to a certain extent, they don't seem to have much problem when behind the pace car, it's when they're under the green that the troubles start
Old 26 Apr 2010, 21:52 (Ref:2680200)   #81
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Indycar do race in the wet. Or they did when I last watched it a few years back.
Old 26 Apr 2010, 22:03 (Ref:2680208)   #82
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd laugh if Button gets taken out by someone thanks to Schumacher brake-testing the field in an upcoming race. Mainly at the reaction it would get here
Old 26 Apr 2010, 22:54 (Ref:2680227)   #83
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Indycar do race in the wet. Or they did when I last watched it a few years back.
Depends on how wet the wet is. Some great racing in Sao Paulo in the Wet to open the season, the next race at St. Petersburg (US not RU) was delayed a day however by the torrential rains
Old 27 Apr 2010, 00:04 (Ref:2680243)   #84
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
I'd laugh if Button gets taken out by someone thanks to Schumacher brake-testing the field in an upcoming race. Mainly at the reaction it would get here
For that to happen wouldn't Schumacher need to be ahead of Button?
Old 27 Apr 2010, 00:53 (Ref:2680249)   #85
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemachine View Post
Depends on how wet the wet is. Some great racing in Sao Paulo in the Wet to open the season, the next race at St. Petersburg (US not RU) was delayed a day however by the torrential rains
I don't think F1 would have attempted to race in conditions like St. Pete's, it was as bad as Sepang last year, possibly worse in that it didn't stop raining all day.
Old 27 Apr 2010, 01:31 (Ref:2680258)   #86
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
This thread is still going then...

What the hell are you talking about?
Old 27 Apr 2010, 02:31 (Ref:2680276)   #87
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
This thread is still going then...

What the hell are you talking about?
Apparently Button drives like an IndyCar driver, and oddly enough it seems like this is a positive
Old 27 Apr 2010, 02:49 (Ref:2680279)   #88
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Apparently Button drives like an IndyCar driver, and oddly enough it seems like this is a positive
Where did that come from?
Old 27 Apr 2010, 03:23 (Ref:2680288)   #89
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
The Grand Am drivers and the green flag gent made a massive mess of the restart in the Bosch 250 at Virginia Interantional Raceway. Late on the flag leader holding back and low and behold a horrible crunching in the middle of the pack as the back half of the boys anticipated the restart!
Old 27 Apr 2010, 03:37 (Ref:2680291)   #90
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
The Grand Am drivers and the green flag gent made a massive mess of the restart in the Bosch 250 at Virginia Interantional Raceway. Late on the flag leader holding back and low and behold a horrible crunching in the middle of the pack as the back half of the boys anticipated the restart!
Any more episodes like this and we could be on the way to having a motorsports pandemic!
Old 27 Apr 2010, 05:08 (Ref:2680311)   #91
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've read the thread and want to throw a question out there, I wonder if any of this would have happened if it had been around Silverstone say? Or Hockenheim or any circuit that doesn't have a significant straight before the final corner?
My understanding is that the Safety car line was just before the last corner on to the start straight, so effectively the hairpin was actually the final corner of a safety car lap?
Button is slowing down after driving the best part of a kilometre warming up his car etc for the re-start.
He comes out of the corner and takes off... I don't see a problem.
Old 27 Apr 2010, 09:17 (Ref:2680384)   #92
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I can't wait for the next race so that we have something else to discuss.
Old 27 Apr 2010, 10:16 (Ref:2680402)   #93
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
lmao I agree, i'm sick of this thread

Selby
Old 27 Apr 2010, 11:31 (Ref:2680437)   #94
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
No doubt something about Webber, Massa or Hamilton....
Old 27 Apr 2010, 11:32 (Ref:2680438)   #95
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Totally and absolutely agree. It would be a kindness if the Mods were to close the thread and let people move on.
Old 27 Apr 2010, 11:52 (Ref:2680455)   #96
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just read that, glad I did
Old 27 Apr 2010, 13:13 (Ref:2680516)   #97
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemachine
Where did that come from?
I was just trying to sum up for Mr. Smith
Old 27 Apr 2010, 13:46 (Ref:2680532)   #98
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
I was just trying to sum up for Mr. Smith
Do you think he'd be any good on ovals?
Old 27 Apr 2010, 15:12 (Ref:2680562)   #99
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
So they'd have to race a little bit on cold tires, oh poor them!
Tell that to Senna...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 28 Apr 2010, 00:13 (Ref:2680853)   #100
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ok, enough is enough, the discussion moved away from the subject. If anyone feels that the subject must keep going on, feel free to start a new thread about it, this one is closed.